• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 247: Shock and Awesome

I saw Lightning Dust almost squeal with delight when she saw the who all had arrived on the scene. “Eee--! I mean, aha! Here they are now.” She turned her head to the paralyzed changeling queen, “You brought this on yourself the second you set hoof into this world. It’s over.” With a mock salute, she flew out of the way--back down to the ground where I was.

“Nice one, Dust!” Rainbow Dash shouted from on high, “We’ll take it from here!”

However, before it all went down, Elytra would attempt--well I had no idea what it could be. A scare tactic? A last resort? “On my name and all that is based on the power of love. I will not allow these cretins to take back what we lost!”

“Shit...are they gonna be okay?” I panicked a little, and looked at Dust for an answer.

To my surprise, the teal pegasus mare stood confidently. As if she knew everything was going to fall into place. “Don’t worry, Pale. We’ve already thought three steps ahead. You’ll see.”

The Wonderbolts flew around with an elegant amount of precision. There were at least a dozen of them which included Rainbow Dash, Soarin’, and even Spitfire?! That had to be a record of some kind. To get everyone back for a real mission was something that I never would have expected.

Their skills were unmatched. One half of them veered off to the right in order to fly in a straight line, then in circles. This generated a set of storm clouds so massive and unstable that the sun was almost completely blocked out!

The other half of the team performed a classic move. They also flew in circles but much more rapidly in order to generate a midair twister. It was so densely packed with their magical energy that any spell Elytra would attempt to fire off would be absorbed, and therefore nullified by it entirely.

“Woah, what?!” I stared up at the sky with a bemused set of eyes, “Since when could they do all of that?!”

Lightning Dust took off once more, and hovered in front of me. “It’s...a very old set of moves that had been removed from the Wonderbolt’s instruction books due to how dangerous they were. But now, they’ve been repurposed into things that can be used for actual combat. And now...you’re about to see me finish it off.”

“Wait--what are you--?!”

But before I could say anything, that pegasus mare flew off into the sky above all of the Wonderbolts. Once the magical ‘wind’ cage had been cast around Elytra, Rainbow Dash and the others started to scatter.

“It’s all yours, Dust!” Rainbow called out.

And what happened next pretty much blew my mind.

Those storm clouds from before? Yeah they actually started to power Lightning Dust up. The electrical charges were somewhat like what Cozy had done earlier, but on a much more massive, controlled scale that befitted the style of somepony who had experience flying for many years.

The sky went a bit darker until she was struck by her own lightning. With her body serving as a conductor of sorts, Dust would channel the electric current within herself in a way nopony else could: With her rage.

Feathers started to rapidly fly off her body along with patches of her coat. This move could very well kill her based on the sheer amount of energy that she poured into it. I had to do something and fast. Against my better nature, I started to panic a little, and sought out Sunset amidst the darkened town square thanks to the clouds which still kept the sun blocked.

“Sunset! Are you seeing this?!”

Unfortunately for me, my cries would go unanswered. Sunset probably couldn’t see nor hear me thanks to the density of the storm that was kicked up from all of this. Fortunately however, my concerns would be shattered in the next nanosecond.

SHHOOOOOO…..BOOM!

In what could only be best described as a variation of the Sonic Rainboom, Lightning Dust essentially blitzed Elytra to dispose of her entirely. She flew downwards so fast and with so much force that the resounding shockwave caused all of the nearby buildings to shake in place. My eardrums were rattled--almost pierced by the severity of the attack. And in the end, she landed on the ground--not even a few yards away from me. Bits of electricity tinged her body she lied there--lifeless with no sign of movement.

I looked up at the sky as the clouds cleared. Elytra was gone. Reduced to nothing but atoms at this point. And frankly, she deserved it. After all this time, she was nothing more than a failed attempt to rob Equestria of its love. She was never meant to exist in the first place, as the pool that created the changelings

But perhaps most importantly of all, I was proud of what Dust had managed to accomplish. However, I wasn’t sure the condition of her body so I hesitated to approach her.

Then, Rainbow Dash and a few of her fellow Wonderbolts hovered down, and landed next to the teal pegasus’ limp body. She simply nodded at a pair of her squadmates. One of which who put Dust on their back to carry her away. Likely for immediate medical attention.

“We’ll take the rest of this area from here,” Dash stated, “You guys can keep going. On our way over here, I think I saw some sort of corrupted, undead unicorn that Cozy was headed towards.”

Every alarm bell went off in my head, and I instantly jumped in front of her for more information. “Are you serious?? Are you absolutely positive? Which way did they go?!”

“North--towards her home. If you’re fast, you can still catch up to them.”

With that in mind, I addressed Sunset once more. By now, things had cleared up enough to where she could actually hear me. “Sunset. I need to keep going.”

“It’s alright, Pale,” she replied with a sense of compassion and understanding, “I know where your loyalty lies. And for me? That lies in the same place that I grew up.” Her horn lit up, and she took a look at Sci-Twi and the Sirens, “C’mon girls. We need to get going to Canterlot.”

PreviousChapters Next