• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters
Subject 336: The True End Of The End

And after that day? Well, things started to turn more and more for the better. My crewmates and I all continued to work together--even closer than we had ever done before. Seeing Cozy Glow work towards a psychiatric major pushed me further to work just as hard so that her life would be as fulfilling as possible right alongside Cheerilee and myself.

But let’s go in order to make sure things were organized, yeah? About four years have passed.

So to start, Neon would make a lot more connections--batponies and regular ponies among others. To the point where he was able to heavily bolster the Batling business and start to offer prosthetics to more individuals all over the globe--not just ponies. It worked out so well that he apparently managed to find himself a partner to settle down with. Things had finally started to work out for him as he had overcome his past traumas. I was so proud.

Flash Drive focused more on keeping relations between the zebras and the rest of the world civil. It wasn’t completely over, as there were still many conflicts to deal with on the other side of the globe, especially with the Saddle Arabian region, but that was a story for another time. What was nice to hear though, was the fact that he and Zecora had become full-time partners. Whether or not this was romantic, I wasn’t sure. But I could bet that a smooth-talker such as himself could manage to weave through Zecora’s sharp tongue.

Guttersnipe had reconnected with her friends over the years, and spent more time with them. Of course, she never neglected her work, and continued to show off the fact that she, like Neon, could prove that ponies with augmented body parts could still be sources of inspiration for those who had endured something similar. I heard her name a whole lot more in the paper, though I was never certain if she settled down with one of those friends of hers.

Among my close friend group, we continued to stay in contact throughout the years also.

Quick Draw in particular would eventually rise to the position of district attorney to represent court cases for the region of central Equestria. Her aim was to be able to stand up for those who couldn’t stand up for themselves. It was a very bold endeavor that would require a lot of tenacity. Something I respected and hoped she could find joy in. That mare always seemed ready to help others even when it was difficult for her.

Incidentally, Corkscrew was promoted to be second-in-command of our post, right behind me. In the years that followed, I saw him mature into a more stalwart, and focused stallion that never lost sight of his objective. Of course, he was still Cork. Whenever we had time off of work, we would always spend time talking about his favorite comic books--however, what surprised me was the fact that he actually started to write some of his own in his spare time. I couldn’t wait to see the final products.

The rest of the agency was well-off also. Vinyl still continued to protect and serve from the shadows. Flim and Flam were actually on the up-and-up, much to my own surprise. Hex had mentioned the fact that he was retiring, which I was in favor of. Working this job for this long and having a wife you needed to be with would likely send anyone for a loop.

As for everyone else, I still kept close tabs on them.

Sunset Shimmer and the Sirens were still fine in their own world last I checked. Which was good--I still cared about them even if they were in another dimension. Apparently they must have cared about me too--I still have the ‘Best Dad Ever’ shirts they made for me shortly after my wedding a few years ago. Needless to say, they were certainly invited to visit whenever they had the chance.

Lightning Dust eventually found her way towards a better job, and after attending her own therapy sessions, found herself in a better mental state than before. She now had a support system that consisted of loving friends who treated her like family. Scootaloo was chief of such.

Babs routinely visited as she always did for the sake of her cousin. Though she would also use some of her spare time to visit me and see how I was doing. And through those visits, I found out that she expanded her hair salon to the point of owning an entire storefront dedicated to the shampoos and other products she sold. It was amazing to say the least. We both talked about each other’s progress and bonded over the time we spent together.

The Cake Twins finally got their lives together. Pinkie found time to hire more individuals to assist with the workload at Sugarcube Corner. I had no idea when she intended to retire, but it didn’t seem as if she intended to stop anytime soon. Anyhow, because of this, Pumpkin Cake was finally able to pursue the life she wanted and study magic at the magic school in Canterlot. It was a relief to hear that she was no longer bogged down by something she had no control over.

For Pound Cake, he and Flurry Heart got closer and closer over the years. He wasn’t ready to move to the Empire to live with her yet, though. Which was understandable given how young they both were. Despite this, she would visit often, and it wouldn’t be hard to spot the two walking around Ponyville together. That aside, he was generally a happier pegasus also, and was able to pursue his passion as a cloud sculptor.

Flurry Heart specifically had also stopped by more often for the sake of Cozy. When she came by, she would always spend time to see her after Pound Cake. I appreciated it to be honest. Someone as busy as herself normally wouldn’t be able to take time to spend with others, so it was something I was happy for.

Speaking of which, Cozy Glow. After four years of schooling on various matters of mental and physical well-being, she had graduated at the top of her class and gotten a degree in mental science. Last I checked, she had actually gotten a job working with Raven Inkwell as a full-time psychiatric professional. Specifically geared towards helping children and young teens, she’s already making a name for herself with a flawless record of cases that she’s assisted with so far. I absolutely cannot wait to see her get better over time.

Miranda Rights managed to find a place and moved in right next door to me. It was awesome to see her be able to retire in peace without much interference. She’s worked so hard to keep corruption from reaching the people on the streets of Equestria’s cities. But she knew that her time was up. There wasn’t much left that she could do without pulling a muscle--but don’t tell her I said that. She’s gotten older and does need someone by her side to keep her sane. Naturally, I decided to do just that for her so that we could make up for lost time and still be a family. She absolutely adored Cheerilee and Cozy, so it was easy to make things click into place.

And myself.

What is there to say, really? My life was essentially perfect. However, the world doesn’t stop turning. And with that, it also doesn’t stop having cases that need to be solved. I work hard to keep my home safe. Equestria, while in a much better place than it was a few years ago, was still in need of a few repairs. Repairs that only my team and I could fix. It would be a long, hard road, but we’d all would find some way to manage through all of it. For we have the chops needed to change this entire world. A world that is slowly becoming painted with the blood, sweat, and tears of our efforts. For we are--!

“...Hun? Are you home? Don’t tell me you’re busy talking into that tape recorder again!”

...Guess I need to cut this short.

“Uh, no I--” I try to hide the device, but to no avail. Cheerilee comes strolling into my bedroom while shaking her head.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk--someone needs to learn how to take a break,” she beckons me away from my desk, “Now come, Pale. I need your help with some heavy items in my house. And I do mean heavy.”

The eyes she makes at me. She’s as subtle as a ton of bricks on a stagecoach. “Yeah, yeah, I’m coming.”

This case was closed.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 9 )

Oh finally, I can read it now

Whoa. Nice epilogue. Dude, let me start by saying that I love this story. Reading it has touched my heart in ways none could imagine. This is how the show should have ended and you created a golden ending that benefits everyone. Minus the villains, of course, but still. Honestly, I cannot be happier to read such a great masterpiece. Well done, sir. Hopefully, a continuation of this story is in order. Again, thank you for this grand masterpiece.

10929287
You're welcome! Don't worry, I fully intend on continuing this with a focus on Cozy in the future!

11173863
To each their own. I do feel IMO Rarity would want a more fun person in her mundane life. Or at least she shouldn't be a lonely lady after many failed attempts at chasing a stallion.

11173991
Trust me, he can be fun when he's not on the job.

And I agree, that's why I kept him in the story.

11317647
Uhhh... My comment is so old that... umm, what's this story again? :rainbowlaugh:

Oh well, and yeah I know what you mean. My friends dragged me into a military game last year... I now have more time on that game than them at over 1000+... As you can imagine, in that time they, as military history nuts have given me thorough military history and nato reporting names.

In the cover art, why doesn't Pale Vestige have a mouth?

11326721
He does though? Zoom in on it. XD

Dude, did you publish a chapter a day??!

Login or register to comment