• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 322: Wife's Twin

Oh yeah! Duh. How stupid was I to forget the fact that Cheerilee’s sister was going to be here? But they looked so much alike that I essentially confused them both for a second. Upon closer inspection, however, I did notice that her cutie mark was a cherry blossom branch and not the smiling flowers that adorned my wife’s rump. So that was a close call indeed.

And the more I sensed her aura, she just seemed more muscular. There was no way to tell just by looking, which was how deceptive earth pony biology really was.

“Oh yeah,” I said with a smile as I invited her inside, “Cheerilee told me loads about you. I’m actually glad to finally meet you, Cherry.”

“Pleasure’s all mine, dear,” she replied as she walked with me, “Tell me about yourself. I’d like to get to know Cheerilee’s new man meat before things go down.”

I almost laughed at the comment, but chose to ignore it. “Oh. Well, I’m sure she’s told you a decent amount about who I am. I’m a detective--I know--not the most exciting job in the world, but--”

She scoffed at what I said. “Pffft. You kidding? Being an investigator has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world. I know for a fact that I couldn’t do it. I don’t have the patience for that.”

Oof. At least she was honest with herself about it.

“Wow--don’t speak so lowly of yourself….but yes, to be honest it’s a stressful job. That’s why it’s good to have lots of things to do outside of work.”

“Oh?” she looked at me with eager eyes, “What do you do in your spare time, Pale?”

“Lots of things. I volunteer my time for the old folks’ home, read books, meditate where I can be in touch with nature, hang out with my friends--oh, and I’ve recently taken up the art of fishing. Helps calm me down--even if I don’t catch anything, you see?”

Cherry looked at me with a curious stare, then nodded. “Ah. I get it now. You’re one of those more internalized-perspective types. Someone who’d rather feel a person out before jumping the shark, so to speak.”

That was a rather...poetic way to put it. But I couldn’t exactly say she was wrong or anything.

“Well yeah. I like to be tactical with my approach so that I don’t overstep my boundaries.” I rubbed a hoof behind my head with a regretful stare into space--upwards and to the left. “I know first-hoof what it’s like to go off the rails and make a mistake that could potentially cost me my career. It’s not something I’d like to repeat.”

Cherry pulled my hoof down so that I had to make eye contact with her. “Wanna know something? Between you and me?”

I was naturally interested in my new sister-in-law, so I obliged. “Yes?”

“...I know exactly what that’s like,” she explained, “As a famous wrestler, there’s countless times where I’ve been offered performance enhancements to ensure wins. Took everything that I had and more to be able to refuse the folks who’d offer such things.”

“You went on to beat those opponents, right?” I asked with bated excitement.

“Pssssh! Nah,” she shook her head, “Can’t win ‘em all, brother. Life kind of gets boring when everything is handed to you on a silver platter. As a wise individual once said: You learn more from failure than success.”

While that was a good point, I couldn’t help but counter it with one of my own.

“With all due respect, sister,” I returned her comment, “But I would argue that success yields just as much of a learning experience--even more so than failure. Then again, it mainly has to do with the fact that our career choices are as different as can be. But in my line of work, failure is inevitable. You aren’t going to catch every criminal, crack every case, or even be able to understand every bit of evidence. But in the moments that we do see things through and find an answer...that’s where the learning experience lies. Do you get it?”

After a moment of silence, Cherry Blossom responded with a chuckle. “Hehe--yeah, I get it. My sister picked the absolute best stallion she could have ever found.”

Now just what could that mean? “Hm? What do you mean by that?”

“Eh, you’ll find out when I state my piece at the actual ceremony,” she pulled out a small set of notes from her saddlebag, “I have a few things I wanna say just for the both of you. I think sis will love it.”

Damn. The more time passed, the more I actually felt genuinely excited for my own wedding.

PreviousChapters Next