• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 286: True Insanity

“You really don’t get it do you?” I said, “Typical of an immortal being. You only begin to care about an issue when it affects you directly. You think you’re so high and mighty as to cast judgement upon everyone else. Well let’s see how you enjoy it.”

“...No...wait a moment, this isn’t--!”

Cozy cupped a hoof beneath Grogar’s chin. It was like a twisted version of a goddess that sought to comfort her subject. But instead, it was a tormented soul who wanted to show another being just what he had inflicted upon others.

“Oh no,” she interrupted the ram, “I insist. It’s only fair that you get to experience it as well, right? After all, the position of new ruler of Equestria shouldn’t go to someone who enforces hypocrisy. Don’t you agree?”

She glanced at me, to which I nodded. This was the only way we were going to get through that ram’s thick skull. Killing him immediately may have solved the problem, but it wasn’t a solution. Was this an attempt at redemption? Not really. I had no intention of trying to sway Grogar to our side. This was all in the name of justice.

“...Do your worst,” Grogar spat back, “I have nothing to hide, so you cannot fool nor manipulate me.”

Cozy tilted her head. “Manipulate? Oh no...that’s not my intent at all. Instead, you’re going to experience something much more...cynical.”

In a flash of magic, we were transported to what looked like that very same scene from Grogar’s memory well over a thousand years ago. Back when Equestria had just gotten its start.

I turned my head, and realized that the ram was no longer beside us. So I looked up at Cozy for an answer. “Uh, kiddo? Where did he go?”

The pegasus mare flew into the air, and took off ahead of me with an excited grin on her face. “Oh, you’ll see, pops...this is about to be riveting!”

This was beyond unsettling, but I had no choice but to follow. I wonder why and how she thought it was a good idea to bring us back here.

Well, once we arrived on the scene, I quickly understood why.

Cozy led me to an illusion that she had trapped Grogar within. In the illusion, Grogar had actually managed to defeat Gusty. Not only that, but he also took control of the entire region that would eventually become Equestria. I started to understand what had happened: Cozy essentially reversed the situation onto him. Smart. But what I wondered was just how this was going to play out.

“Uh, kiddo? What’s about to--”

“Shhh…” Cozy urged me to keep quiet as we watched the events play out.

And so we did.

Grogar initially adored being able to do as he pleased with his newfound leadership. With no one to stand in his way, he was able to do everything he wanted. It seemed like he was able to enjoy himself, right?

Well, as time went on, things only got more and more difficult. With nothing left to conquer or stand in his way, Grogar slowly drove himself mad. Even as he spread his influence to the other dimensions, nothing would excite him anymore. If I had to venture a guess, it would have to do with the fact that his entire existence revolved so heavily around the idea of rebellion and taking back what he thought belonged to him, that he was unable to see anything past that.

As a result, Grogar would decide to make his own entertainment. Entertainment for the sake of spectacle.

He would erect an arena. An arena where he would watch creatures of all kinds compete against each other in battles to near-death and whoever could rise to the top would face him next. In an environment such as this, he had ultimate control over who fought each other and none would dare to oppose his rule.

Contestants included the princesses, the pillars, ponies (including Twilight and her friends), changelings, griffons, Discord, Tirek, Scorpan--the works. With this established, he had an ultimate sense of satisfaction because not only was he above everyone else, but they had no choice but to bend to his whims. Even through his manic state as he brutally fought off the champions. His smile slowly became unstable and faker as time went on, clearly unsatisfied with this also.

“So this would be Grogar’s ultimate fantasy, huh?” I mumbled to the kid, “...Crazy. But just how is this going to show him what his problem is?”

Cozy pet me on the head with her hoof. She was still fully aware of what was going to happen next. “Don’t worry pops. Realization is going to set in about--3, 2, 1…”

PreviousChapters Next