• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 287: Lies In Belief

And just like clockwork, it did.

Within his own fantasy, Grogar would eventually realize that he was still a victim of his own selfish desire. None of it properly satisfied him, and he lost his mind to the lie that he had come to understand that he was trapped within. No matter what he did, he couldn’t escape it. No attempts to stop time, break free of the illusion, or destroy the world he created could release him from it.

And soon, even within the confines of his own mind, he lost. Those he had trampled over would now be the ones who had their way with him. He was beaten, throttled, and utterly wrecked. Subsequently, he would fight back with all he could.

Once again, a victim of his own cycle.

“No...NO! I CAN’T SUFFER THIS ANY LONGER!”

Did I feel any sympathy for him? Honestly, I couldn’t say that I did. This was a sense of eternal torment that he inflicted upon others. The only way for him to finally comprehend what he had done, was to force him to experience it himself.

“Damn...I almost feel bad,” I commented on the events that I witnessed, “But there really is no other way is there?”

Even Cozy had to let out a sigh--a pitiful one. “Yeah...it’s really sad when you think about it. But it’s a difficult decision. We simply can’t allow him to live, Pale. No matter what happens or how hard we’ll think we’ve redeemed him, he will almost certainly fall back into his own habits.”

As much as I didn’t want to agree, it was true. Grogar wasn’t a normal person like the rest of us. He was a device. A device used to generate amusement for the sake of some higher power. For his own sake as well as ours, we couldn’t allow him to live.

“...You’re right,” I replied, “Even in his richest fantasies, it would appear that he can’t escape his fate. It’s like having to put down a dog that has no clue why it's actively dying. Like Old Screamer.”

“It’s your call, pops,” Cozy looked at me, “What should we do?”

Thousands of years had come to pass within that infinite loop. By this point, it was time to end it once and for all. If he didn’t comprehend it by this point, then there was nothing more that we could do.

“Bring us back to reality, kiddo,” I answered.

And in a flash, we were all flung back into the present. In the throne room of the Castle of the Two sisters right next to the Tree of Harmony.

To my surprise, Cozy was still in perfect control of Discord’s chaos magic through all of this. In addition, Grogar would slowly come to his senses and return to reality once he had finished the final stages of the illusion.

“What...where? Is this reality?”

I took a step towards him, just to see how he had reacted to such an event. “...Do you now see why this is a bad idea? To force everyone into your own method of control isn’t peace. It’s madness.”

The ram grit his teeth, and avoided eye contact with me. I couldn’t tell if he was about to curse me with some form of magic, or something much more sinister.

“You…”

PreviousChapters Next