• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 324: She's Almost Here...

Well that was unexpected. But I guess it made sense. I was being rather overzealous in regards to keeping everything safe. I needed to unwind and just enjoy myself. After all, when Cheerilee showed up, everything was going to get even more rowdy. Good thing I didn’t procure any alcohol for this event.

Much to the disappointment of another friend of mine.

“Aw, c’mon, brudda--where’s da booze?”

I looked over and saw Babs had appeared. Her outfit was fittingly minimal. A simple green camo dress jacket, and two simple hoop earrings. That was about right for someone like her.

“Oh, hey--you made it!”

Babs looked at me with a sly grin. “Of course I made it, dawg. Youse one’a my only friends from childhood who ain’t in jail or somethin’. In fact, there’sa bit-a irony in da fact that youse ended up becomin’ a cop. Ain’t dat crazy?”

Oh don’t even get me started. The other foals Babs and I used to hang around more than likely had terrible home lives with bad parents. Babs and I were extremely lucky to have each other’s backs in that brief amount of time we knew each other. I was eternally grateful.

“Indeed,” I said with a nod, “But thankfully, everyone here is on the up and up. One of the greatest threats to Equestrian safety has been vanquished. And me? Well...I couldn’t be happier to finally be with the mare I love.”

She nudged me with her hoof. “Dat’s the spirit, homeboy. Proud of ya. You deserve all-a dis.”

Yeah I guess she was right. Though, ‘deserve’ was a strong word. I wasn’t entitled to any of this, really. I simply worked my flank off, and things happened to work out for me in the end.

“I agree with you to a fault,” I said back, “I don’t think I can say I deserve much of anything. The universe doesn’t owe me some sort of cosmic debt. I just make my own way through life, and accept whatever comes. And if I don’t like what comes, I’ll change it.”

Babs was visibly stunned by what I had said for a second. As if she had to give it some hard thought. “...Change it for yaself, huh?”

“Of course, it helps when you have a supporting set of individuals who are there for you. For me, it was all of my crewmates. And for you, it was your cousin and her friends.”

“Dat makes sense,” she replied, and took a look around, “Speakin’-a which. Where are they? I’d expect Cuz and her friends to be here for their old teacha’s wedding.”

I had a hunch as to where the Crusaders were. “They’re likely serving as the bridal party at the moment. Probably escorting Cheerilee here as we speak.”


About one block away…

The Crusaders and I were getting Cheerilee ready. It was so exciting! The Mayor said she was going to stop by when it was time, which gave us enough wiggle room to make sure everything on her was perfect.

“Is everything ready, Cozy?” Cheerilee asked me with bated excitement. “Are you prepared for us to finally be together?”

I already knew where my heart lied on the subject. It was more than I could ever ask for. Something I never would have dreamed of having when I arrived into this world: A loving set of parents and a happy family.

“Absolutely,” I said, “You and Pale deserve each other. I mean that. This is going to be the best moment in history--because you’re always there for each other. It makes me feel as if I should follow your example and search for love the same way…”

Cheerilee put a hoof on my shoulder. “With all you’ve done, I don’t think you need to force yourself to find love like I tried to do. You’re beautiful, and thus, love will come your way if you desire it.”

I looked down with a bit of a concerned expression. It quickly turned into a more hopeful one. “...You think so?”

“I’m certain of it. You have my full confidence as your mother.”

I heard a knock at the door, and a voice from the other side.

“Cheerilee! It’s your best friend--the Mayor!” she called out, “The Crusaders and I are all waiting for you when you’re ready!”

Ooh, it was time!

PreviousChapters Next