• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 7,951 Views, 3,786 Comments

Equestrian Fanfiction - Lise



The life and times of Lyra's fanfiction site.

  • ...
25
 3,786
 7,951

PreviousChapters Next
Books and Gossip

Yes! Party for everypony! Well, it won't be a surprise, but it'll be a Welcome to Ponyville party! I spent all night making a cake that looked like a human. Err… I might have gotten a bit overboard. @DarkSparkle can you teleported to Jade’s place at 5? O:)

It will be so much fun! :))

Edit: oooh! A double party!

Edit: ooooh! A triple party! I'll have to bring 200 candles!

PPI

I've been going over the Mistmount Chronicles. There have been instances of gods appearing. So far I've only been able to spot a single female god being mentioned. I'm just starting, though. It's interesting that “the corporation” name several of their weapons / devices and theories on deities. Here's a list of what I've found so far.

The Hera Principle
The Pandora Paradox (no idea what Pandora is)
The Hephaestus Reactor
The Zeus Ray
The Morpheus Chamber
The Hercules Dagger (maybe this is foreshadowing what Hercules will be like? I'm so curious about this. Hercules sounds like a hunk even if he’s also sort of a *yay*.)
The Morpheus State

What do you all think?

PrinceEric

Personally, I find it amusing what amount of detail is put into the stories without us even noticing. To be honest, I never considered that the name drops are actually linked to anything, but rather are just a device to make the stories appeal to the target audience. (Why have the Dagger, when you can have the Hercules Dagger?)

I’m delighted to say that this effort to detail has increased my already high appreciation of MC.

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that the series seems to grow with the audience. When I was a colt these were the typical childish adventure stories I'd like to read (I'd go as fast as to say that as to say I wish the book had been around when my parents used to read to me before going to bed.) Mistmount Chronicles, although not my thing, are more suited to near cutie mark age, while Everhere is clearly on the verge of young adulthood (even if it's still technically targeted at a pre cutie mark audience), and the Chosen are for older ponies still.

@PrinceEric: outstanding job as always. Keep it up!

The TechNightling

Well if nopony will say it, I will!

@Brush, finally? I could see that a mile away, but with CEO always giving me the hush sign, I didn't dare say a thing.

Expect the press to run with the story. I know how things work and can tell you that’s a kinda big deal. Who am I kidding? It's a huge deal! :D I never ever thought you two could become a thing. I mean you're like total opposites!

In other news, I tried writing some DDD today, but couldn't. Guess I'll need some time. Thanks for the talk, @Jade. I really needed that. Friends?

AwesomePony

@AwesomePony: you're troublesome, impulsive, and jumps to conclusions any chance you get. Of course we're friends. I've told you I like you as a pony, so you don't have to start avoiding me. Especially since I've moved to Ponyville now.

@PrinceEric: That's what’s called good writing. Regardless of the subject matter, sprinkling the prose with a few details that are linked to real events is fundamental in making a story liked. As we just saw the references might be completely ignored for years, but once they are made everypony experiences a genuine wow moment.

If you've noticed that's also the reason why some of the popular fan stories are liked, including DDD. I still say the writing is horrible (no offense, @Twist, you've taken on an impossible task) but I can't stop reading it.

Just imagine all the things in MC that we haven't yet noticed.

Jade

My two favorite things in the world: gossip and discussing books! :)

As you might have guessed I'm back to being a fully functioning pony. :) (Everypony in the hospital was totally reading this site. Yes, I mean you too, Redheart! Don't even try to pretend that you don't!)

@Brush: Why don't I know about this? :/ I must see you two together sometime to believe it! (What I'm saying is “When do I get to see you two?”)

About the deities, oh mare… @DaBoss, clearly you only read the things in the general section. There are a vast number of scrolls that go into much greater detail. Granted you only had one night and I do tend to keep my more fragile scrolls locked away, so I guess it's fine.

There are quite a few arguments who represent the 12 human deities (sometimes referred to as “the glorious heroes”) Scholars have been arguing over that one for quite some time. The version you read are the most popularly accepted 12 with a few of the minor ones mentioned, though in no great detail.

@Jade: (Welcome to Ponyville, by the way. I expect that dope Max is floating as crazy right now :P) You might be correct about the Sombra angle. There is serious speculation that the humans are in fact aspects do ponies that have slowly been transformed to explain what was seen as unexplainable at the time. Another interesting theory is that humans came from the initial description of a Minotaur (please don't start with the taur jokes!).

DarkSparkle

It's incredible how many ponies have gotten together thanks to the site. Although, beware fake dating sites that claimed to be linked to EqF. I've already told Luna about it, but if you're using one, don't.

@CEOWitch: I should congratulate you, sir :)

Sgt Pepper

@DarkSparkle: That's interesting. I'll have to do some more research on the topic.

And MixaMax is glaring at me right now making grumbling noises aimed at you. I can't exactly make out what she's saying, but I'm sure it's very critical.

Jade

@Brush, @CEOWitch: all the hugs :) See you at Jade’s surprise party :) I won't stay too late this time (I'm starting to need my sleep.)

I can say that you girls make my day! So glad I know you :)))

PPI: you're scary sometimes. You know that? ;) Bring my favorite, okay? Actually, bring one of your surprise mystery cakes! I feel like trying different food right now.

LyraHands

@Brush: I'm so happy for you! You deserve to find joy :)

Take care

MasterOfThisAstra

@Brush: your bunny got lost again…

TrueSparkle

Author's Note:

Link to the EqF discord: https://discord.gg/NmQgcn

Q & A will start in slightly over 25 hours from this chapter :D

PreviousChapters Next