• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,952 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,952

PreviousChapters Next
The Lead-up Analyses

Okay, I’ll jumping directly into this! It will be so good, I can’t wit for the reading next week! :)

We start with Danny, Megan, and Euryala trying to use their evergems together. Since they are the only three that have actually found them, they think they stand the best chance to defeat the Everprince. Since they cannot decipher the Grogar documents, they insider their best bet is to defeat the Everprince and then deal with the larger issue. Blazen makes a comment that they they are making a deal with the demon (corporations) to defeat someone without even knowing why. There’s a huge argument if the deities could be trusted and if it’s really their place to be controlling the world. In the end, Blazen leaves, furious. The pup follows him

The attempts to see if the evergems could be combined continue, when Eric secretly tells Bellucio he wants to talk to him. The two go outside, where Caprice says she might know where his gem is hidden.

Meanwhile, Blazen wrecks havoc in his typical style, when a tattoo on his skin comes to life (as a big) and attacks him. Blazen, manages to squish it (after s minor fight) but is still worried. Just then the Everprince appears (and the pup runs to him wagging its tail). The Everprince says he knows that Blazen’s family are after him and are getting closer. He also suggests that his friends wouldn’t help them against the danger, but he will. Blazen gets ready to fight, but surprisingly the Everprince doesn’t do anything, instead he just tosses him an evergem. Then the offer is made: in the war to come an alliance will have to be made, but why should they ally themselves with the corporations and not him? Or even better, the Everprince suggests that Blazen makes an alliance with both sides. That way whoever wins the grand9 will be safe.

They get into a real conspiratorial talk in which “logical errors” in last chapters (all the way to the start of Mistmount Chronicles) as explained as being deliberate.p actions by certain powers. The Everprince also asks how come one of the original corporations became the Overseers, entrusted to keep watch on any reality and divine magic. Blazen is hesitant, but once the Everprince reveals that the jewel in his crown is his evergem, he agrees to a deal. Yet! Yet, we also learn that computrix has been spying on the whole thing through his phone.

Back to Bellucio, Eric, and Caprice, they go to Equestria. Using magic to hide themselves, they go to a secluded part of the Canterlot Gardens, where there’s humanoid statue hidden in the center of a maze. It’s revealed that there’s a secret passage under the statute. The passage leads through a underground trapped maze. (I won’t spoil what goes down there, but it’s worth it.). The big reveal, though, is that they find a throne room surrounded by pony statues, and on the throne there’s a seated statue of Poseidon...which Icelos (who suddenly appears) mentions that he’s alive but turned to stone.

Wow wow wow! This is so great! Wonderful buildup! Also, so glad there’s a confirmation of season 2. Would have been argh to have everything rushed to an end in one chapter. I seriously love the pacing of Everhere. It’s one huge story, even fluff episodes are later explained as part of it!

Your thoughts?

PrinceEric

I’m getting this image of mom galloping about her garden, shooting astherbolts at ponies and yelling “damned foals, get off my lawn!”

You’re laughing now, but I bet from tomorrow then will be ponies doing just that. Or am I wrong, @YouKnowWho, @WaterBottle, @SweetStuff?

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: if only it were foals...

I feel so embarrassed. We actually went to check it out earlier this morning. The weird statue is a thing. However, there is no underground maze. I know because we might have used tome magic to check..,and get escorted by the guards away.

CodeFilly

The funny thing is that the guards told us that they already checked :P

I think it was a nice experience. Well, Blueblood got a bit upset... and Princess Celestia made a few jokes at our expense. But other than that it was fun. And the statue was real!

MightyDragon

@LightSparkle: Oh, come on! It’s not like we would have done anything. Much.

Besides, I bet we’ll find something that MightyCode missed. (Just kidding :P) I wonder what would happen next week, though. Do you think it’s possible that the final chapter is in Equestria?

YouKnowWho

@PrinceEric: hmm. This was actually a very well written chapter. It fixes some past plot holes, has continuity and sets up the finale. And that’s exactly why I’m so skeptical about next week. This chapters sets things up too well! I honestly can’t think of a resolution that would be satisfactory. The group is so splintered that we’ll either have a new grand9 in the following volume, or they unite and form a group again. Either way it’s a bit meh. Guess we’ll see.

MixaMax

And I would like to point out that MixaMax is still upset that there aren’t as many haters as before. The chapter was flawless. I cannot realistically believe that something so magnificent could be done without a suitable conclusion. Granted, I have a suspicion it won’t be something we expect. It is entirely possible, probable, that Poseidon will be unpetrified. However, I’m certain that would not be the big surprise.

Going from yesterday’s rumors, I wouldn’t be surprised if Euryala (or someone) actually kills him, plunging everything in even greater chaos. We’ll see next week, I guess.

Jade

@all. Lyra is in hospital.

This is more or less planned, but I won’t lie I’m a bit nervous. The stress this last week/month has urged things along, so now (keeping her condition in mind) it was considered safer that she spends a few weeks under observation.

I’d like to stress she is fine, as are the foals. I talked to her an hour ago and agreed to let everyone know so you don’t jump to conclusions. It’s likely she won’t comment a lot these next few months, even if I’ll be sending her scrolls using the tts functionality. Sadly, that also means she’ll miss the reading.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bob

PreviousChapters Next