• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 333: Dancing And Gifts

Cheerilee must have been able to read my mind. She could tell that I was a bit concerned about dancing, but she put me at ease.

“Don’t worry, hun,” she said, “I can’t dance very well either.”

“You can’t?” I asked with a bit of confusion in my voice.

She laughed at herself and replied. “Baby--I haven’t been on the dance floor since highschool! No one in our class could dance. In fact, the prom night was literally everyone just sort of awkwardly standing around until the counselors forced us to dance.”

Her story made me feel a lot more comfortable. I stood up from the table, and invited her to join me whilst I continued the conversation. “Oh? And how did that go?”

“They literally promised us extra pizza in the mess hall if we danced together,” she explained as she followed, “Needless to say, everyone sort of awkwardly shook themselves around like wet noodles.”

“Well I’m less like a noodle and more like a piece of dried pasta that hasn’t been cooked yet,” I remarked with a smug sort of expression on my face, “But being with you just makes it more enjoyable.”

“Well then, let’s see if you can actually back up those words.” Cheerilee took off in front of me, and started to move herself to the beats that Vinyl provided.

I, along with many others, would try to do the same thing to mixed results. As I stated, I wasn’t the best dancer in the world and could only move my body around in certain ways. Fortunately for me, Cheery wasn’t at all put off by my lack of skill--even if I did trip a few times.

From off to the side, I could hear flashes from the camera Cozy had at the ready. I could only imagine how hilariously bad our photos would end up being. Especially the ones that involved me flat on my ass trying to ‘dance.’

After a minute or two, I noticed Ms. Rights was right there with us, dancing as if she had taken lessons from a professional. I wondered where she had been...

Eventually, it started to get late. I was both tired and over the moon from all of the dancing and eating that I could have sworn that I was going to pass out. This is exactly why I refused to procure alcohol for the reception because I knew it would make things more messy than they probably would have gotten.

Right before everything concluded, Cheerilee and I made sure to open the wedding gifts we were given and show our appreciation to everyone. Chiefly of which, the gift from Miranda and Cozy--the large, rectangular item that was wrapped up. Odd considering most wedding gifts weren’t wrapped.

Anyway, we opened it to find a hoof-painted landscape that contained Cheerilee, myself, Cozy Glow, and Miranda Rights all together.

“...A picture of my new family,” Cozy explained to us, “It’s not a professional painting, but--”

From both sides, Cheerilee and I surrounded her with a tight, loving hug.

“We adore it!” she said, “This is amazing, and something we’ll cherish forever.”

“In fact, I think I’m going to frame this,” I added, “Something this good should be immortalized for the rest of eternity. And you…” I looked towards Miranda’s direction.

The older mare rolled her eyes with a faint smile. “What about me? I didn’t do much of anything, son.”

I stepped up to her, and brought her in close for a hug. “Don’t play coy, mother...I know you wanted everything to be perfect so I’m super grateful that you’d take the time to make a special wedding gift with Cozy for Cheerilee and I.”

I swore that I could have felt a tear drop from her face. But she let out a sigh, likely to cover up how emotional she felt at that moment. “Hey, hey--! Sonny, it’s fine. You’ll have plenty of time to spend with me once I move in. But this is your wedding day. Enjoy it with your new wife, alright?”

“Oh--yes, of course.”

Cozy echoed this sentiment. “I agree. You two should go on ahead and open the rest of your gifts. I’ll tell you what I want to say a bit later on in private.”

PreviousChapters Next