• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Technical and Other Issues

Morning, girls!

I have some good news and some... not good news. Good news is I'm alive (how did that happen? :P) and thanks to our lovely stallion got the basics of the site working. (TechNightling is da pone!)

Now the bad news... Seems I had made such a mess of things that Tech and I had to redo all from scratch. Tech managed to save most of the plaintext post, but you'll have to relink all your stories (this mostly concerns RRBB. Sorry, filly :( Promise I'll make it up to you.)

Good news regarding the bad news: TechNightling got the depository functionality working, so you can upload your fics directly! Formatting is a bit wonky, but it'll have to do until we find somepony with a basic understanding of aesthetics.

Also, big news! TechNightling has agreed to be our first official Mod! (Yay!) Give him a stomp and a hug, everypony! Without him the site would have been messed up till Hearth's Warming. :)

Anyway, let the posting continue!

LyraHands

Noooooo! My beautiful Danny links! Curse you, Handy! Cuuuuuurse you!!!

I'll upload all my stuff after school. I hope this time it'll remain for more than ten hours. :P

On another note, I have a friend at school who's really good at drawing. Now she's not into humies exactly, but I've been making casual comments about Midnight Castle to test the waters. So far she's quite open to the idea, so am thinking of inviting her here. You girls cool? She tends to draw a bit risqué, though.

RRBB

Risqué?! Did you seriously type risqué?!? Lol!

MixaMax

@RRBB: I approve! Bring in all the lewd pics! Does she have a cute brother?

Brush

@MixaMax: and why not? It's a perfectly normal word.

@Brush: you're a beast, you know that? :P but yes, she does have a "cute brother" who's far too good for you! Seriously, he's like five years older and in a Celestial college. Not sure his family will approve him hanging round mares (they are mega conservative :/)

RRBB

Hello everyone,

Let me start by thanking LyraHands for letting me be part of this. I'll work my hardest to not misplace her trust and make Midnight Castle the best site there is. (By Luna, there are some pretty awful sites in the aether.)

While I, and I'm sure everypony else, always welcomes any new members and discussions, could you refrain from posting explicit pics for the moment? I'll start work on getting an explicit filter once the personal messaging system is fully functional. I don't want to be the rump of the site, but I'm at work most of the time, and having such things appear on my screen might cause problems.

Thank you.

The TechNightling

@The TechNightling: Anything for you, bby. ;) *passes fingers through Techie's fragrant mane*

Brush

@Brush: stahp, you crazy filly! :) The guy said he's married. Use some of that imagination to continue The Human and I! I promise I'll personally commission art for each of your chapters!

LyraHands

@LyraHands: lewd art?

Brush

@Brush: the lewdest art! So lewd that Princess Cadence will tell us to tone it down! Just get writing already!

@RRBB: I think it's great if you can get your friend to join. I know firsthoof how awkward it is might be. Until I came out, I used to say I was buying the books for my brother (and before you say anything, Brush, I don't have a brother!) Let me know if there's anything I could help. Same goes for everypony—if you're even teased or made uncomfortable let me know and I'll help you handle it. (I've been through that already)

LyraHands

@LyraHands: thanks, but she's fine.

@Brush: you okay if I send her one of your things to read? She tends to find colt stuff a bit simplistic, but that's only because she's never seen your take on it :D

RRBB

@RRBB: Yes! Make me famous! When she gets hooked I'll accept her brother as tribute! Mwahaha! >:)

@LyraHands: Slavedriver! Temptress! *grumbles*

Brush

Can somepony help me with this upload thing? I guess I'm stupid, but I can't get it to work. :(

Candle

Sorry, Candle. It might be a bit confusing. I'll add a help section to the site. It'll be just text, but should help for now. If you have any further troubles just let me know.

The TechNightling

@The TechNightling: thanks :)

Candle

Hey hey, everybody! :)

New Nightling here. I've been reading the books for half an year now and I love the series to bits!
Here, have a bottle! :P

So what do you pones do here? Just chat and post stories, or discuss the books as well? For one thing, have you noticed that the woman-man ratio is 2:1? I know I was surprised. Reading the books, it seems like it's mostly the Great Eight and a few support characters (also male) who do all the things, but when I noted down all the characters as they appear I get 83 women and 41 men. Granted that 7 of the women are just references and 24 are of the sorceress squads, but I was the heck surprised!

Is it the same with the first series?

Thanks, and we're here for each other!

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: nice web-name. I approve. And yeah, that has been discussed. The ratio is pretty much the same throughout the entire series, but when you take into account that most of the women are background characters it's more like a 1:3. Keep in mind this isn't Shakesmare but a series for colts. A lot of the things are there just to make a scene feel full.

Best example: Bellucio's maids. So far we have 3 claiming to have worked at his parent's house before his birth: Sorsa - The Missing Hare (series 1), Euryala - Shadowknife's prophecy (series 1 finale, parts 1,2, and 3), and Claris - Am I Who I Am? (Series 3). They never meet or appear outside of their respective chapters. Plus, based on descriptions we have fifteen more who come and go at random intervals, most of the time bringing Bellucio a bottle of soda, never to be seen again.

Based on these numbers, Bellucio's family must be rich (which we know isn't so, since he originally set on his modeling career to help pay for his ballet classes).

My advice is don't read too much into things :)

Also, welcome aboard!

MixaMax

Hello PrinceEric,

Wonderful to have you here. I haven't analyzed the series that much in depth, but I think MixaMax is correct. I can tell you that in the original Midnight Castle there were five, yes five, female characters, and that includes the original villain Hera.

I find it commendable that you've devoted so much time into these things. I'm sure it'll help piece together a greater understanding of the world we all love.

The TechNightling

Before Brush jumps all over you because of your stallion name, let me welcome you to Midnight Castle. I already see you'll do fine here :)

If you want I can send you the first series of the Mistmount Chronicles. I have several, so it's no prob. Just send me a personal message with a p.o.box and I'll send them to you.

LyraHands

@LyraHands: wow! Thanks! I'll do that!

And hey, I'm not worried. I'm a colt in real life. Junior in high school.

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: you have no idea what you have unleashed! Flee while you still can!

RRBB

*perks up ears* Did somepony say colt? O, bby, come 'ere! *tackle-nuzzles PrinceEric*

Brush

Here we go again... somepony, please find Brush a stallion! She clearly needs one.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: buck you!

Brush

PreviousChapters Next