• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
New Rumors

Girls, girls! I heard a rumor and it's wow! It always feels weird knowing that the writers are actually reading this (don't hate on me, @Luna O:)), but… well, here goes!

We’ll see new gods AND goddesses appear in the second arc. Not sure about numbers, but there's talk that we'll get at least three new ones, which will also be linked to the Chosen series. What’s more, Icelos isn't considered a god (even if he is). So there might be more like him as well.

I'm so excited! This is one of the best things! :)

PrinceEric

I don't know. Seems like a huge departure from MC and more of a deity based fic. Now, before everyone jumps on me for being negative, I'd like to remind everypony that the focus of MC have always been the characters. Even the corporations started as nothing more than a repetitive villain. Remember the first chapters of Chronicles? Back then there was just one corporation who was doing evil and the rest of the world was a blank slate. We had strange things happen to the city, but for all intents and purposes it was one city (town rather) one mountain and one corporation.

I see what they have trying to do in Everhere, but I still think they are expanding things too much too fast. Now we have a battle between Titans and gods (or gods and gods) we have the corporations and the overwatchers who somehow are also junior gods. And I'm not even talking about the mess of multiple split realities (I actually like that quite a bit:)).

It's just that…I don't know. It's somehow MC has lost its innocence. It's become too big and complex. You can't relax and go “wow, an angry ghost attacked them. What do we do now?” It’s more X is part of organization Y who is also with Z fighting with W for A.

Just my daily grumbling. On the other hand the series seems to be more popular than ever before, so what do I know?

MixaMax

@MixaMax: yes, it's true that it's very different from what it was, but then again, you didn't like the original either. (The Griffin version is funny, though not something I'd read more than once. :)) I personally like it. It's like the whole series has matured along with the characters. You’re right, though. We’ll probably never have a return of the innocent days of Chronicles. Everhere looks like the start of a major war between the powers that be, Chosen is an exploration mystery (although with it I'm no longer sure), and who knows what's next? There might be other spinoffs to come.

LyraHands

@MixaMax: Maybe I'm the intended target audience (or close, in any event), but I absolutely love it. I feel like part of something bigger, like finally I get to peek behind the curtain and find out what's going on.

My concern, though, is that this seems far too close to a conclusion. Well, I don't mean that the series will end tomorrow, but it's the start of the end. We have our sides, we have everything explained. I expect in the next chapters we’ll see each/mist of the characters achieve their goals (or set out on their own series) finally calumniating with a massive war and a final resolution of the series.

I know nopony will confirm, but I don't see this going on for more than 3-4 volumes. After that we'll just have the site. Kinda sad when you think about it :(

RRBB

@RRBB: Umm, that would still mean that we had enjoyed it for a while. Even now we’re approaching half a decade of MC. I think a good conclusion would be nice, especially if it brings the start to a new beginning.

Candle

@Candle: please not MC children. That would be so forced. :/

RRBB

You know what I find interesting. The number of deities involved. If we go by the classical interpretations of the myth there are supposed to be 12 deities in the human world. We have already seen three. It's possible that three more will appear in Chosen. That means that it's likely there are two more series based on other characters!

Thinking logically, Danny and Omni are part of MC proper, so we can count him out. Bellucio, Molly, and I suspect Euryala are part of Chosen. That leaves Blazen, Megan, Eric, and Karl, which could well have their own set of books. I personally think we'll see a Megan-Blazen series and a Karl-Eric series. The former will be strongly linked to magic and mysticism and the latter to flora and fauna. :)

As for the fears. I think the series is very different from everything else out there. It's not Daring Do, which I love and adore, but is pretty straight forward. Here we have a whole set of characters changing and growing. Who knows what might happen? And it's not obligatory that the next iteration in involves their children. It might be someone New entirely, especially if the final battles ends up destroying the gods (in one way or another).

TrueSparkle

@TrueSparkle: corn, you sound like a nerd! :P

Whatever appears I'll definitely read it, and I'm sure many if the Nightlings would do the same. We're just about to have our first convention ever in a month! A bit soon to start thinking doom and gloom, isn't it?

LightSparkle

Eric x Karl?!? I need that in my life! :D

Seriously, I need that so much. @Luna, can you do something about it? Please? :D

PrinceEric

Everypony! PaintDrop was just taken away by a unicorns in white (doctors from what I can tell). I just watched it happen outside of school! They put her on an air carriage and went off. Does anypony know what's going on? I'm really scared. :(((

SweetStuff

@SweetStuff: PaintDrop is having some serious health issues. She's being taken to Canterlot for some tests. I know it must have seemed scary, but it's all normal. Her parents are already on their way to be with her.

Try not to worry.

DarkSparkle

Okay… I still do, though.

SweetStuff

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next