• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,954 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,954

PreviousChapters Next
Revelations

@all: I have two announcements to make.

First. We must be nice to new members. Period! This is non negotiable! When CodeFilly, MixaMax, and Brush started talking about making a site, we decided that it won't be just another sugar site. This was always intended as a place where ponies could be critical and say what they think. I have no intention of changing that.

However, we must consider that we've known each other for a long time. I've spoken to pretty much every active member personally (plus a few inactive ones). It's my mistake I didn't get to talk to DarkSparkle before she left. I hope it's not permanent, I really do. In order not to go through this, everyone must be polite to new members until they get used to our level of discussion.

Remember, nopony is at fault here! Max has been crying her eyes out all morning. We all know her and love her, and don't for a moment think that she drove Dark away intentionally. That said, we can all try to be a bit nicer. (If CEO didn't have thick skin they might have left as well when they got nasty posts.)

With that I'm closing the matter. Hopefully. I'll never get to talk about it again.


Second. This is the big one. As you know lately things haven't been the best for me. Still, something really, really good happened. A few of you might know this has going on for a while (thank you for keeping the secret :)). Yesterday I spend all day reflecting on life with one of my oldest friends, and decided there's no point in hiding it anymore.

I'm officially moving in with Bob! :)))

There you have it! Now back to humans! :)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: you sneaky little fluff! That's why you went to the Empire yesterday, right? Sheesh, you're such an airhead sometimes! :P

Bob

Wait! Does this mean that we have an actual ship?! I can't believe it! I never thought you two would become a couple! That's so cool! Congrats :))

PrinceEric

Awwww! That's so sweet! @.@
I wish something as romantic would happen to me one day...

SweetStuff

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! You deserve to be happy, and I'm glad you found the courage to the the final step to do so. So far you've been the one bringing joy to others, despite your real life problems.

I'm sure everyone will say the same, but let me be the first to say that I'm here if you need anything I'll be there. Also, if you happen to go to Trottingham on vacation, let me know (and don't you dare book a hotel!)

The TechNightling

That's so precious! You two met in a forum and got together! :)))

Twist

@Twist: we knew each other long before the site, sweetie ;) Lyra was just a dumbass and didn't recognize me here. *snort* *sexy narwhal*

Who came up with with these reactions? They are hilarious! Lol!

Bob

I promise I'll perform at your wedding. ;)

Brush

@Bob: how was I to know you were into humies?! You never told me! (Anything else you've been keeping from me? :P)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: Scooore! :D Like I didn't see that from a mile away! You'll tell me all the details, and I'll create a pair of original characters in MC based on you and Bob! PiantDrop will provide the art!

Also, I hate you! I hope it works out for me as well... as if! :P

RRBB

@LyraHands, @Bob: hmm. To be honest I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a Brush x Bob ship, but meh. :P

Seriously. This is great! And I'm so making pictures for the story RRBB is writing. :D I'm so happy you let us know. Also, you do realize that you two are the first MC couple, right? ;)

PaintDrop

The first of many, to be sure.

MasterOfThisAstra

@PaintDrop: well, technically Code announced me a few days earlier :P Just joking. I wouldn't have joined if she hadn't dragged me.

@LyraHands: how about a get together of the old gang? :)

MightyDragon

@LyraHands: and all this time I thought you'd fall for me. :P Take good care of her, Bob! I know where you live! :P

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: so do I!

Bob

@Bob: I'd hope so! Otherwise Lyra would be living with an idiot! :D

CEOWitch

@CEOWitch: you know each other?! This is crazy! :D It's more complicated than MCE!

So, you, Bob, and LyraHands know each other. LyraHands also made the site together with Brush, MixaMax, and CodeFilly. Twist knows Bob and LyraHands because of candy canes (?!?). Finally, RRBB, PaintDrop, SweetStuff, and Candle are in the same city?

This is too much! :)

PrinceEric

@LyraHands: So happy for you! I wish you a lot of happiness and pleasant moments together! Unfortunately, looks like I won't be able to make it to the meetup :( A new order arrived and I'll have to focus on that. Please send photos.

Candle

@Candle: Aww :( we can use dragon mail, but it's such a pity you can't come. I wanted to see everypony!

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: at least it will give me and Tech a chance to work on my next fic. Maybe next time I'll be able to make it.

Candle

@all: To mark this fateful occasion, another announcement! The site improvement we've been working on for some time is finally done. Tomorrow, you'll all see the new interface, as well as a few new features. Remember, the changes are massive and there might be some issues here and there, but the core is solid.

With that, I'll be closing the site after an hour so we can start the update. In that regard, I'd like to thank MightyDragon, also an exceptional coder, who helped with some the tricky bits. It's not everyday that one gets to meet an expert on CelestialCode and CC+. :)

Sleep well, Nightlings, for tomorrow will be an exciting day!

The TechNightling

I love bunnies...

Brush

PreviousChapters Next