• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 300: My Proposal

Silence from her. Cheerilee had frozen in place--staring at the ring. It felt as if the entire universe had frozen itself also. Not a single soul made a noise or stirred as my question lingered in the air.

Behind Cheerilee, I could see the Mayor who had just exited her office step out to witness the scene unfold in front of her. She was sweating bullets, and shook in place. If I had to venture a guess, she was scared stiff from anxiety over whether or not her best friend would accept the proposal.

And behind myself, I could hear the door to the Town Hall open up. I was able to sense that my crew, Cozy Glow, and Ms. Rights had all decided to chase after me out of curiosity. Likely due to the fact that I slipped away without telling anyone where I went. I blame it mostly on the social tension that was created by such an uptight event that was attended by so many high profile individuals.

Regardless, that was behind me now. Everything that I had worked towards had built up to this moment. But due to the overly awkward silence that ensued, I decided to break it.

“...Cheery? Do you...do you want to get--I mean...it’s fine if you don’t. I just wanted to see if you had warmed up to the--”

I was cut off when her hoof was placed over my lips. Cheerilee had finally snapped out of her frozen stupor.

Her voice was shaky. Combined with how quiet it was, her low voice was able to echo around the room at an eerie level. “...Pale?” she asked.

“Yes?” I answered after a moment’s hesitation.

“Before I answer that question, I want you to know how I feel…”

That made sense. As much as it ate me up inside as I waited for a ‘yes’ or ‘no’, I respected the fact that she wanted to give a more detailed answer than I initially expected. “Of course, hon. You can tell me anything,” I said with a nervous smile.

“The idea of marriage has always scared me. I thought I would never find love, and that I wouldn’t be as successful as my sister because my parents put so much pressure upon me,” she explained as she looked down at the floor. “But now, I can most certainly say without hesitation…”

I swallowed a lump of fear in my throat. “...Yes?”

The next thing I knew, I felt myself tackled to the floor and pelted by what felt like a barrage of kisses. After a moment of excessive loving, I felt Cheerilee stop to take a breath. “Yes! Yes I absolutely will marry you! I can’t think of anypony else that I’d rather spend the rest of my life with. You are absolutely everything that I could ever want from a stallion. But more importantly, I know that you’ve always desired somepony that you could talk to and understand on a personal level. But you’ve never had that privilege...until now…”

I glanced up at her--my cheeks beet red as I tried to go into greater detail. “Well...yes. That, and the fact that I don’t want to lose you. By getting married, I’ll have a higher sense of motivation to always return home. Not just to the family I love, but my new wife as well.”

“Oh...oh you charmer--I could just--”

I had to cut her off again and started to whisper with an exaggerated tone. “...Shhhh! Cheery, we’re still in public! The Mayor and my friends can see us!”

She raised her head, and took a look around. “Psshaw. As if I care what someone else thinks…”

Before I could protest, I felt her lips completely lock with my own with a passionate amount of tongue--

Wait--TMI. I can’t describe much else.

I mean, aside from the fact that I heard all of my friends--family members, as well as the Mayor cheer for us. That day felt good...

PreviousChapters Next