• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 246: Plan In Motion

“Alright so here’s the plan,” Sunset took control of the situation rather swiftly, “Pale. You need to stay in this barrier until you fully recover. Twilight, you take the stragglers on the left side while I take the right. Once you fully recover, sir, take the middle. By then, Rainbow Dash should be here with her cavalry.”

“Ooh! Real combat!” Sci-Twi stood on her hind legs and raised her hooves out of excitement, “This is gonna be great for my field studies!”

Sunset shook her head. “Let’s just get going!”

And the two of them exited the barrier before I could say anything.

While I did need to stay back for a bit, I was still ready to jump in at a moment’s notice in order to help Lightning Dust. To be quite honest, it was a treat to watch those two fight in a real scenario. Thanks to the sweet song of the sirens, they--along with Lightning Dust--were able to resist the sense of emotional control that Elytra tried to establish.

On the left I watched as the purple unicorn fired off random, sporadic spells that caused various effects. It was clear that she wasn’t at all used to a combat situation on this scale because she stumbled a bit. A few demons managed to strike her here and there--but wait. She didn’t seem to be upset?

“Aaaand...now!” Her horn flashed, and all the demons who had struck her started to shiver violently before exploding!

POP! POP! POP!

What kind of spell was that?! Some sort of DNA-based counterattack?!

And to the right, Sunset Shimmer was--well, it was somewhat difficult to describe. But apparently she was rather proficient in martial arts. To the point where she could perform spinning kicks and flips that sent various demons flying. This was in spite of her pony biology. I guess her life in the Human world did things to her.

But that wasn’t even all of it. When she started to get swarmed, she activated her fire magic and started to sling molten flame balls all over the place! And would you believe it? There was even more. Her mane was lit ablaze. Why you ask?

A defense mechanism.

She wasn’t perfect. Like Twilight, she still suffered a few blows from blind spots due to the overwhelming numbers of the enemy. However, each one that struck her was inflicted with an inextinguishable black flame that engulfed their entire beings! I could see it in the smug expression on her face as she fought. Her power was on an entirely different level compared to the last time I had seen her.

But the more I thought about it, it hit me. The way the flames drift off her mane reminded me exactly of how Daybreaker’s flames operated. Was it plausible that one of Celestia’s old students had picked up a thing or two? I wondered…

Regardless, I had to stand back up. I knew Scootaloo was in a safe place thanks to Cheerilee, and the sirens’ song motivated me to resist the mind control of Elytra along with everyone else. I had to get back in there.

However, as soon as I tried to charge in, I heard Lightning Dust scream once more. I had a clearer look at what happened. She managed to break through the changeling’s shield and started to fly in whirlwind patterns around the corrupted beast of a mare to trap her within more electricity.

“My life is my own! And you can’t take it away from me!”

Unfortunately, as much as I would’ve liked to see it, Dust’s attacks simply could not damage Elytra. At least, not on their own. At most, she was only able to inflict a state of paralysis on the changeling.

“GAH! Why do you resist so much?! In the end, your past misdeeds won’t be erased! You’ll still have to carry the weight of the decisions you made on your shoulders! Look at Sunset! Even now as she fights, she still--!”

“SHUT UP! You don’t know anything about any of us!” Dust cried out in return. “You’re just cherry-picking and using overly-generalized statements to try and make us feel worse about ourselves! Well guess what? I’ve had it with that garbage! There’s nothing you can do or say to make me feel any worse than I already have! Talk about how I’m worthless, how I have no friends, or how I’m gonna die old and alone! Go ahead! I don’t care anymore! You have no power over me witch!”

“NGH! But how can...how can you resist…?!”

Dust would rattle off one last remark. “You can’t break down what’s already broken.”

That’s when I heard a horn. Not a traditional one for music. No...that was the piercing sound of a war bugle.

HOOOOOONK!

I looked up in the sky to see blue uniforms in a tight formation that barreled through the open air. My heart both dropped and skipped a beat all at once. Were they really ready to handle a deadly scenario like this?

PreviousChapters Next