• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,953 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,953

PreviousChapters Next
Memories

Today marks the fifth year I got into MC fanfics and mare I sure feel old. :(

When I first started writing I didn’t have my cutie mark. I was secretly fascinated in Midnight Castle (guess now I know why :P). Just kidding. Despite all the jokes the storytelling has always been great, and the writing is top tier as well. Yes, it isn’t anywhere near the literary classics (although I’m sure that Jade and LightSparkle could manage that if they try) but it’s extremely good writing! I happened to talk to A.K. At one point... long story, and she agreed that for a huge part the writing in MC is really good. (She also said Squishy has still a thing or two to learn, which I reluctantly accepted.)

Point is I started writing very early under another name (don’t bother, all my terrible stories were removed from the aethernet) and gradually got to join one of the generic fanfiction sites, where Brush and Lyra found me. Lyra used to write once, but... @LyraHands, I love you, but writing is not your strong suit :P

Now, all this time later, I’m an editor site curator, have my own business (officially registered a few days ago) and am about to be in charge of creating dreamscrolls or MC and original fiction (in the near future). It’s like time passed in the blink of the eye. I’m happy how things turned out, but also somewhat sad how quick it all went by.

Guess getting mushy is what being an adult is all about. :P

RRBB

Well I joined less than a year ago, when somepony managed to convince me this site wasn’t a total waste of time. :P

Starts, I was so reluctant at the time. I thought it would be really cringe. Now I’m glad I’m here. I never expected that arts will be my calling. (I’m still mostly drawing, but am slowly returning to sculpting, and making silverware.)

Happy 5 year’s, @RRBB, you beautiful *yay* :)

PaintDrop

@RRBB: I started way earlier :)

Funny thing is that I started when because I used to read to my baby brother so he could fall asleep. (He was a scaredy cat.) With time he became “too cool” for coltfiction, but I had fallen in love with the stories of adventure... maybe because I didn’t get to experience much of it myself.

I remember when you started writing. Not your early things, but you still were very good... well, at least what I read. :) A pity you stopped writing, but you’re a great editor :)

I wonder what avid things you’ll tell us for your 10 year anniversary :)

P.S. you’ve been doing a lot of these posts lately... should we be worried?

Brush

Buck you, Brush! Everything I do is magnificent and you know it! :P

The way things are going the less likely it is I’ll ever write. The only reason I’m not announcing it definitively is because I still love my Danny Saga... *rip*

And yeah, I’ve been getting pensive lately (the therapist has me on a new regiment of pills and spells :/)

RRBB

@RRBB: you might be old, but you still look cute :P

Just messing with you :) Seriously, remember how you but my wing ten months ago? Mare I hated you so much back then. Whatever the therapist has you on it’s working!

Nah, you’re really cool, and at this point I can say (without getting Short&Hoofy jealous, I hope), you’re really a cool friend.

YouKnowWho

@YouKnowWho: I had a crush on you too at one point. And I’ll agree with RRBB that’s it’s a waste of fine wings :P

Short&Hoofy

I remember when I met LyraHands in the bookshop when we were fillies and introduced her to MC Volume 2, I think.

Funny how at the time I found her weird. It was years later I got back to Midnight Castle, mostly thanks to her. Now she can pretty much take over Equestria! (actually no, but she’s one of the most famous ponies there are and all thanks to what she’s done, and does, in her spare time).

It will be interesting to see where we’ll be in 10 years, when a new iteration of MC hits the shops. Maybe we’ll all be like Max at that point :P

CodeFilly

@Short&Hoofy: o.O

YouKnowWho

@RRBB: congrats! You made LyraHands cry :/

She’s extremely emotional now and when I read your post she burst into tears. She’s fine, but emotionally, she’s a bit of a wreck (mostly for biological reasons). She also wanted me to thank you publicly for making her your best mare.

Bob

@CodeFilly: Can you Imagine if we discover a portal to earth in 5 years and in 10 there are humans living here AND be part of the MC community? I hope that day comes! It would be so cool to hang out with humans and really weird what type of fiction they’d write. Maybe it will be really weird and insane and none of us would be able to understand it?

PrinceEric

@Bob: you tell that jerk she’s very welcome :)

RRBB

@PrinceEric: I beg to differ. There’s nothing I cannot understand when it comes to writing high quality stories, full of drama, fascination, and mystery!

Besides, I’d look magnificent as a human!

Simile

Ponies and humans living together in mutual harmony... Nah, I don't see it. Maybe a few hippies on both sides will be okay with the idea, but I have doubts about the rest.

I know Lyra will probably kidnap a few humans for herself. :P

@RRBB: happy 5 year Nightlingversary. :) I’ll bring you a cap as a gift.

LightSparkle

@LightSparkle: thanks, boss :)

And now you created the image of hippie humans trotting about Equestria, being all “cool and groovy”. Argh! @Short&Hoofy, please write this for me? I just must read it!

RRBB

Maybe in 5 more years we’ll learn who S.Child is?

TrueSparkle

Have you any idea what you’ve done?! You’ve doomed us all!

EverSpike

I know who it is. ;)

DaBoss

PreviousChapters Next