• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,300 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,300

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 112: Family And Friends

And so, to Ponyville Schoolhouse I went. I had to be honest: I had never been there before. I had done all of my schooling at the Officer’s Academy in Manehattan. At the age of fifteen, I had actually joined SMILE first--which is the reason why Chief Sweetie Drops knew who I was. When I was sixteen, I completed my first solo mission, and when I was seventeen, I had defeated my first monster. Nothing really insane to write home about, honestly. From there, I decided to leave and took my credentials to the Officer’s Academy. I had gotten tired of fighting just monsters and wanted to deal with the real monsters--us. So at eighteen, I joined the Academy, met Quick Draw and Corkscrew, and in just two years, graduated with degrees in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Police Science, and Corrections.

Oh buck. Here I was, going off about stuff that no one wanted to hear.

I had to admit, it was kind of exciting despite having hundreds of things on my mind at once. Just who was that gargoyle? Was she really related to Scorpan? And if so, how? A lot of it could only be answered by individuals who were around long enough from that time period--in fact, just what were their lifespans? Gah. It was so much to think about. Not to mention this Elytra Changeling or whoever she was. Seriously, who in the hay thought it was a good idea to just leave a highly destructive pool of acid alone? I wasn’t upset at Starswirl because in all fairness, he had no idea what it was at the time. Still, the fact that he didn’t at least tell anypony about it was enough to reduce my faith in him.

But that was neither here nor there. Anyway, I was interested to see how Cheerilee’s old students had turned out along with what sort of curriculum that she had for them when they were younger. It would give me a lot of things to go off of when thinking about the future of this generation and those living within it.

“Heh, this’ll be nice, I suppose. It’ll take my mind off things…”

“Mr. Pale!” a young mare’s voice cried out to me.

I turned, and found Sweetie Belle. She hurriedly pranced up to me and walked alongside me towards the Schoolhouse. “There you are. So you’re heading to the Reunion too?”

I nodded. “Yes. Well, I’m mostly going to see how Cheerilee’s job has treated her these past few decades and how you and your friends have turned out.”

“Oh, then you’re in for a treat,” she said with a gleaming smile with her head turned to her saddlebags, “I’ve got loads of cool things that I wanna show off to my old classmates. You’re gonna love it too.”

That sounded promising. “Ooh, cool. By the way, are you and your sister okay after the whole...situation that occurred a few days ago?”

“Hm? Oh yeah, we’re fine. I heard Rarity mumbling something about a name, though. Scor...Scor-something.”

“Scorpan?” I asked.

Sweetie looked at me with a concerned set of eyes. “Yeah, that’s the one. Know anything about it?”

I hesitated for a moment before I answered. “Well...there’s a lot involved, let’s say. If that really was one of Scorpan’s relatives, then it means their magic has been harnessed somehow. Gargoyles are strange creatures from far beyond Equestria. So we don’t know as much as we could.” I sighed, and looked straight ahead--the Schoolhouse wasn’t that far now. “Still...I have lives to protect above all else. Lives that I can’t afford to witness leave the mortal plane.”

The unicorn rolled her eyes. “Sheesh. Dramatic, much? It’s not like we’re all gonna get turned into dust at the stomp of somepony’s hoof. You’re starting to sound like Rarity’s husband.”

Hm. Was I now? Moreover, I was curious as to just who that was. I didn’t recall whether or not Rarity had a wedding like Pinkie Pie and Big Mac had. So for Belle to throw out the term ‘husband’ had intrigued me to be quite honest.

“Heh. Do I, really? What’s he like anyways?”

“He’s a bit older than you,” she explained, “Been through loads of battles in and out of Equestria, fought in gladiator arenas, I think he even trained under Celestia and Luna with their guards back when they were still ruling. He’s like--super duper strong, and could easily wreck anypony he comes across. Though he likes to hide it, he’s actually a really swell pony. And a nice brother-in-law too. He’s always bringing back gifts from the places he goes to. And Rarity?” she giggled, “Ah, Rarity’s just smitten for the guy. Whenever he comes back home, her face lights up in ways that I’ve never seen before. Our parents love him too--through it was a bit of a hard sell at first since he’s an earth pony with a bunch of weird and strange magic that earth ponies don’t normally have. But they warmed up to him. Anyway yeah, you remind me of him--just a bit less...cold, if that makes any sense.”

