• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,948 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,948

PreviousChapters Next
Four Part Finale 1/4

Midnight Castle: Everhere, Vol 7, Chapter 10, Fall of The Risen

I feel so stupid. Rereading the last chapter I find it so obvious! Things are starting to make sense :D tl;dr I loved it, but all the more scared about next week's chapter. I'm afraid someone of the main characters might die :(

Here's my review.

The chapter starts after the end of the previous one, with Bellucio walking about his kitchen, worried about the dream he had. He does a bunch of phone calls (calling pretty much everyone). We have a few funny moments learning what everyone else does at four in the morning. (side rant! That huge reveal about Megan! Megan x Cassandra is a thing! I have no words how brave that is! Also funny how they are in bed when Bellucio calls. So sweet how Cassandra wishes Megan luck before flopping back to bed.) Also, Danny and Loki are hilarious preparing for their exam ("Guess that's another roommate I've ruined..." - best Loki quote:)

All nine (plus Caprice) gather and Bellucio explains what he saw in his dream: how Poseidon isn't what he thought, and that everything they've been through might be false. Everyone's down and confused (most coming to terms with their everpowers.) Bellucio then asks is anyone else has any secrets they want to share. We get some guilt flashbacks from everyone, but no one steps forward. Euryala says they a lying, but at this point they don't have to trust each other, just work together to stop the deities and the Everprince. Blazen gets in her face about giving out orders too much, at which point she shouts back that everyone was chosen before they were born.

"Three of your are claimed by powerful beings, the rest are chess pieces in a game you don't understand!"

After a lot of yelling, Euryala shares her plan: they go to Poseidon-Reality to arm themselves with "weapons and knowledge" then return to start the next phase. After some back and fro everyone agrees and they combine some powers to do that.... then suddenly everyone ends up in the past!

It's revealed that the only way to fight Poseidon is at a time when he has no knowledge of them. (Time travel :/ So cliche) They all try to blend in, gradually finding what Poseidon is like. Apparently there are selections for new disciples (not chosen?!) and they all try to become such. Bellucio is selected (no surprises) along with Molly (huh?). They have to do a few trials: kill a dragon threatening Mistmount (which seems to have been founded millennia ago). Everything seems a bit boring, until Icelos suddenly appears to Bellucio and Molly and starts blowing minds! First, he warns them not to believe Euryala. Then he says that all of this is a side-dream (a dream within a dream which keeps them away from Poseidon's eyes). We are told that Poseidon is the god who controls dreams, and all dreams up to this point are, in fact, sent by him. (All the times since Mistmount Chronicles in which other deities have sent dreams to anyone are in fact clever manipulations.) and, of course, he finished with the grand. "Things are more complicated than you think."

So, three more chapters to go till the end of the arc and everything is already so confusing! And I love it! :D

What do you think?

PrinceEric

It might be just me, but this is almost as if the writers are suggesting that all events that have taken place after the end of Chronicles aren't real. A curious approach. Something to ponder upon. No doubt about it, Everhere is much darker and mind*yay* than the previous series, yet with the number of fans increasing S.Child must have done something good.

I still like Chronicles, because it had a far more innocent field to it: corporations bad, deities good. Now we have constant questions, traitors, realities, dreamscapes. We literally don't know what's real or not, who is good or not, who is who even! I won't be surprised if it turns out that Cassandra is Megan's male lover who's been put under a spell to appear male. At this point that's just as possible as anything.

I must begrudgingly admit that the undertaking is huge, though, and so far they've pulled it off quite well.

MixaMax

@Jade: Better get some more meds, bro. Max is delirious! There's no way she'd say something nice about Everhere. Just no way!:P

@Short&Hoofy: On that note hope you're doing better. Must be nasty getting the bug :( I blame Max! Come back soon. Pixel misses you.

RRBB

@RRBB: Hold on! What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with sis. She's been going to school every day since the checkup. Hay, she's supposed to be at school now!

@Short&Hoofy: You better have a good explanation.

MixaMax

My bad. She's been seeing my physician. I would have hoped she'd TOLD ponies, but apparently not. :/

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: What the heck!? What's going on! Is she well? Is anything wrong?

MixaMax

@MixaMax: All's fine, but it's not something that could be discussed in general chat.

I'm sure you, of all ponies, would appreciate that, Miss I-Left-For-The-Crystal-Empire-But-Didn't-Tell-Anypony.

PaintDrop

Well... at least we had a sex scene in the series. Yay for Cassandra x Megan?

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: This is hardly the time... :/

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Oh? So it's better to discuss things without hearing her opinion on the matter? If there's anything that Short wants to share she will. If not...

LightSparkle

Light has a point there.

TheRealLuna

@RRBB, @MixaMax: Sorry. I didn't want to tell you not to worry you. I'm fine, but I haven't been going to school, and I'm not exactly sick either. And I'd prefer not to talk about this.

@LyraHands: Please lock the thread?

Short&Hoofy

Done. PM me if you want to talk.

LyraHands

PreviousChapters Next