• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 310: Rights' Tale Part 1

I invited Rights to my home, and just like any mother would to their child, she immediately started to comment on my standard of living.

“...Wow. Your home is way more organized than I expected, son,” she said with a teasing smile as I shut the door behind us.

I couldn’t hate her for it. After all, she hadn’t seen me in forever, and didn’t really know how I lived. “Very funny, Miranda,” I said with an eye roll, “You know I’ve always kept things in order. You were the one that taught me to do that.”

Her pale green eyes changed from amused to weak in a fraction of a second. “Yes...yes I did, didn’t I? Teaching you to keep things in order was the only way I could make sure you didn’t fall off the deep end again.”

While that was true, that wasn’t what I was looking to discuss. I trotted forward, and took a seat on my couch so we could finally have an equal chat with each other.

“...Have a seat, Miranda,” I offered, “I’m sure you know what I’m about to ask.”

“Mm…” she sat down next to me, “You want to know the nature of my assignment. Why I had to leave you despite wanting to take care of you?”

I glared at her--right in the eyes. “All I want is an honest answer, Miranda. You left so suddenly on that day and...I almost allowed myself to forget because of how painful it was. Why did you?”

“...This is gonna be a long story. But…” she leaned back against the couch, and looked up at the ceiling, “You know Quick Draw’s dad, right?”

I wasn’t entirely sure where she was going with that point, but I had to reply. “...Yes? Why?”

“To make a long story short, he was my commanding officer when I was still in the force,” she explained, “And he made me take time away from you, claiming that having me around would make you too emotionally dependent on me.”

Bold claims. Bold claims indeed. But that didn’t satisfy my desire for the truth. “Okay...I hear that. Trust me, I do. But I want to know more. Where exactly have you been for the last decade and a half?”

Rights still couldn’t make eye contact with me. She sat upright, and rubbed one of her hooves behind her neck. “I...the mission was a simple relocation effort. I was the top captain in all of Manehattan, and everything so I had the absolute best skill when it came to dealing with city conflict. So...they re-assigned me to Chicoltgo.”

“Wait a minute, what?” I raised a brow, “But Chicoltgo is one of the safest cities in the world! Why would you even need to go there?”

My words must have tickled her for some reason. Rights reacted with a rather distant chuckle. “...Hehe. And just why do you think that is, son? Chicoltgo is a beautiful place now, but when you were younger, it was filled with lots of crime. Not as bad as Manehattan or Las Pegasus, but still enough to cause concern since our numbers were rather low there.”

I had to take a moment to process what I had just heard. Something about it still didn’t sit right. “...That still doesn’t explain why you had to be gone for fifteen years…”

“Shit was...b-bad, son,” Rights said with a shaky tone of voice, “I saw so many hostage situations and armed robberies that it was hard to keep up with everything. Luckily for me, not too many of the criminals were inclined to murder--but it was still horrible.”

Horrible enough to demand her services for over a decade? But the amazing part was the knowledge that she played a part in quelling the excess crime in that city and helped it become the booming culture phenomenon known for its pizza, buckball teams, jazz bands, the Chicoltgo theater, various radio stations, and a bunch of other things.

But I ultimately wanted to ask. “...Just how bad did it get, Miranda?”

She shut her eyes for a moment. I could tell that she weighed on whether or not she should reveal the details to me.

After a moment or two, she finally relented.

“...Some days, it was dealing with a pony trafficking ring. Other days, it was dealing with foreign substances brought in by folks from other continents. Then there were loads of other cases such as false accusations levied against many individuals seated in power such as the Mayor of Chicoltgo’s son since he was involved with the Mayor of Vanhoover’s daughter…”

Wait what?!

PreviousChapters Next