• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,240 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,240

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 147: Evidence From The Insect

After a moment of patience, Flash Drive finally re-appeared to negotiate with the changeling. His method of choice? A mug filled with some kind of pink liquid.

“Here, miss,” he offered it to her via levitation, “you must be tired, so here. Have a drink, and we’ll talk afterwards, yeah?”

The changeling swiped the mug, and sniffed. “Hm. I can tell that you’re not trying to drug me at least.” She started to sip from the cup, then paused. “Hey, this is pretty good. What’s in it?”

“Nothing special. Now, are you willing to tell us whatever...erm, what was it that you wanted to come talk about?”

Once Elytra finished the contents of the mug, she continued to speak in a much more...chipper tone. It was odd, to say the least. “Okay, okay. So what I wanted to come explain was some more details regarding my situation.”

“Situation?” I asked, “What are you getting at?”

The bug pony went on. “Well it’s complicated, but the gist of it is that I have nowhere else to go, but don’t intend on working with those super soft and annoying goody-goody changelings. I’d rather talk to literally anypony else.”

While I didn’t enjoy the fact that she disliked an entire group based on the way they looked and acted, now wasn’t the time for that. We needed to pry a bit further for info. “So you’re going to assist us against whoever is controlling these events and giving Mane-iac power?” I questioned again.

Her answer was a bit strange. “I wouldn’t say that I’m going to help you or anything. But we do have a common enemy as of this moment. So I may as well assist in taking them down.”

A bit risky, no? “What about once this is all over? What are you going to do then? Go back to being our enemy with almost no power? Forgive me for saying so, but that’s a bit suicidal isn’t it?”

Elytra looked at the floor. Her response was bitter and unforgiving. “I don’t need a regular pony talking to me about how I should live my life. My ultimate goal is to succeed where Chrysalis failed. And if I have to die on my way to that goal, then so be it. It’s what I choose to live for.”

Wow. Such ambition…

Honestly, I didn’t expect this at all. Hell, to an extent I kind of respected her ideals to a degree. To be so laser-focused on one’s path that you’d be willing to die for it. Well it was certainly an interesting sentiment. Did I agree with it? Not really. Maybe a younger me would’ve died for the sake of what he believed in, but now? No...I wasn’t going to throw my life away so readily. I was going to live for what I believed in.

Flash Drive brought up a good point. “So you’re going to help us even though you know it’ll only result in your downfall eventually?”

“As I said, it’s my fate,” she repeated, “That’s what I’m destined to do, so I’m going to do it. No matter who gets in my way.”

I didn’t mention it before, but Moondancer had gone silent and simply jotted down notes as we talked. Ever the observationist, it seemed.

“Is there anything else you’re aware of?” I pleaded, “Even if you don’t care about us, you should at least consider the lives of those who can’t protect themselves.”

“I can tell you what I know. The fact is that Mane-iac is just a small part of an even bigger game that this guy is trying to play. I don’t know his name. But all I know is that he wants to plunge all of Equestria into a war with the outer regions. If I were you guys, I’d either try and stop him before all of this happens, or leave the entire realm.”

And there it was. The entire motivation was based around the desire to create conflict to weed out the strong from the weak. Or rather, so that the strong may trample over the weak with little to no repercussions. A vicious cycle that the world absolutely did not need to be put through once more.

“I see…” I mulled over her words, “And just how do you know all of this?”

Elytra continued. “If you really wanna know, then your friend here will have to give me some more of that drink he made.”

Drive looked at the kitchen. “Give me about ten minutes or so. For the moment, I need to speak with Pale about the evidence that I found.”

Of course. I had nearly forgotten. Flash Drive was here to show off and explain the evidence from the crime scene he had found. This needed to be absolutely confidential, so I needed Moondancer to keep a leash on her little suspect/witness.

“Can you do me a favor and summon her back to that cube you had?” I asked the unicorn mare, “We need to discuss something privately, so I need you to wait a moment while we have our talk.”

With a flash of her horn, Moondancer zapped the changeling back into her puzzle box. “Sure, no problem. Take your time.”

“Thank you.”

We both went upstairs, and Flash Drive handed me a file.

“Alright, mate. We’ve reviewed the camera footage from the devices that were installed in Cozy’s home. You might be surprised at what we found…”

I looked over the files. Pictures were taken from the cameras, but they all had a corrupted, grainy filter that prevented proper visuals. “Damn...no playback either?”

He shook his head. “None, bruv. But what I did find was some green hairs that line up exactly with the ones we found at the scene where Elytra was supposedly killed. And that’s not all,” he reached into his other saddlebag to procure another file.

Wait, there was more? I didn’t expect that.

“I stopped by the hospitable earlier to check on Cozy’s status for ye,” he levitated another file over to me, “Turns out, Nurse Redheart found something she didn’t notice before in the morgue.”

I opened this new file, and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. It was the same green hair! Which meant that the individual that blacked out Screwy’s file was… “Dammit all. I knew it. She’s behind all of this. But the one behind her is who I’m after at this point.”

“Indeed...we need more info from Cozy herself. If she can help us, then maybe...just maybe…”

From downstairs, Moondancer called out to us. “Hey, are you two finished? I don’t wanna wait down here all day.”

Flash Drive rolled his eyes. “Ugh, if only she was more agreeable, she’d make for a right good research partner.”

In order to lighten the mood, I tried to tease him. “Right, heh. ‘Research partner.’”

“What the--” he stammered, and glared at me, “Don’t make bloody foolish jokes. Ain’t funny, mate!”

“Yeah yeah…” I chuckled as we walked back downstairs. He was usually so focused that seeing him choke up a bit was a show in and of itself.

If only we could all communicate better...

PreviousChapters Next