Cold? Trained with alicorns? Traveled across Equestria? Controls unnatural magic for someone of his kind? Just what kind of pony did Rarity marry? So many questions that I had little time to answer.

All I did was chuckle in response. “Haha. If only he was here the other day when that gargoyle attacked. He would’ve been livid if he saw what that thing almost did to his woman’s home.”

“Oh no, he was,” Sweetie replied rather matter-of-factly, “In fact, she bolted to his house and told him about what happened. After that, he got up and started leading groups of ponies to safety. It was super epic--like he was a Commander of an army or something!”

I wonder...did that explain the chilly feeling in the air once we beat the monster? No...couldn’t have been.

“That sounds amazing. I wish I could meet him someday. For now though, I’m gonna focus on being just as loyal to Cheerilee--starting with meeting her old students.” Anyhow, it was time to focus on more important things. We arrived at the Schoolhouse, and trotted up the steps.

“That’s the spirit,” Sweetie replied with a playful nudge. “She said she would be arriving last like old times so if you want, you can come in and meet a few of my old classmates.”

I suppose there were worse things. Plus, it’ll be beneficial to me. “Sure, I’d love to.”

And so, we stepped inside. The classroom had been transformed into a massive party room with tables filled with food and drink. No desks. But there was an open dance floor with music playing in the background courtesy of Vin--er, DJ-PON-3 herself.

I saw Scootaloo in one corner, talking to some of her fellow young adults on how her life as a stunt performer was going.

“Yeah. I might not be Wonderbolt material, but I’ve started to do loads of shows. And I’m a professional buckball player on the side,” she said with a proud flutter of her wings.

“Oooh…” the crowd around her replied in awe.

Applebloom was in another corner discussing how Mage Meadowbrook and Zecora have helped her learn alchemy and how to turn objects into gold.

“Ah’ve been learnin’ from the best. Workin’ on the farm is a side hobby for me--I really wanna pursue other forms of magic that ain’t been discussed enough.” She revealed a small potion, and poured a drop onto one of the cookies that she got from the refreshments table. It turned into solid gold! “Ba-bam!”

“WOAH!” the crowd around her shouted.

Diamond Tiara was talking to some of her friends about her current career. Surprisingly enough, Pipsqueak was right along with her and...wow, he defied his namesake completely. That colt had become huge! Well, the size of Big Mac at least. Still, I wasn’t expecting that.

“It’s been pretty difficult. But with the help of Pip here, our business has skyrocketed.”

He nodded. “Indeed. It’s fun working with Ms. Tiara. Even if she is a bit pushy at times.”

“Uch! No I’m not!”

The Trottish stallion snickered. “Heh! Gotcha!”

“Ugh

How adorable. Silver Spoon was at the other end of the room discussing her family’s glass blowing and sculpting business.

“...that’s right,” I heard her behind the crowd, “We’ve just started working on wedding gifts. So if you need something for your special somepony, we’re the perfect business to call. Our recent hire’s been working twice as fast to fill orders, too!”

She must have been referring to Cozy. I could only imagine how well she was adapting to her new job. And I could also only hope that it was what she truly desired from life.

When I stepped into the middle of the room, I froze. I suddenly felt a negative aura that came from outside. No...it couldn’t be, not now. I pranced over one of the windows, and took a long, hard look out to the empty schoolyard. Was it just my imagination?

That’s when I heard Sweetie Belle throw me under the carriage.

“Everypony!” she grabbed ahold of my hoof, “This is Cheerilee’s coltfriend!”

Everyone in the room stopped to stare at us--well, me in particular.

“Um...hehe….hi there?”

PreviousChapters Next