• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 315: My Tale Part 2

“That’s adorable, though,” she said, “I’m proud that you were able to go ahead and start up your own thing. But how did it go? I’m sure it couldn’t have been easy.”

“Well it wasn’t at first--had to get my business permit from the Mayor and everything. And my friends and I pooled our money together so we could get started…”


It was about a month or two after we had left the Academy. My friends and I had just got through talking to the Mayor about the building we wanted to use in Ponyville. It was near the marketplace and was rather rundown. She initially wanted to have it demolished, but she found it much cheaper to essentially give it to us rather than pay for demolition. Thankfully, it worked out for us.

“The Mayor really said we could have this place?” Quick asked, “Are you sure it isn’t filled to the brim with spiders or something?”

The dust made me cough a few times as I stepped inside. “Hey--you know how the Mayor is. She looked at us and saw that we had potential. Three kids fresh out of college. What’s the worst that could happen?”

All the sudden, we heard the floor give way, followed by a loud yelp. “AGH!” Corkscrew must have stepped on something incorrectly, because we found him in a (thankfully clean) basement with nothing but more dust and a few cobwebs lurking about.

“You alright?!” Quick and I shouted together as we looked down the hole.

“Yeah, never better,” Cork said, “In fact...I think we just found our supply room. There’s a buncha cool stuff down here!”

We hopped down to find a bunch of antique items and paraphernalia. Turns out that there was more than just dust here and someone must have left their things here from a previous century...or two.

And that’s when I had an idea.

“...I got it.”


“Ahh…” Rights said with a wistful expression, “So that explains the whole antique storefront...front. Gives you a place to work from without being harassed or found out.”

“Essentially,” I replied, “To this day, nobody knows exactly what we do there.”

Then she asked a very logical question. “Wait a minute, so how does anypony know to actually go to your place for help?”

“That’s the thing, mom,” I said casually, not realizing I had referred to her as my mother, “We usually find out about any important or crazy events immediately as they happen or right after so that we can have a hefty lead on the case subject. Now, if it’s something severe, only certain individuals such as Twilight Sparkle know. As the Princess of Equestria, she’s essentially the commander-in-chief of all agencies.”

She scoffed, and it quickly turned into a laugh. “...Taking orders from her, eh? Well, not like you have a choice I guess.”

“What? Don’t like her?” I asked.

“Oh no, I don’t hate her,” she cleared her stance, “I just figured you’d wanna be more independent and not work for ‘the Alicorn’ or whatever.”

Pfft. As much as I occasionally wished that were the case, I couldn’t exactly say that I wished the Alicorns had no power. Someone somewhere had to have control over everything, lest we fall to chaos and ruin. At the same time, however, too much control was equally negative. The way Twilight allowed us to essentially do as we wished was the best system I could ask for.

And I promptly explained that to Rights. “Oh no, we’re not under her absolute order. We mostly do our own thing and report back to her on whatever we find. It’s a system that’s worked rather well for us just like it has for SMILE.”

“Ah, that makes sense. Glad to hear that you aren’t being forced into anything you don’t wanna do.”

I nodded. “It’s a really fun job that keeps food on my table. Is there anything else you’d like to ask?”

“Yeah…” she looked at me with a rather coy smile, “What’s the best area to move into around here?”

Wait a minute, was she serious? She was moving in?!

“Whaaaaaaa?!”

PreviousChapters Next