• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,931 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,931

PreviousChapters Next
First Mystery Spoiler

Zeus Skymaster

Deity, Thunderer, Chooser

Zeus was the god that conquered known existence. His power verging his with infinity, he conquered the world and everything in it from the titans and claimed himself king. Five times he created humans to inhabit his domain, five times he failed. For the six he shattered part of his essence to sand and gave every human a grain, granting them the power of magic. This is the sixth age.

Siblings: Hades, Poseidon
Place of birth: Holy Olympus
Divine power: Thunder
Follower: Danny Williams
Focus: Rule

"I've made mistakes, you're one of my lesser ones."

Well, I wasn't expecting that. :/ Though, I must say it's so cool written! I must find out who the author of this chapter is and marry her! Or at least who came up with the idea.

The spoiler says more about Zeus than everything else so far, and yet I've so many questions that I know nothing at all! Did the titans create Earth? What was his life like as a child (somepony please write this! :)) Did he have a love interest? Children? Why is there no mention of his rumored wife?

And, of course, we have Danny stated as follower. Not that anypony is surprised. Don't know about you, but I'm so hyped about next chapter!

RRBB

Hype! I'll be doing "tasteful" young Zeus commissions. If anyone us interested PM me. I'll only be taking 5, so better hurry!

I find it interesting that it's rated he's the master of the sky (I hope that's not his second name!). Does that mean the other are masters of things as well? Poseidon is sea, but what is Hades?

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: I find it fascinating that the writers are keeping so closely to the original pre classical human myths! Zeus was indeed said to be ruler of the heavens, Poseidon of the seas, and Hades of Tartarus and all above (which is to mean land).

This is the first time their dominion is so clearly defined. (Coincidentally, I had predicted such an outcome in my Zeus' Leader Sandals story.) It also begs the question if each of them gave powers the others don't.

Looking forward to this.

DarkSparkle

Girls, girls! I just had the craziest idea! What if each deity is an embodiment of a pony tribe? I mean, we discussed them being inspired by the Princesses, but what if they are each one tribe? Zeus is pegasi, Hades is earth ponies, and Poseidon is unicorns.

That would be so bash if true!

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: oh, and what am I? Horseshoes? I know that the three tribes are considered a big thing, but back when I was born crystal and sea ponies were far more dominant. And what about all the other tribes? Bat ponies? Zebras? I'm I won't even get into Griffins, Dragons, Diamond Dogs, Bovines, and all the other races that fill Equestria.

Princess Celestia is as a sovereign by all, and associating her to a single tribe is *yay* insulting! Zeus being linked to a single tribe is equally absurd!

Jade

@Jade: Sorry :( I didn't think while writing. I'm just too used to the myth that I forgot completely... :(

PrinceEric

Not cool, bro.

You did get me thinking, though. What if the deities are the Everprince? Maybe they were divided into three using the shatterstone? What if the Felina corp has been one of the good guys all along? *yay* it, I mean it was the deities that got the gr8 to find the crown. Euryala tried to stop them.

Wow! I sound so Jake right now. :P

Feather

@Jade: Calm down and buy me some oats! I'm sick and starving down here! :P

@Feather: A common theory. Not the most absurd (like the Williams siblings being the Everprince). I still think that we're looking beyond what even the writers could imagine. Again, I've said this before, I'll say it again: this is where we'll see if the series goes on or stops at the first arc.

MixaMax

@MixaMax: If you're well enough to browse you're well enough to get your own oats! What am I? Your servant?!

Jade

@Jade: You tell 'em, Jade! (psst! I can send you a whip real cheap.)

RRBB

@RRBB: Y'ain't go no idea about proper whips. I have a whole collection in the barn, though I don't use them yet. Sis says I could when I get a bit older.

WaterBottle

*shocked*

SweetStuff

... can't... breathe... too much laughing!

This is great! Water, you deserve a medal! :)))

Feather

@WaterBottle: Why, Water, I never knew you were so knowledgeable in that area :D

RRBB

@RRBB: Damn right! Seems like I can teach you a thing or two! :)

WaterBottle

This is just too painful to watch :)

DannyFan

Clearly we have an expert among us. I'd never have guessed. :)

PaintDrop

I'm curious how far this will go before I lock the thread...

LyraHands

@WaterBottle: Please just stop...

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: Why? RRBB always reckons she knows so much about everything! Well, I know more about whips than she ever will! So there! :)

WaterBottle

Ded! So dead right now! :))))

Feather

This must be a fic! Somepony, please make this into a fic!

RRBB

@Jade: Forget the oats! Come help me stop laughing!

MixaMax

@WaterBottle: I don't think you she means what you think she means...

YouKnowWho

Well... I think this a good time to lock the thread.

PaintDrop

Yes! Whips lead to licking!

MightyDragon

That was an unfortunate combination of jokes, Oligosaccharide. And I'll be leaving it just to teach you to read things before you post!

Love you :)

CodeFilly

Clearly my being away for a while has come at a price. Would everyone now please move on to more productive things?

Thank you!

The TechNightling

Can't say I'm surprised at where this train-wreck went. I won't lock, but please tone it down in future, okay?

LyraHands

The meaning has been explained.

RRBB

Poor Water :(

SweetStuff

PreviousChapters Next