• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 321: Wedding Day

About Two Days Later...

“Do you think they’ll like this, Cozy?” Ms. Rights asked me, “I haven’t seen him in a while, so I admittedly don’t know what he likes very much.”

I was confident. I had gotten to know Pale and Cheerilee over the last year or so, and was proud to be their adoptive daughter. Needless to say, I knew this gift would be perfect for them both. Something that they would cherish forever. It wasn’t old, new, borrowed, or blue. Nor was it some random kitchen appliance that would break down within its first six months of use. Wedding gifts were supposed to be important and special, not commercialized to heck and back.

“For sure,” I said with a smile on my face as I dipped my hoof into a bucket of paint, “It’s going to be something I know they’ll love and want to keep forever. And I want you to have the opportunity to join in since I know you want to do something good for Pale, ma’am.”

“Enough of that ma’am crap,” she commanded with what sounded like a tired groan, “Please. Miranda is fine. ‘Ma’am’ makes me feel way older than I actually am for some reason.”

I bet I knew why, but that was cool. It made things way easier.

“Oh, okay, Miranda. Well it’s simple,” I pointed a wing down at a nearby paint bucket, “All you need to do is take your hoof, dip it in and draw whatever comes to mind. Or if you wanna use the brushes, that’ll work also.”

“Painting?” she asked with an uncertain tone, “I’m uh...not very good.”

But rest assured, how good she was wasn’t even a factor here. “Don’t worry!” I responded as I splattered some paint down, “Just make sure it comes from your heart!”

“...Alright. For my son and his wife. I’ll make sure this ends up being the best damn gift in history!”


And at last. One more day came to pass, and the day of my wedding arrived...

And here we are in the present more or less. I felt beyond ecstatic as I got my suit ready. The venue had already been selected to be right in my backyard. A nice, somewhat private location that couldn’t be invaded by anyone. And if anyone did try to pull anything, they’d be in for a rather rude awakening.

But I was so happy that I couldn’t help but start singing to myself as I looked myself over in the mirror.

“I’m getting ma-rried! I’m getting--!”

TAP-TAP-TAP!

“AH!”

I let out an embarrassed whinny of sorts when I heard a knock at my front door. I certainly wasn’t expecting anyone to arrive this early. It was only noon. But I went to the door to see who it was, and lo and behold--

“Corkscrew?” I muttered as I pulled the door open. “Hey, bud. You’re here a bit early, huh?”

The pegasus stallion had on a rather fashionable navy blue suit that complimented his orange color. “That’s right, bos--Pale. I wanted to come see ya before it all went down. Mainly to say that I’m proud of ya.”

“Proud of me? Oh?” I shut the door, and led him out to the backyard where all the chairs had been set up. The gazebo I had in place would serve as the altar. “What for?” I asked.

“For sticking through everything with me,” he went on, “Everyone else would’ve given up a long time ago if they were in your horseshoes. But you didn’t. I’m proud to call you my friend--nay, my brother!”

Well that certainly put me at ease. I knew I could trust him with my life if it came down to it. We were essentially family after all.

But before I could say anything, I was interrupted by--

DING-DONG!

“Someone else?” I murmured to myself, “Gah--who could it be? Oh.” I turned to Cork, “Excuse me for a second, bud.”

I went back inside my house, and opened the front door to find none other than Quick Draw standing there wearing a black and blue skirt-like dress. “Oh shit, what’s up?”

“You’re fashionably early, aren’t you?” I chuckled as I let her inside, “Great to see you here, Quick.”

When she trotted in, I could see she had some sort of wrapped box on her back that she carried. A gift? “Hey...you’re my brother. Cork and I wouldn’t dare miss this. That’s why we came together. Though, I sort of got sidetracked…”

“Well, whatever the case--you can explain it when we get out back. There’s plenty of table space for you to put the--”

DING-DONG!

“Ugh--again?!”

Quick giggled at my expense, and gave me a short hug. “Go on. I’m sure you’ll be answering that bell quite a bit today. I’ll go see if Cork is alright out there.”

With that, she walked away towards the backyard. And I found myself headed for the door again. But what tripped me out was the fact that my next guest was someone I hadn’t met until now.

“Hello? Wh--Cheery?!”

My eyes deceived me for a split-second. No, it wasn’t my wife-to-be.

It was her twin sister.

“Haha!” she laughed with a snort, “That never gets old! But, calm down. It’s me, Cherry Blossom. Your new sister-in-law.”

PreviousChapters Next