• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,240 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,240

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 115: Fighting Back

“What’s your plan, my friend?” I returned the whisper since I honestly had no clue what he had planned up there in that chilly head of his.

He only flashed me a smile in return. “Follow me.” He stood on his hind legs with much more confidence than I could ever muster. It was as if he had experience fighting on two limbs as opposed to four like most ponies.

SSSSSS-CRACK!

About a dozen changelings were frozen all at once, and sent flying when he charged into them. The blue stallion moved so swiftly that he left afterimages of himself in his wake with every movement. I was flabbergasted to say the least, but I had to focus.

I did my best to stick with the earth pony stallion. Though as I had mentioned before, I was largely confused. Just how could he take control of active, ice-based magic? Active spells could only be used by unicorns while pegasus ponies and earth ponies had passive magic that allowed the former to take control of the weather, and the latter to deal with living things.

And yet here he was. He didn’t even need to see where his enemy was coming from in order to counter their attack! One changeling attempted to leap onto his hoof from behind, but at the last possible moment, his hoof was encased in a prickly ice gauntlet which released dozens of miniature dagger-like icicles into the changeling’s mouth which flung it off of him. From there, he spun to perform a sweep kick which created a small wave of frozen shards. “Pierce.” They stuck, and launched even more of the bug ponies backwards. But he wasn’t done! Then he punched the frozen construct with his hoof which created a small, chilly fog in the area which caused the group around him to slow down…

Of course! They were unable to cope with the extreme cold due to being insect-like!

BAM! FWOOSH! POW!

With swift precision, the blue earth pony took advantage of the fact that his opponent was slowed via the cold. I hear heavy, crunchy, and destructive blows land. Strike after strike, he was like an assassin that was heavily trained in the art of subduing his enemies. Once the dust settled, I saw limp, lifeless bug bodies that lied around him on what seemed like their last breath. Needless to say, I was impressed by his skill.

Oh and I wasn’t just spectating him. I had fought off my own group of the lovesuckers on my end. I mostly used my wits to keep them off of me, and dodged most of their attacks. My offensive prowess was nowhere near on the level of this icy stallion, but I still held my own rather well.

I just had to ask. “Just who are you? Another agent? Undercover? Assassin?” I said as I casually dropkicked another bug out of my sight.

“Pff. Me?” The stallion scoffed as he spun a frozen lance around in his hooves which generated what looked like a miniature tornado mixed with a hailstorm. “I’m just a frozen piece of history drifting through time.” He flung the hailstorm into a crowd of the changelings, and it swept them up within it. With the spear of ice, he directed it towards a nearby tree which they were flung into and incapacitated by. “Or to put it more plainly, I was in the neighborhood, and wanted to help you out. Hey, watch your back.”

His words rang true. Someone as skilled as he? Someone who popped out of nowhere to assist in the most dire of moments? Sounded like a comic book hero or being of legend. Granted, I could sense his aura. It was untrackable. I dare say, it felt as if he was just as strong as...no...I couldn’t say that for certain.

I took his warning, and could sense the presence of another bug that would attack from behind me. I struck them down with the back of my hoof and a quick spin. “YA!” Overall, I’d say that this situation was...rather easy. Almost too easy. We had mowed down the dozens upon dozens of the bug pony swarm like it was nothing. For a hive whose aim was to be greater than Chrysalis’ own, it did not seem as if they had put enough effort in to make it so.

Or at least, that is what I initially figured.

We looked around us and watched as the bodies started to morph into each other. It was a strange thing to witness. The new changeling breeds and their bodies faded into a strange dark miasma that formed up into one, much stronger one of the same size--no bigger than your average pony. Except now it was twice as creepy because it had no mouth, and its aura was thick. Almost enough to cut through. Approaching this new being directly would be a death sentence for sure.

“Come at me, boys,” the voice of the female that I spoke to earlier echoed out of the body despite the lack of a mouth, “quit this senseless violence and accept your fate. We need to eat too. It’s no different than the rest of you!”

The blue pony turned and looked at me. “What’s your name, my dude?”

“Pale--Pale Vestige,” I replied, “And you?”

“Icesius Blizzard. But just Ice is fine,” he stood on his hind legs, and folded his forelegs with contempt, “Now...I have a plan. You just need to follow what I do.”

I was in no position to refuse his assistance. As I mentioned before, he exuded a lot more combat experience when fighting tougher adversaries on his own. Therefore, I had no choice but to hear him out.

“Okay...Ice was it? What’s your plan?”

The blue stallion stared at the newly minted super-changeling for a moment. Was he forming a plan? What possible strategies could he be forming with skill such as his? No, unfortunately. His ‘plan’ was one that I didn’t entirely agree with.

“We have no choice,” he said, “this creature must die.”

I looked at him with a perplexed, hung jaw. “Wh-what? Are you certain?”

He went on in a solemn tone. “I understand that as an officer, you want to be able to bring this being in for questioning and find out their true motives.” He shut his eyes, and shook his head. “But sadly, this enemy of ours is too powerful. The only possible method we have to keep the innocents safe is by forcibly removing them from the battlefield. Taking this fight somewhere else is the safer option.”

Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to deny it, he was correct. This being...it had absorbed the power of every changeling in the mob that we had just incapacitated. To attempt to capture it would be ludicrous at best. How troublesome. But again, there really was no other option here. There was an extremely high likelihood of the beast defeating us both and absorbing the love of everyone in the town. Even if we managed to capture it, there was no guarantee of it cooperating or being fully restricted. We had to be diligent, but cautious all the same.

“...Alright,” I replied, “If there really is no other alternative...we must fight it off for the sake of everypony else.”

Ice trotted forward as slowly as one could. “Cover me...if this goes well, we should be able to take care of it before it makes any crazy movements.”

I was right behind him with a myriad of stratagems already laid out in my head.

All the sudden, a thick, dark green aura formed around the changeling. The grassy ground quickly turned into a lime green mush not unlike the fluid I had seen in that lake. Though it wasn’t acidic, it kept us from moving.

“Ngh...what the hell?” Ice mumbled. Though he was more confused than concerned.

Unable to raise my legs, I swore under my breath. We both looked up and watched the bug pony laugh at us.

“Ahahaha! You foolish stallions fell right into my trap. And so easily too. Now if you just come quietly, we can work this out very easily and nopony else in that building will be harmed…”

“Pshaha.” Ice laughed her words off. “I don’t think so.” The entire ‘lake’ of squishy liquid was frozen over into a blue sheet of ice. The cold namesake stallion rose out of the ground, and started to skate around the new ‘rink’ he created.

“What the--you--oof!” The changeling slipped and fell on its face. “You...you ingrate! We will take back what is rightfully ours!”

Admittedly, I couldn’t exactly stand up either. I had to be careful, lest I tripped and broke my neck.

But what did that mean? ‘Take back what is rightfully ours’...


Meanwhile…

“Sunburst was right. The magical anomalies are off the charts from the direction of the Ponyville Schoolhouse. I just hope to Twilight that Mr. Haymes Bond isn’t there. For his sake, mainly...”

PreviousChapters Next