• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,288 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,288

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 220: Cozy's Decision

Her answer quite honestly took me by surprise. I fully expected her to desire the idea of freedom and to escape the hellish situation that she was now in...partially thanks to me. “...What? Are you sure? Like I said, all of your new friends are potentially at risk if you stay here…”

“...Pale...dad--I--”

Against my better nature, I cut her off. My sense of urgency, and yearn to protect her got the better of me. “No kid, listen...you need to really think about this. We’re on the cusp of what could possibly be the biggest and most dangerous creature known to us all. And if it gets to you...it’ll become so strong that none of us will be able to fight back against it.” I did my best to plea with her, “Just...take some time to think it over, alright?”

“No.” But Cozy was firm on her stance. She stomped her hoof on the ground to add emphasis as she repeated herself. “No...I won’t run. I’m tired of running away from my problems. It doesn’t solve anything, Pale.” She looked over at her garden, and then started to trot up to the gazebo in the middle of it. “All I’ve managed to accomplish by fleeing is causing more and more trouble for everypony else. I nearly ended the world because I couldn’t bear the thought of actually dealing with my own problems…”

I followed her there, and watched as she picked up what appeared to be a picture frame with one of her wings. “...Kid…” I took another step closer, and looked over her shoulder. In the picture was not only herself, but all of the new friends she had made so far. Flurry Heart who stood right next to Cozy, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon who gave each other a hoofbump, and the Crusaders who tried to outdo each other to get the center of attention for the photo via shoves. All of them wore Winter Wrap-Up vests. The photograph was taken after the Wrap-Up had been completed, and Ponyville was cleared of all of its snow. This meant that it was very recent--not even a week ago, even.

“This isn’t something I want to just give up...no matter how hard it gets,” she went on, and continued to stare at the photo as she talked, “This may be somewhat callous of me to say--but don’t you understand what it’s like to have something--better yet--someponies that you know and love, only for it to be told that the bond needs to be taken away from you for ‘your own good’?” She turned to face me. A stoic gaze behind those eyes of hers. Likely to hold back excess emotion. “...You know how that feels...don’t you?”

Like it or not...I did. All too well, in fact. There were many things that I had both gained and lost over the course of my nearly 36-year existence. But chief of which--the one thing that I could never truly regain, was support from my parents who had both essentially abandoned me in this world. The young, naive me used to think that everything was okay. But once they split apart...it all went downhill, and that’s where my...violent tendencies originated.

Regardless, there was no need for another trip down memory hell. I just wanted to make sure that Cozy was absolutely certain. No, I didn’t want her to end up in the same situation that I did--again. Nor would I allow her to lose her mental state and fall back into what she had grown out of.

Ultimately, it was her choice to make. Whether I agreed or not.

“...Alright, kid,” I said while I bit back some of my disappointment. I honestly didn’t know what I expected. I supposed that I likely would have felt upset either way since there was no particularly “safe” option here.

“...Is something wrong, Pale?” she tilted her head down to get a good look at my face, “You don’t seem satisfied with my answer. Is it because...you’re not happy with this at all? As if...as if you know that there’s no right answer.”

I said nothing in response. I simply looked away. Couldn’t believe it, really. Me? The pony who didn’t know what to do in a situation? Hideous.

Cozy continued, her voice grew less apologetic over time. “Okay, look...I don’t wanna stand here all day and debate this, pops. You and I both know that we have loads of good, capable friends that can watch out for us no matter what happens. Don’t turn your back on them now. Okay?”

“Agh...gah...you’re right. You’re right,” I replied with a shake of my head, “I’m sorry. I’m just not thinking straight. My head gets fogged up with conflicted thoughts when I know your life is on the line.”

The pegasus let out the smallest, exasperated groan with a roll of her eyes. “Ugh...I’m grateful for it. I really am. But you ultimately need to let me go so that I can make my own choices. If you don’t, well, I’ll never figure out anything on my own now will I?”

I paused before I could give a response. She had every right to call me out there. If I couldn’t keep my mind together under a basic scenario such as this, then how could I even manage Grogar or whatever the heck he intended to do. I knew I could be better than this. I had to be.

“Fair point, kid. I don’t even know what got into me to start thinking like that,” I admitted with a shameful flick of my tail.

“Thanks for the kinds words, Pale.” By then, Cozy had already walked into her house via the back door. “But if you don’t mind...I need to mentally prepare for the worst. Think you could come back later?”

Just what could she have planned? That kid eluded me every time. As the rook on her flank was wont to do.

Oh yeah, I had an ongoing case! I had to leave anyway.

“Oh yeah...for sure! I gotta go!”

PreviousChapters Next