• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
The Meetup Contest

@all: Hello, Nightlings!

The time has come for another contest! And this one is going to be something special :) I won’t lie it was inspired by Jade (So blame him for everything! :P)

Whats the contest about? Before I specify I’d like to mention a few ground rules.

Firstly, there’s the usual: no *yay* stuff, no blood & gore, no senseless violence or troubling issues. Let’s keep the MC spirit. When I’m doubt consult what’s already published. The golden rule is “could that appear in a MC scroll?”

Second, you have three days to submit your story (in its entirety). Fics that aren’t complete will not be taken into consideration. For that reason length isn’t an issue (as long as it’s over 2000 words). Also, don’t worry, curators have been instructed to forward All contest submissions to me and my chief judges.

Thirdly, Jade won’t take part in the contest :P He’ll be one of the judges (along with number1 and the TechNightling). That’s right, you have 3 hot stallions judging entries, so make sure you look your best! (That said all three of them are spoken for, so no flirting!) My only role will be to announce the winners.

The prize is a dreamreading that will take place during the meetup in a week from now (Ponyville, of course, so be sure to get in touch with @Luna and @MixaMax for accommodations and travel suggestions).

And now finally here’s the contest topic:

A human goes to Equestria and starts a business with an Equestrian partner.

Edit: please use main, secondary, or memorable background characters. Self inserts are allowed for the Equestrian partner.

Good luck!

LyraHands

Why couldn’t at least one of the judges be single? *sigh*

Also, the judging panel is outright scary composing of my writing mentor, the strictest mod, and my boss’ boyfriend.

No way will I miss a chance to make a fool of myself! :D

LittleFinger

Hmm. I might try this just because of Blueblood. Will be funny :)

DaBoss

Oh, oh! How many entries can an author have? I have so many ideas I want to try them all!

And is it okay for there to be more than one Equestrian partners? It’ll e so much fun for there to be A total species confusion as they try to do things :)

PlayedPiece

Just a reminder. I will NOT be giving in depth feedback to the stories. If anyone wants that PM me and if I find time to spare, I will, but no guarantees. In regards to the contest I’ll only be a judge and that means rating the story based on certain criteria:

Spelling & grammar
Originality
Flow
Characters

There is no specific order, so don’t think that a boring well executed work will win over the rest. Present the best you are capable of then spend a few days on polish and proofreading. And please, don’t like your entries to existing stories (especially such written by others).

Jade

Quite right, my darlings. Remember to presentable, especially for such a fine set of judges :)

If in doubt ask someone else to edit your works before you submit. Twist and myself are such options. RRBB and Feather might participate so please do not spam them with requests.

Naturally, it is improper to ask the judges for editing help ;)

Grace

@LyraHands: what if I want to have the human be of the corporation and not the pathetic grand9? I can do that, right?

SteveThumb

@SteveThumb: yes, evil inc fics are acceptable as long as they aren’t dark :)

@PlayedPiece: one entry per Nightling, please :) And yes, one Equestrian partner is the minimum. More are fine, as long as you don’t go “Felina corp opens branch office in Canterlot” :)

LightSparkle

I got it! The perfect fic idea!

Megan and Cassandra come to Equestria and recruit Twilight to open a anti-centaur invasion bureau! However, since Twi has a soft spot for centaurs she does a terrible job and always lets a few centaurs “sneak” by :)

I can feel it! It’ll be the best fic ever!

EverSpike

@EverSpike: Orpheus comes to Equestria and teams up with Spike to make an angsty goth sarcasm club, but can’t find any members!

DarkSparkle

*snrk*

@EverSpike: that burn :P

Feather

@Feather: Yeah, she got me good. I guess I’ll go mope in my new room now, while DarkSparkle does *yay*-y things with her boyfriend. :P

Edit: she turned red and teleported me to some desert. Anypony could give me a lift?

EverSpike

Hmph! Karl moves to Equestria and recruits a bunny army with Angel, so they could defeat the titans and re-conquer Earth.

Actually, that doesn’t sound too bad.

Grumpy

@Grumpy: hey! Haven’t heard you in ages! How have you been? You had me worried. PM me!

@EverSpike: hold tight, I’ll get you. (That’ll give the lovebirds some time alone anyway :P)

TrueSparkle

Heh, I know! Omni comes to Equestria and with PPI’s help creates a clone army to conquer all known reality! I reckon that’ll be a mighty good comedy, if I say so myself.

SaltyHuman

@all: As fun as this is, maybe keep your ideas for the actual contest? :)

LyraHands

I’ll gladly analyze the winner :) Maybe I’ll combine the effort with PaintDrop link we did last time? I’ll analyze and she’ll describe what’s going on.

@LyraHands: maybe have the top three be shown? There’s not much that ponies can write in 3 days, even if it’s a prolific master a Simile (love your new fic! :)) or PlayedPiece.

It will be much more fun to have reads of the top 3 in reversed order.

PrinceEric

@RRBB:are you up for that? You and, Hop, and Simile will be doing the dreamreading, so it’s up to you to decide.

LyraHands

I’m okay if Simile is.

Also, I’d like to point out that I won’t be participating in the contest, precisely because it’ll be awkward for me organizing the reading. That aid, I won’t have time for editing either.

RRBB

Of course I can do three readings! Who do you take me for?!

@PrinceEric: thank you :)

Simile

More Princess Jennifer!

FlurryHeart

Un oh... it begins..

MightyDragon

Author's Note:

11 chapters remaining...

PreviousChapters Next