• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Euryala

Hey! I went through volumes 5, 6, 7, searching for facts about Euryala. Here's what I found so far:

-female
-always seen near Bellucio
-appears in 3 stories (still waiting on the first Mistmount volumes) always with a different description
-can see behind her (she dodges the stray batball Danny hit, saw Molly sneaking into the house, and also covered for Bellucio by distracting his parents)
-loves storms
-might be the user "Eury" on the occult site Blazen keeps visiting

I'm so hyped by this new development! A lot of ponies at school been discussing it like crazy! Especially with the Wonderbolts announcing the new series!

@CEOWitch: can you say which Wonderbolt Euryala is modeled after?

PrinceEric

@PrinceEric: ...yay :/ As far as I can remember there are a few more instances in vol 4. She's pretty much a late character, appearing when we got to see Bellucio's home for the first time. The only other case was that horrible scene in which Molly was swooning over him (The Hidden Doorway).

I'll check after work to see if I can find out more.... if I can be bothered.

MixaMax

@PrinceEric: CEOWitch is preparing for the Wonderbolt show. We had a few PMs and she told me she might not be in touch till then. She did tell me two things about Euryala, though:

She's not exactly human.
The Wonderbolt she's modeled after is really cool. (I think it's Spitfire)

PaintDrop and Brush won't be here for a while either. I'll be hanging out with them today. (After what happened with the storm both of them want some time to take it easy.)

@MixaMax: I can't believe your sis came all this way yesterday. Nuzzles for that. You okay if I snatch her to tag along with us?

RRBB

RRBB: Why ask me? If she's cool she's cool. Not like I can influence her :)

A big hello to the band! Go crazy, girls!

MixaMax

I'm not sure this is relevant, but a friend mentioned that she's working on jewelry design for a new colt series. That's an unusual order, so we got into chatting. She mentioned it was a type of snake bracelet.

I think it's Euryala's. Megan already has her rainbow necklace and Molly is too young.

Candle

Let me shed some light on the matter.

Euryala isn't human, but has humanoid form.
She does have native and acquired magic powers.
She isn't modeled after Spitfire (although Spitfire is consulting on the new series).
The bracelet Candle mentioned is related her, but doesn't belong to her.
Blueblood is secretly reading this forum. :P
One of the things I've said isn't true.

Back to Euryala, I know she was planned to make an appearance in volume 5, but things got constantly pushed back, so please don't keep on saying she's a new character. Also, the good thing about nine characters is that they represent exactly 3 groups of 3. Why is that so important? You'll have to wait a few weeks to find out :)

Luna

Speculation — me favourite part :) I've been going over the aethernet for the last two days, and I think I might have found something about Euryala. It's from an interview from the early MC books, where it was hinted of three princesses on extraordinary power that fell in a battle against the deities.

How cool is that? We might have our first official princess in MC. :D

DannyFan

@DannyFan: Hello, and welcome! Sorry for not greeting you earlier.

You'll really make me read the original series, won't you? :/ I so hope you are wrong about the princess thing. It was hard enough suffering through Princess Molly (even if that was one of the future-maybe-to-be stories).

I no longer know what to think! This is getting worse by the day. We have a new female character, who is a princess, knows magic, part of this Warlock squadron, and related to the deities? What's next? She's Danny's lover? :/ I know I should get upset by this, but what the bucking hay?!? I've seen better self inserts! The only thing that gives me some hope is the three groups comment. It was getting difficult to follow things with ten characters running around. Three plus three villains and/or support characters is quite manageable.

@RRBB: tell sis I said hiiii! :)

MixaMax

@MixaMax: done. She said she'll have words with you once she gets home. (Ooooh, somepony's in trouble :))

Well, it happened: an event that made PaintDrop lose her shit. You know how she was supposed to come to hang with me and Brush? Well, her brother showed up. Not only that, but he gave her a set of first edition Midnight Castle (signed by S.Child and everything!).

We all went WOAH! And Brush... I've never seen anypony drool as much in real life (and not only because of the books.) She'll probably tear my tail off when she reads this, but it's so worth it :)))

Anyway, PaintBro came up with the theory that Euryala might be Titanspawn. He said there are several creatures that can change shape in the original series, so might be that.

RRBB

@RRBB: ...and now we have changelings in the series. :/ Sure, why not? Divine changeling princess with divine powers and corporate connections. Nope, nothing wrong here.

I just decided I'll be writing a fic! It'll be about Euryala's long lost brother. No! Sister! Her twin sister with an even darker and more mysterious past, who will date all the gr8 at the same time!

MixaMax

@MixaMax: as disturbing as this is I so want to read it now. Please do it! I'll even edit for you!

CodeFilly

If it's safe for work, I'll be curious to see it as well. Just be sure to tag it properly.

I have my theories on Euryala, but will keep them to myself for now. Unlike MixaMax, I think she'll be a great character. Keep in mind there's nothing wrong in adding female characters as long as they are done well. So far I think S.Child is an extremely good writer and feel they can pull it off superbly.

The TechNightling

Don't you think I won't! And I'll get both of you to edit it! Then when you cry yourself to sleep at night wondering what has become of your life I'll be here laughing!

MixaMax

@MixaMax: like you're one to talk :P

Luna

Author's Note:

Reached day 20! Woohoo!

Here's LyraHands' AMA to mark the occasion.

Will also try to colourtag a few chapters tonight. :)

Thank you, all! :)

PreviousChapters Next