• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 335: Cozy's Future

“...I plan to become a psychiatrist,” she said, “I never want anyone to endure the same troubles that I have had to go through. So I intend to work with other troubled youths so they don’t have to end up like I did. This will also help keep prison numbers low so we can rehabilitate those in need.”

While that sounded amazing, I was a bit concerned by this choice. “Are you sure, kiddo? I mean, that’s going to require a lot of work on your end. Do you really think you’re ready for it?”

Cheerilee would add her own perspective. “And is your mental fortitude intact? It took me forever to muster the capacity to become a teacher. Is working with disturbed children something you’re prepared to do?”

Cozy took a second to pause, and promptly sigh. “...Mom, dad--let me say right now: I am easily one of the most disturbed children on this planet. I would never claim to have suffered the most, but I know what it’s like to have everyone turn their backs on me when it’s convenient for them.” She looked down at the floor, and idly rubbed her hoof in circles. “However, I also know what it’s like to be granted the support that not many can say that they’ve been offered.”

I looked at Cheerilee, and wondered just how different things would have been if I didn’t make the decision I made about what--three years ago now? Crazy how time flies. If that was the path she wanted to take, I would be more than happy to support her through her endeavors. Though, I still had a question.

“Wait a second,” I said, “Do you perhaps wish to go into that field of work to be able to work alongside us somehow?”

“...You caught me,” Cozy replied with a giggle, “I uh...yeah. I figure that if dad puts away the hardened ones, I can salvage the ones that still have some shred of empathy left. And you mom…”

Cheerilee leaned forward. “Yes? What do you have in mind for me?”

“I’d appreciate it if you could also help those who have been wronged and have had little access to education...before you retire, that is.”

“Oh don’t you worry about me,” the wife shot back, “I’m not anywhere near close to ready to give up doing what I love.”

I turned to her with a concerned gaze. “Are you certain? How many years would you estimate that you’re willing to continue working? I wouldn’t want you to burn yourself out…”

“I’d say I have at least a dozen or so good ones left in me,” she replied with a confident tone, “With our child starting to explore her new career, I want to be there right with her to explore and understand as much as she can with what I have left. Not to mention teach her a few things along the way.”

Cozy stepped forward, and threw her hooves around us both. “Thank you so much. I’m so glad that you’re both in agreement over this.”

I wasn’t exactly finished. “Well not just that. The schooling for such a thing isn’t exactly cheap. I’m willing to pay for it if need be.”

“About that,” Cozy backed away for a second, “I don’t think you’ll need to worry about that because it seems Twilight has something in place to help out individuals just like me.”

“Oh?” Cheerilee asked, “This is the first I’ve heard of such a thing. What could that be?”

“Well...she recommended a school just for people such as myself who want to pursue higher passions. Apparently Ms. Rights also went there, and it’s not very far from here. It’s going to take a while, but I feel as though I can truly make something of myself. The only problem is…” She turned away from us with a nervous set of eyes. “I’ll have to attend long classes and won’t be able to spend as much time with you guys. But I’ll make sure to come see how you’re doing when I’m able.”

Was that so? Guess I could count on her for something that helped the public at large. I could only imagine the strides she would make at this academy where she could learn how to treat aches of the mind.

Cheerilee looked at me. “What do you think, hun? Do you think she can handle it?”

“...I think she can handle just about anything,” I proclaimed, “We’ve come this far, so why should she stop now?”

“You mean...you support the idea?” Cozy asked hopefully.

I exchanged a glance with Cheerilee, and we nodded in unison.

“Absolutely,” she said, “We can’t wait to see you grow and blossom into a wonderful pony.”

“That’s right,” I added, “There’s no telling what you’ll be able to accomplish. I can’t wait to see what you do when you get older.”

At that point, she was moved to tears. She didn’t say another word. Instead, she tackled us both with tight hugs.

This was the perfect life.

PreviousChapters Next