• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 304: New Family

Due to my curiosity, I decided to stop the wedding preparations for a moment and shift my focus to Cozy and Ms. Rights. I wonder what they could have discussed with each other in the short amount of time? That kid of ours was so enigmatic that it was impossible to pin down what she’d say sometimes.

Much to my relief, Cheerilee was right there to console me and ease my concerns. “Don’t worry yourself so much, dear. I’m sure Cozy is having a wonderful conversation with your mother.”

“I’m sure she is--but I’m just concerned that either of them is going to tell something traumatic that the other isn’t prepared to hear,” I subtly quickened my pace to a prance as I made a beeline for Cozy’s home. “And I’m sure you want to meet Ms. Rights anyway, yeah?”

“Oh you...the ever-concerned daddy,” Cheerilee teased with a giggle as she followed me.

And so we kept going until we arrived at Cozy's place. Just as I predicted, the kid and Ms. Rights were already hitting it off at her dinner table as they drank tea together. Guess she got that one from me.

I knocked on the door, and a few moments passed until Cozy answered it. “Oh, pops! Good timing. Ms. Rights was kinda looking for you. We’re both super excited about your wedding! I was just talking to her about you, in fact.”

“Really?” I looked over her shoulder and into the house itself, “What were you two talking about?”

“Mainly my role in the wedding,” Cozy said, “I wanna be the ring bearer if that’s okay. And...well, there’s something else but it’s a surprise.”

I tilted my head out of curiosity. “A...surprise?”

Cheerilee popped up next to me. “Oh. Do you and Ms. Rights have a plan of sorts?”

Cozy would answer her question. “Er, something like that. She wants to make sure you and Pale have the best wedding ever. Down to the gifts and everything.”

Oh no. I specifically wanted things to be rather relaxed and down to earth. Was my mother going to cause an uproar? Probably not. I really should have confidence in her. But still, it made me worry that she was going to do something crazy. I was starting to get a bit old for surprises. Not that old but still.

“Oh that sounds fun!” Cheerilee replied as she clapped her hooves, “We’ll leave you both alone then. C’mon, dear. We need to make sure the guest list is properly notated.”

I was reluctant at first, but I relented. I could trust Cozy--and Ms. Rights especially. They were easily the most important folks on this planet to me.

“Alright, kiddo…” I pat her on the head with a smile, “Don’t summon any ursa majors or anything, okay?”

Cozy giggled as she brought me in closer for a hug. “...I won’t, dad. Now go on. I think mom wants you for something.”

I turned my head and I could see Cheerilee pulling at my right hind leg with her tail. Somehow she had wrapped it around my limb and had slowly pulled me towards her.

“We need to get my dress and your suit measured at the Boutique, Pale! Let’s go!”

Unable to resist, I went right along with her and left Cozy behind with Rights. “Okay, I’ll be right there. Just...stay safe, kiddo!”


I loved my mom and dad.

Wow. That felt so weird yet satisfying to say at the same time. But it was true. They were both amazing ponies who did everything they could to keep everyone around them happy. Myself included.

That’s why my conversation with Ms. Rights was so important. I needed to learn even more about him so that I could make everything perfect.

I closed the front door and went back to the dining room table where I sat with the older mare.

“...So you’re retired now?” I asked, “How did Vinyl Scratch even manage to locate you in the system?”

She put down her teacup, and replied. “Ah, well--you leave some things behind when you least expect, I suppose. Somepony would’ve found out that I was alive either way. I just never wanted my boy to lose sight of what he wanted in life and chase after me on some grand mission.”

Which is crazy since that’s pretty much what pops did for me. He dedicated a good portion of his life to make sure that I could come out and have a second chance. All I could do in response was laugh nervously. “Haha...yeah…”

Ms. Rights quickly caught on, and placed a hoof on my head. “Oh no no no. That wasn’t a jab at you, sweetie. I’m actually glad he focused so hard on you. You were...a beacon of potential, to put it lightly.”

“And...what do you think of me now?” I asked.

She looked me dead in the eyes and cracked a smile. “You remind me of me.”

PreviousChapters Next