• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 260: Plan Organization II

“Ahem...everyone, I need your attention!” I shouted, which somehow caused an echo effect that reverberated like a wave over the crowd. Absolutely everyone, the griffons, batponies, hippogriffs, ponies, zebras?!--they all turned their heads to me and I could do my best to start things off.

“You’ve all done really well so far, but we need to get ready for the final phase of this battle,” I continued. Once I got into a rhythm with my speech, I felt a bit less nervous. Even so, I still wondered just where the rest of my crew was at that moment. “With that in mind, I want everypony to focus their efforts on the final road ahead. We have information that Grogar intends to carry out the final stage of his plans at the Castle of The Two Sisters--which is deep within the Everfree Forest.”

One of the audience members, a tired Diamond Tiara, spoke up. “Um, sir! Before we start any of that, I have a question: Is the source from which you obtained that information reputable?”

“Erm, yes--well--that is the question isn’t it?” I responded, and continued, “Yes, we’re not entirely sure about that ourselves. We obtained these details from a note left behind by one of the demons involved. As a result, we have...it comes across as odd…” I looked down at my notes.

Wait what? No, that’s not what I meant. Dammit, I slurred my words while completely sober. How could I mess up this badly?

By some miracle, to my left, I heard hoofsteps approach me on that podium. I turned to see none other than Quick Draw smile and wave which slowly refueled my confidence.

“Quick? Wait what? Since when did you get here?”

“As soon as I heard that damn siren, I knew that the Mayor was calling for us,” she nudged me with her hoof, “Don’t worry.”

I was able to relax a little bit, but still felt a bit worried. “Well...that makes sense. But if you’re here, then where is--”

“I’m right here, boss,” Corkscrew called out to me as he hovered down to land next to us all, “Sorry, but we uh--got kinda backed up. But as soon as I heard that siren, I knew the Mayor wanted to see us. So we came here as fast as we could.”

“You two…glad you’re safe.” That did it. With my crew members next to me, I felt perfectly at home giving this sort of speech. I suppose my issue was that I couldn’t think properly without the knowledge that they were safe.

Couple that with Cozy and Cheerilee nearby, who waved at us and smiled as they waited alongside the rest of the crowd for us to continue, and I was back in control.

“Ahem...where was I--oh right. Yeah, so--we have no idea of whether or not this could be a trap. The Mayor and I agreed that our first motion should be to send a scout or two out to the Sisters’ Castle before we attack--and even then, we still need at least half of our forces to remain here to defend Ponyville.” With that in the air, I gazed over the crowd who had already started to communicate and mumble amongst themselves. “...Now who would like to go first? Remember, Grogar doesn’t know that we know. As of this instance, we’re ahead of him, and we need to keep it that way.”

That’s when--rather unexpectedly--a certain yellow pegasus offered herself up.

“I’ll help...if that’s okay with everyone else.”

The crowd was just as dumbfounded as I was. Fluttershy had decided to throw her proverbial hat into the ring.

I had to speak up just to make sure this was actually her talking, as well as ensure she knew what she was doing. “Uhm--ahem. Fluttershy? Are you positive that’s what you want to do?”

She flew into the air, above the crowd. “Absolutely. There’s dozens, if not hundreds of animals out there who are just as threatened as we are. Beyond that, I know a certain someone that can suss out any strange types of magic in the air.”

“Who?” I asked with a raised brow.

Fluttershy turned her attention to a certain draconequus that had been lounging on a lawn chair on a nearby rooftop. “Ahem!” she called out.

Discord raised a pair of shades off his eyes with a snarky mumble. “Yes, yes, I’m right here. No need to be rude.”

Before I could say anything else, Limestone raised her voice from within the crowd.

“I’ll stay here and help keep the town safe while everyone recovers,” she said, “The more hooves we have at the ready, the better.”

That made sense. As I had already predicted, leaving the town unattended would be just as bad if not worse, given how many defenseless individuals such as foals were around.

Which reminded me.

“That’s right--we need to make sure all those who are unable to fight are in a safe of a place as possible--” I tried to explain before I was cut off.

“I believe I can help with that,” Rarity spoke out, “If anypony is unable to fend for themselves, then you can take shelter in the boutique. I imagine many of your homes have been damaged in the chaotic...chaos? But that won’t stop me from taking care of my fellow ponies.”

How generous of her. The others in the crowd certainly appreciated this based on the comforting, and thankful murmurs I heard.

But what came next was rather disturbing.

“Sir!” Sunburst had called out to me next, having only recently joined the crowd, “I have a message from Twilight and Cadence.”

PreviousChapters Next