• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 73: Insufferable Ingrate

Meanwhile…

“Rraagh! Haaaagh! You...bastard you. You won’t get shit from me!”

I had been taken to what felt like an insane asylum in the middle of plotheck nowhere. As of this moment, I was bound by ropes in a brightly lit, all white room. I had several lacerations and gashes from being flogged repeatedly by these masked unicorns who made use of dark magic to erode at my skin. They tried to beat information out of me about whom I worked with and where I lived, but I refused to speak. My hat and coat with all of my supplies had been removed, and placed on a table nearby.

“Ghhh...why...why are you doing this?!” I screamed out with barely any breath left. I guess they didn’t want to grant me any answers either. How rude.

“This is what happens when you release ponies who nearly destroy the world and our lives. You get punished,” one of the ponies said as they activated their magic, which damaged me even more, and caused my entire body to jerk and squirm against its will from the dark magic poisoning my body. “It’s our duty to uphold values of justice!”

“GAH! Hnngh...blech…” I felt myself cough up a bit of...oh boy, that was not ketchup. “Justice...is that what you call it? Do you even know who you’re fighting for?!”

That’s when I heard a familiar voice. “Enough! You all can head back to the base upstairs for now. I want a few words with him myself.”

I scrunched my face into an annoyed grimace. “Svengallop...cut the shit, and give it to me straight: Just what are you trying to do here?”

“Hmph. Isn’t it obvious?” the sleazy earth pony responded as he adjusted his suit’s collar, “I’m gonna make an example out of you, detective. When the world sees what happens to a pony that tries to release somepony so dangerous, no one will try it again.”

“Ngh...what the hell...that doesn’t explain shit,” I snapped back with shortness of breath, “Just how does Cozy being free affect you?!”

“Idiot. It’s not about keeping that horse locked up. It’s about teaching her a lesson too.”

“Wh...what?!”

“It’s simple,” he walked around behind me to inspect the damage I had been dealt. The slimeball of a stallion chuckled to himself. “Heh heh heh...if I wanted to kill you, I would’ve done so a long time ago. But the dead don’t suffer, you know. Only when she’s put through constant suffering will she truly comprehend what she’s done to everypony else! And that starts with taking away the thing she cares about most. That being yourself.” And he walked around to the front of me again with a sadistic grin on his face, “you want her to learn a lesson don’t you? So she can know not to make the same mistake again? I’m just speeding the process up…”

I tilted my head down. The thing that I hated most was that I’d be lying if I said I didn’t understand their intentions. I did, actually. What Sven wanted to do was crystal clear, and made sense in a pretty screwed up sort of way. By actively putting Cozy Glow through something just as traumatic as what everypony else felt when she nearly took over the world, he figured it would be the optimal way to teach the kid a lesson.

But what he didn’t understand was that she already had begun to comprehend her past actions on her own, and had matured as a result. The Cozy Glow from two decades ago was gone. She was an entirely different pony so to speak. Albeit, still herself--she...ah, it was pointless to think on and on about it. The point being, was that Svengallop had eccentric methods, but the ends do not justify the means. This guy was even more ridiculous than Neighsay at this point, and that was saying something.

“...I get it. At least, to a degree,” I responded quietly.

He raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? Now you decide to finally understand someone else’s point of view besides your own? When you’re at your weakest point?” he cackled, and leaned his head back, “Heh! It’s far too late for that now.”

I continued my subdued, gentle reply. “...You want Cozy to go through what she’s put everypony else through. And what you’ve been through as well.”

My words cut at some level. Svengallop paused his incessant taunts, and looked at me. “Just what the heck are you saying?”

The plan was working. I struggled weakly against the ropes as I looked up at him. “I’m no psychologist...but I know a good amount about the brain. After you ditched Coloratura, you became bitter, hostile. Your talent for manipulation led you astray as you scrambled to figure out what else to do with your life. Am I close?”

The stallion didn’t respond. He simply rolled his eyes, but he didn’t exactly stop me from speaking. So I went on.

“...anyhow. You were likely in a state of complete self-loathing until you realized you could easily sway the feelings of others. Once you realized that, you had other ponies follow you until you amassed a large gang of sorts, and now you feel as if you’re on top of the world. Am I right?”

At last, Svengallop would retort. “Hmph. Not bad. Yes it’s true that I came to hate the world after I left that overly-selfless horse of a mare. For years, I became bitter to the slander and hatred that came my way. I tried looking for honest work, but nopony would accept me,” he turned around, and looked at the floor.

I had to admit, I felt the slightest amount of pity for the stallion. Don’t get me wrong. His actions and formation of an entire gang of hitmen to cause chaos were objectively flawed. His mental state, however, was something else entirely. Svengallop clearly felt as if the world revolved around him and what he wanted. Rather than trying to change himself for the better of those around him, he took to changing the world around him for the betterment of himself.

“Everypony hated me, pushed me away, refused to even bother with or talk to me,” he said as he lifted his head up, “So I figured--if everyone didn’t care about me, I’d make them care. I’d formulate my own little group of folks who could change the world in the way I wanted. Constant conflict, never a dull moment, and ultimately living the life of luxury as ponies--and other creatures--who listened to what I wanted would follow me.” He turned around. “And that sort of hatred is something I want Cozy Glow to experience. She never had the chance to truly feel what it’s like to have something taken away from her. Well now, here’s the opportunity.”

“Gr...you…” I was losing my will to speak, as well as my sense of self by the second.

