• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 329: The Cake

Cheerilee returned to the table with a plate of at least a dozen of those cherry pastries. “Ah!” she gasped with a bit of dribble leaking from her face, “These are the best! Thank you so much, Cozy.”

“Don’t just thank me, thank the Crusaders,” she replied, “They’re the ones who gave me the idea in the first place.”

From across the yard at one of the tables, the three Crusaders looked over at us and waved with big smiles on their faces.

“I have to make sure I thank them personally,” Cheerilee said, “They’ve always looked after me even when they were foals. I almost can’t believe it.”

“Well, believe it,” I chimed in, “You’re easily the sweetest pony in existence, and you deserve everything you see in front of you.”

She nuzzled against my neck. “Aw--that includes you too, I’d hope.”

There was no way I would toot my own horn like that. “Erm, you know what I mean. I try my best.”

Cozy simply giggled at the both of us. But then I noticed one of her ears flick. Something must have caught her attention.

“...Something wrong, Cozy?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing. You guys keep enjoying yourselves.”


Mom and dad were so cute together that I wished that I could just sit and laugh with them for the entire day. But I had to make sure everything else was going just as I had planned. I got up from the table under the gazebo, and saw that Ms. Rights had returned from the side door that connected the backyard to the front yard. Not only that, but I could also hear Pinkie Pie’s faint voice as she pulled the cake towards the house. I was so excited that I almost felt myself explode!

I hurried up to Rights, and asked her a question.

“...Do you have it?”

She nodded, and patted me on the head. “Yup. It’s right here in my saddlebags. I think I hear Pinkie Pie in the front yard, though. You might wanna check that out first.”

“Okay. Thanks again, Rights!” I responded, and let her trot past me. Once I had room, I walked through the gate, and out to Pale’s front yard. And there she was. Pinkie had pulled this massive cart with a box that had a cooling system attached. The box alone was easily as tall as the door to the house! “...Woah. That’s...big.”

“That’s righty-Cozy!” Pinkie chirped, “And I took special care to deliver it here myself. It’s got both of their favorite flavors--which will be revealed as soon as they cut into it!”

“....Wow,” was all I could say. The sheer size of the wedding cake had me in awe. I couldn’t believe how much effort she had gone to for this. “You must have spent a long time on it, huh?”

“Well, it’s not every day you get to make wedding cakes,” she replied, “Weddings in general are nowhere near as common or explosive as they used to be. Everypony likes to ‘downsize’ or ‘keep things simple’,” she added with air quotes made via her hooves. “I don’t see it. Marriage is supposed to be a time to celebrate two ponies--or non-ponies--getting together and loving each other!”

Given that I had grown up and seen a lot of terrible things, I had a few ideas as to why that could be the case. Namely? Divorce.

Yeech. Even thinking about the word made me sick. But that could explain the decline in marriage rates. Fear of being...split up, could cause many a pony to not want to get married to begin with.

I was just super glad that my pops had found someone he always loved.

“Well, we sure do appreciate the time you took,” I said as I noted the cake’s appearance, “Come bring it to the backyard.”

PreviousChapters Next