• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Second Reading 4

I am writing this because Twilight literally pushed a aethetech in my face and wouldn't stop making puppy eyes until I did.

I think this is dumb :/ Not the Midnight Castle stories, they are kinda cool, but they are no Power Ponies. Getting my to write on this site is dumb! Like why would anypony want me to write here? The stories doesn't even have dogs or dragons.

So yeah. I wrote something. It's stupid. Now I can get back to making fries.

P.S. I asked about the gems because I found it amusing how many magical items are made of food (dragon here, right?).

EverSpike

He speaks! Quick, @all: make EverSpike famous!

I for one like you a lot, Spike :) Come visit a bit more often, okay? Things aren't the same since you moved to Ponyville.

HopHop

@EverSpike: You're so sweet :) I can see you as EverSpike :))

SweetStuff

@RRBB: Ha ha. :/ Very funny. Just because I dozed off a bit doesn't invite you to come to any misguided conclusions. Also, you've just jealous that Pixel prefers me over you.

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: News flash, I have a Squishy to sleep on me :P Plus, Pixel doesn't prefer you, he prefers Short&Hoofy (ear chewing for the win :) He's only done that once to me. Then again I can't blame him for having great taste. (I may or may not have chewed Short&Hoofy’s ears as well O:))

RRBB

Spike… that was so cute :)

Going back to the Chosen, I so loved this! Who is up to have a repeat of ent reading once we've done discussing shipping and theories. (@curators, expect an influx of Molly x shipfics. :P)

@HopHop: You were amazing, by the way! Your audio spell was out of this world. No offense, True, but HopHoo could always do the best voice impersonations when's he wanted to. On that not, can you do a readings of some of the popular fics? Things aren't looking too great for me financially right now and I don't want to overburden Bob, but I will find a way to pay you, if you set to do that.

LyraHands

@HopHop: to cut to the chase, just tell me your rates. I know Lyra will keep doing sad faces until she gets what she wants so I’m caving in preemptively.

Bob

@EverSpike: I think the name is cool. ;)

TheRealLuna

Okay, here we are at the end of the second booklet, and I have no idea how this will continue! To be honest I had some doubts when this started. It was nice, but initially no major surprised: they follow the path, discover there are other Chosen, then find one who leads them to Poseidon’s abandoned lair (?). At first I thought it would be a typical adventure, now I’m really liking the way things are going.

So. We continue directly from last time with the chosen (who is literally called Scars) demanding to see Poseidon. Once again a new name is dropped (Seagarden) and there's a hint about inns going on in the world in general. We learn that the corporations are indeed global (though not all are present in every town/location), just as the deities (including the major three) have “temples” elsewhere as well. There's a lot of sharing of stories, indicating that the other Chosen have gone through experiences similar to Bellucio and the grand9, while at the same time they still explore the island trying to escape.

During the chapter there are a lot of accusations: Scars accusing the others of being petty and not using their real names, Scriber is accused of lying to everyone (since he's the only one who spends most his time with one to one talks), Bellucio is accused of being a traitor, since he knows so little about Poseidon and the rites of the chosen. The Midwest surprise (and one of the major revelations) is that there's a huge split between the followers of the gods (not at all touched upon in the MC series). Molly is attacked when it's revealed her brother is a Chosen of Zeus. It's only thanks to Bellucio that there's no actual fight.

This is really a central issue. We’ve always been told that the gods are brothers and stick together, but here suddenly we are told this isn't the case. Apparently, there are 12 major deities (what happened with the other 9?!?) which don't like each other at all. And that's not even counting the Everprince, who is something completely separate.

So, distrust reaches a new high with even Molly having doubts about Bellucio, even if she says she loves him (checkmate, shippers!). However, everyone agrees that they must try “the ritual” again with seven male chosen. They do, and this time the orb of water reacts: it grows in size, freezes over then shatters revealing a girl in “shimmering armor”. Then we have the most cliffhanger of cliffhanger, with the girl saying:

“I’m Kalypso, granddaughter of Poseidon.”

I can say only one things. Whut?!? :) Seriously, Poseidon has children? I didn't think he's the type of god who would get tied down.

PrinceEric

@LyraHands, @Bob: I'll gladly do it for free, just don't expect too much :) I have to work, you know :)

Do you think they'll ever make a play based on MC? I've seen a few Daring Do performances and they were well made (even if not my thing. I was trying to impress my date :P) I'd watch some MC universe plays, though :)

HooHop

@LyraHands: Joy… because I don't have enough badly written self insert ships in my life :/ I think you might need to make a separate section for Chosen, by the way. It started the same, but seems way different now. Also, it's such ship bait. I can imagine the amount of M-M fics about the Chosen, not to mention the F-M or even F-F stuff…

LightSparkle

I'm so editing a Molly x Kalypso fic!

RRBB

@RRBB: Don't you mean write one?

PaintDrop

@PaintDrop: she's pressuring Short&Hoofy to write it, and knowing Short&Hoofy I expect it to appear in a few days time.

@RRBB: You better treat her like a princess and shower her with gifts every day after all the things she does. Never ever take her for granted, do you understand?

Meanwhile, I might have been dumped again. :/ The really bad thing where I live at the moment that no one ever tells you these things, I have to go out there and ask. Sometimes I learn that “we” have broken up weeks ago. It drives me crazy! It is what it is, I guess.

LightSparkle

That went ominously dark… :( Hope it's not the case. PM me if you need to.

LyraHands

Okay, second reading, anypony? We'll be starting in 5 so be here.

DarkSparkle

I have locked the thread.

The TechNightling

Author's Note:

And here's a list of all active members with ID or speculation :)
Member List

Courtesy of NeonGreenTiger

PreviousChapters Next