He scoffed. “Heh. It’s nothing personal, detective. Quite frankly, I don’t give a damn about you or your past. This is something I’ve wanted to do ever since she was released. Then and only then will she understand the weight of her past actions.” He trotted up to me with a smug little grin across his muzzle, “After all, what is innocent blood if not for shedding?”

“And...you’ve been...doing this...how long?”

“Heh. A few years at least,” he said as he backed away. “Anypony that tries to skate by me without understanding true terror is living a life of blissful ignorance. Ignorance that has shaped this society into the backwater softie country that it is nowadays. By doing this, I’ll harden everypony up, and make it so that we’re never considered jokes ever again.”

Tch. Completely bothersome. This was the type of pony that simply could not be fixed no matter how hard you tried. Whereas Cozy was a child, and is now an adult who grieves over her past, Svengallop was a complete joke of a being that wanted nothing more than to cause utter mayhem for whoever he pleased. I highly doubted that his sense of ‘justice’ was truly just. It was infinitely more likely that he lynched whomever he deemed offensive based on his own twisted, morals and ego.

I utterly despised this type of individual. There was no place for someone like them in the world. I knew conflict was inevitable and endless, but with someone like this? There was no convincing them of anything. Part of me wanted to bring this stallion out of his eternal darkness, and into the light where he could potentially have a new life...but it was all for naught. No matter what I said or did, he’d simply counter with another excuse to justify his actions. Hmph.

The only thing I could do for him now, was exterminate this poor soul.

“...You...will pay…”

“Hah. Very cute, very cute. But without your weapons, you’re nothing. And soon, I’ll have your magic as well,” he said with a demonic grin.

One of my ears flicked. “...What?”

“You’ve got some of the best earth pony magic around,” he commented as he put a hoof to my chin, “If I can extract it from you, and make it my own...then I’ll be unstoppable with the powers of my supreme exploitation and your untamed intelligence.”

I would’ve tried to bite him, but I felt weak. The pain from the lashes along with my blood loss had made it a challenge to say or do anything at this point. “You...will not survive…”

He backed away with his sadistic smile on full display. “Oh yes. Become angrier. I’d love to see this whole Blood Viper rumor I’ve heard about. In fact…” he paused, and trotted out into the hallway to shout at someone. “Bring me one of the prisoners!”

I felt a crick in my neck. Just what was he about to do?

“Hey! Grrragh! Lemme go!”

I heard a familiar, gruff female voice approach the room I was held in. I felt the lump in my throat sink to the bottom of my stomach. Sure enough, Vinyl Scratch was being held here as well. Just who else did this pony capture?! She was pulled forcefully by one of his masked mercenaries. But unlike the ones that were sent to capture me, this pony had full body armor and militaristic padding with loads of pouches to hold weapons. These must have been his elite members A leash that canceled out her magic was wrapped around Vinyl’s neck.

“It ain’t my fault that my music is way better!”

“Oh please!” Svengallop cackled, “Dubstep is nothing but loud electronic noise. But that aside, I know about you, ‘DJ-PON-3’ or Vinyl as you’re so called.”

“Wh-wha?! What could you possibly know about me?!” she protested with a snarl.

The stallion merely chuckled. “Heh...I know about what you’ve done. What you’ve sworn to never tell anypony. Something you’ve kept hidden for so long that it could damage your career if it was exposed to the public.”

“...Heh...just try me, bastard.”

“Some of the equipment you own was stolen.”

Vinyl screamed at the top of her lungs, then cut herself off. “HOW DID YOU--I mean, ahem. You don’t know that…”

“Oh cut the crap, little lady. I work in the entertainment industry. I know all about your past and how you stole some of those speakers that you used for your very first outing!” he snapped back.

“Well...okay, look. I was a reckless dumbflank of a teenager. But that’s in the past isn’t it?” Vinyl pleaded.

But Svengallop wasn’t amused. “Did you pay back the pony you took the speakers from? Did you ever say you were sorry?”

“Hey I didn’t steal them! Those were some perfectly good speakers that were in the dumpster behind that music shop,” the DJ of a mare explained in full, “I swear!”

“Hmph. If you couldn’t be trusted to remember on your own, then you obviously can’t be trusted. You must be punished,” Svengallop looked over at his underling and nodded, “Let’s see just what I can do to bring out the hatred in this detective here. Ooh, will he uphold the law or will he try and execute me? Decisions, decisions…”

The underling of a mercenary lit a match, and used their magic to slowly levitate the flame towards Vinyl’s horn.

She panicked, and tried to shift away, but the leash prevented her from applying any real force. “H-hey! C’mon man! This ain’t worth it! Don’t you got any cooler torture methods like gas or earworm music?!”

I shut my eyes.

Svengallop commented in my ear. “Clock is ticking...what will it be?”

I felt my body tremble with a cold sweat. Hearing the mare panic for her life as her horn was about to be permanently damaged was just enough to send me over the edge. I lost all sense of self. I felt nothing, desired nothing, feared nothing. My mental state had been damaged enough to bring out the worst in me at that moment. I heard a small voice edge me closer and closer...until I felt it. That rush. That untamed, wild craziness that I stepped away from long ago. Rage-filled earth pony blood pumped through my veins and gave me the extra push I needed to enact upon my instincts. The instinct to lash out and strike at my prey before I swallowed them whole. Just like a...yes.

My eyes shot open.

“I will kill every last one of them.”

PreviousChapters Next