• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 297: Ceremony Part 4

It wasn’t just one pony. It was a massive group!

Flash Drive and Neon’s mother and father, Corkscrew’s grandfather, Quick Draw’s father, Guttersnipe’s mother and father, and...no...it wasn’t possible.

“M-Ms. Rights?!”

My comrades embraced their respective family members with loving laughter and smiles, but I simply stood there in a state of shock at the sight of the well-aged, cyan earth pony mare.

“No way...this isn’t real,” I protested to myself, unable to process what was in front of me, “You went missing years ago. There’s no way you’re in front of me right now.”

The mare tapped the side of her head. “Hm? Nope. I think I am very much alive and real.”

I took a step towards her, and put a hoof against her cheek. That’s when I felt it...that scar. The exact same scar below her left eye from the day she saved me from blowing up both myself and the retirement home in Manehattan when I was little…

“Oh my goodness…” Tears began to well up in my eyes, and my voice started to break. “It...it’s really you. I can’t believe it. But how are you here? This doesn’t make any damn sense…I have to be dreaming.”

A few metres away, Luna spoke up. “Um, no you are not. I can confirm that you--and everyone else here--are very much awake. This is happening, Pale.”

I nearly passed out again, but my body refused to let me go back into a state of unconsciousness. I was fully awake, and had to comprehend just what went down in front of me.

“You...Miranda...you’re here. But how?”

She replied with a small chuckle. “...Honey, you should know I’d always come back for ya. That, and a certain friend of yours decided to breach the system against orders. Come on out, young lady.”

“Aw, dammit…” a familiar, gruff female voice mumbled from within the crowd right before she teleported herself to us. It was none other than Vinyl Scratch. “I specifically said that I did not want to be credited.”

Rights tilted her head, and scoffed as she playfully stomped her hoof on the ground. “Oho--dear. Your hacking skills are subpar. As soon as you found my file, I knew something went down. That wasn’t for anypony to access just yet. But...I guess I can’t be too upset since you did reunite me with my favorite little troublemaker,” she snickered into her hoof.

I had to take a step back. At that point, I had way more questions than answers. Firstly, for Vinyl.

“Wait, wait, wait a single screwed-up minute,” I turned to glare at the unicorn, “You hacked her file?! I thought that didn’t exist! I checked it myself!”

VInyl rubbed a hoof behind her head. “Well...long story short: Bon Bon knew that that would be the first thing you’d look for when you got hired. So she made sure to keep the file out of all the records and declared Miranda Rights permanently MIA.”

Okay. That explained one half of my confusion. But there was still one glaring problem with that.

“I see...but how did you not only manage to find her file, but then...find her?” I pointed at the older mare next to us.

Vinyl let out a small, nervous whinny as she fidgeted in place. “About that...this is where things get really crazy so I hope you’re strapped in. So I was fiddling around with the file, right? When...as soon as I managed to open it, my computer completely fragged itself. Just--boom!” She clapped her hooves together and spread them apart to emulate an explosion, “Completely just--kaput. But then, what I didn’t realize is that must’ve triggered...something or other? I’ll let her explain.”

Miranda stepped forward, and tapped me on my neck. “...You remember that weapon I gave you? Well, it contained a tracking device to make sure I always knew where it was. But once you destroyed it, it kinda got fused with you. But then...my old pager went off. The pager that I had set to only be notified in case of being needed on the force again.” She put her hoof down, and shot a glance to Vinyl. “Little Miss Wubstep over there caused it to go off when she messed with my files.”

The unicorn blushed, and replied with a nervous giggle. “Heh...um...I’m sorry, ma’am. Please don’t report this--”

“...Hmmm…” Rights decided to tease her a bit. “Let’s say this doesn’t leak to the rest of your department so long as you get me one of those signed copies of your new CDs?”

“Oh? Pssh--yeah, I can do that. Just...let me go get it for you. Be right back!” With a flash of magic, VInyl teleported away…

Rights glanced at me. “...She’s funny. Anyway...I’m glad I finally got to see you again, kiddo. Is everything alright?”

I reached out and hugged her. “Yes...everything is just peachy in my world. But there’s way too much to catch up on…”

All I could do was settle into her person. Rights held onto me like a parent would their child after not seeing them for an entire college term. “...Still as plucky as ever, kiddo. Never change.”

My real mother had returned.

PreviousChapters Next