• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 308: Talking Things Out

Yikes. There would be way too much for me to go over. We’d be here all day and I don’t think she’d want to see me break down over my past in such a way. So I gave her a rather abridged version of what happened throughout my life and how I ended up where I was now…

Needless to say, Rights was upset at how I was treated as a child, but pleased at where I had ended up.

“Damn...that’s quite the crazy case. I honestly have no idea how to respond to that…”

I tried to sway her away from feeling sorry for me. “You...don’t have to worry. It’s all in the past now, right?”

But that didn’t work at all. After a moment or two, Rights got up and put her hooves around me to give me a tight hug. “Yes. While it is true that the past is...in the past--we can’t turn a blind eye to how we got tio where we are now. I’m proud of you--and Pale especially. He’s proven that he can break free of the cycle that his parents had fallen into. And went on to eventually break that cycle himself with you.”

“...Me?” I asked.

Rights let go, and pulled back. “Indeed. That’s why you’re so special to him. You’re...amazing, really. There’s not much else to say besides the fact that I want you to always strive to improve. No matter what happens, stay on your track and don’t let some bigwig at the top tell you what you can and can’t do.” She broke eye contact with me, and looked down at the floor. “...Because of my cowardice, I couldn’t be there for Pale like I wanted. So don’t end up like me, okay?”

Wait a minute. Was all of that build-up specifically for the sole purpose of lecturing me into making sure I don’t make the same mistakes?

Because if so, golly. She really played the conversation to her advantage. There was no way I’d ignore advice from someone so wise.

“Oh...I see now,” I replied with a smile and a nod, “Don’t worry. I’ll make sure to learn from the past in order to make a better future for everyone. Not just myself.”

“That’s good to hear,” Rights let out a sigh in response, “Now we need to focus on working out their wedding gifts…”

“Ooh! I have the perfect idea!”


Once Cheerilee and I had finally picked out what we intended to war for our wedding day, we left the Boutique together with our outfits neatly packed away in boxes that we carried on our respective backs--tied down with rope to keep them safe.

“Ah...I don’t know if I said this enough,” Cheerilee spoke to me as we walked, “But I genuinely feel that you are the best thing to enter my life, Pale.”

I almost choked up from embarrassment in response. Never had I thought that I’d be able to make such a difference in the life of someone on such a personal level. But yet, here I was.

“Aw, thanks, Cheerilee. I’m just glad that the most dangerous chapter in my life is over. Now we can spend most of the time we have for each other--”

Before I could say anything else, I noticed that Cheerilee had been looking into the sky.

“See someone, Cheery?”

“Is that Flurry Heart?” she questioned as she came to a stop.

I took a look upwards also. Sure enough, the alicorn in question was up there. Though now, she actually started to fly down to greet us.

“...Pale? Ms. Cheerilee--oops. It’s gonna be Mrs. soon. Anyway--how are you two?”

“Just fine,” I said, “Getting ready for our wedding.”

“Oh! Since you’re one of Cozy’s friends, you’re invited if you’d like to attend,” Cheerilee offered.

Not a bad idea, honestly. I just hoped that the guest list wouldn’t grow super large.

“Well, if you’re both sure...then I’d love to. It’ll actually be the first wedding I ever attend since I haven’t been to one before…”

The Princess of Love’s child had never experienced a wedding??

PreviousChapters Next