• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 295: Ceremony Part 2

Corkscrew was next as he flew to the front of the stage. “That’s right,” he said, “Now granted, I didn’t unite an entire population like my friendly set of Kingsmen over here--”

Both Flash Drive and Neon glanced at each other, then up at Cork. “Eh wot?”

“--but nevertheless!” the pegasus continued, “I still stuck through it all alongside Pale because I knew he needed me. Even when I was set on fire and nearly burned to death--TWICE. Though the second time was in an event where I could resist flames because of becoming my Nightmare Night costume, but--”

I cleared my throat to help him get back on topic. “Ahem…”

“Oh yeah, yeah! Right. Anyways, so like I was saying--I’d do anything for my friends. Yeah I’m not some super-powered being of ultimate power, but dammit I’m still gonna fight for what I believe in. Because you miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take.”

Guttersnipe decided to jump in at that moment. “He’s right. To add onto what he said, I know just as much as anyone what it’s like to suffer. I lost my wings protecting my friends--hey guys!” she waved into the crowd to which her childhood friends--Tsunami, UV Ray, and Vapor Trail--all waved back. “When I lost my wings to keep them safe, I realized that the most important thing to me would always be keeping my friends and family safe. I mean, I’ve fought off giant sea monsters and sky ghosts! It doesn’t get any better than that!”

Lastly, Quick Draw would step forward.

“For me...it’s a rather long story. Ultimately I feel stupid in some respects. I nearly lost sight of what was important to me, and betrayed my own friend…”

The audience glared at Quick with curious stares.

I looked at Quick, and whispered. “Hey...you don’t have to…”

“It’s alright, Pale...I am choosing to do this because it’s something that’s very important to me.” The mare rubbed a hoof behind her head as she forced herself to continue. “Alright...the main issue that I had to overcome was my own cowardice. I was deceived into thinking that Pale’s ideas were going to bring about destruction. And while he is by no means perfect, I see now that I made a fatal mistake.”

“And why is that?” Twilight asked.

“Because...when I lost faith in those who trusted me most, it was almost too late. I pretty much became the very thing I set out to stop: A conniving, deceptive liar…”

Twilight would ask another question. “But...you’ve learned from that experience, right?”

Quick nodded. “For sure. I learned that I needed to take better care of myself and all of my friends. Not only are Pale and Corkscrew my childhood schoolmates, we’re all like one cohesive family unit that keeps each other working well together. Because of that, I...feel like I’ve grown. Like I can trust them as well as myself even more now. The fact that they forgave me for what happened is what caused the curse I was put under to be removed from my body.” She flashed a rare, wide smile--a smile that truly looked genuine as her ears pricked upwards. “...And now, I can finally say that I’m happy.”

In response, various members of the audience started to applaud softly.

That’s when Cozy Glow flew up to the stage to interject. “I don’t mean to interrupt, but...can I say something?”

“Absolutely,” Twilight replied, “Go right ahead.”

Cozy took center stage, and started to open up to the congregation. “I would also like to state just how important the impact that someone like Pale Vestige has had on my life. Thanks to him, he was able to bring me out of my state of suffering so that I could properly live out my life. And well...I consider him to be like my father of sorts because of it.”

That’s when I took a step forward. “Yeah, about that, kiddo…”

She looked at me with a concerned set of eyes. “...Huh? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just have a surprise for you…” I reached into my suit, and pulled out a document, then handed it to Cozy.

The young mare read it over, and promptly squealed with a smile on her face, much to the confusion of everyone in the vicinity. “EEEEEE!”

PreviousChapters Next