• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 268: Storm The Castle

Beneath the earth, I could hear and feel the rumblings of a stampede. It was our family and various friends that we had made along the way. If I had to put a distance on it, they were about fifty yards away from our current position, and they closed in fast.

“...Here they come,” I mumbled to myself, and glanced at Cozy, “Are you sure you’re ready for this, kid?”

She flashed me a confident grin as she flew into the air. “He won’t treat me the same was as the others. I know that for a fact. After all, he wants me alive. And my body to be in perfect condition. Why not surprise him with it? You know what they say: Be careful what you wish for…”

That was a very reasonable way to look at it. No matter how much I wanted to hold onto her, I knew deep within my heart that I would have to allow Cozy to make her own decisions eventually.

But I wasn’t going to let her go without an insurance.

“...Alright, kid. Go for it. No matter what happens, know that I’ll be right behind you.” I placed a quick kiss on her forehead--akin to what a parent would do for their child who was about to leave for college the first time.

“...” For a moment, there was silence. I could sense Cozy holding back tears as she flew into the air. “Thanks, pops…”

Then, I watched her fly directly into the Castle of the Two Sisters. Behind me, I could hear the sounds of dozens to hundreds of footsteps that approached my position.

From behind me, I heard a familiar voice call out.

“Boss!” I looked up to see Corkscrew fly down to my position, “Where’s Cozy? What happened?!

After him, Quick Draw, Guttersnipe, Flash Drive, and Neon Isotope all approached me with pretty much half of those who had been in Ponyville yesterday in tow behind them. I assumed the other portion was still an active safeguard in Ponyville and the general area, which was good.

“Well?” Quick asked me next, “Don’t just stand there. Tell us what’s been going on here.”

“You look right carked, mate,” Flash Drive said, “Something on your mind?”

I snapped out of my train of thought, and focused on those in front of me.

“Oh right. Well, it goes like this…”

I pretty much told them everything that had happened. What with both Fluttershy and Discord’s disappearances. And the fact that Cozy had decided to race ahead of me in order to weaken Grogar herself. However, that last detail was something that I requested them not to share with everyone else. It would have most certainly caused a panic.

So we huddled up, and started to come to an agreement.

“...Alright,” Guttersnipe was the first to speak up, “So you’re saying we’re gonna go in there, and tear that guy a new one? Sign me up.”

“Whatever gets this over with faster, lads,” Neon mumbled, “All this fighting’...needs to stop sooner or later if we want everyone to live peacefully.”

“So what’s the game plan regarding everyone else?” Quick asked.

And as soon as she asked that question, we heard the sound of a hundred wails fill the air.

EEEEEEEE!

We all turned to look at the Castle, and the source was the various demons that had erupted from the ground. Guess Grogar wanted this to be his last resort, hm?

“Shit,” I swore under my breath, “Guess we’ll need to wade through these fools first before we can get in there…”

Out of the group that had come to our aid, Babs was the first to speak to us.

“Yo, Pale--you should take ya crew up dere and handle the bastahd himself. We’ll watch over ya from behind,” she turned to face the mixed group of ponies, griffons, zebras, and other creatures behind her, “Ain’t dat right, ya’ll?!”

Everyone else shouted in agreement with the new plan that we had just conjured up.

I looked at my crewmates. While we all felt dubious and even a bit afraid, it was only natural given that this was gearing up to be the final confrontation...I hoped.

With that in mind, I looked at the main gates for the castle. “Alright, then. Follow me, guys. Allow everyone else to deal with the stragglers on all sides.”

And so, the six of us galloped like bulls. We charged our way through as the rest of our army cleared the way to the castle by attacking the demons for us. It was quite the struggle, watching streaks of black blood fly all over the place. But I knew all of my friends had our best interests at heart--and wouldn’t allow us to lose sight of our goal.

My crew and I had completed our beeline...and we made it. With a loud, creaky thud, the castle doors shut behind us and muffled the sounds of combat that ensued from behind us outside.

It was time...

PreviousChapters Next