• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 281: Round 2

“You’re stronger than you appear…” Grogar commented with a small chuckle, “It seems that earth pony strength hasn’t faltered over the course of the centuries.”

I flexed both of my forelegs to shake off the tension that had built up from being almost crushed. “Yeah...you could say that. I’ve trained extensively to handle even the most dangerous criminals. You’re no different…”

“Your resolve is strong...but you can’t last forever,” he warned me with an ominous glint in his eyes.

BLAM!

With a stomp of his hooves, the earth itself would warp and reshape itself in an unnatural way. The ground itself along with the rocks that made up the ruins would charge at me with reckless abandon as if they were alive. That’s when I realized…

The entire ground tried to swallow me whole!

In those nanosceonds, I jumped up, and started to leap across the various rocks that were sent my way. It was a dangerous game of parkour that I had been forced to play thanks to the ram’s almighty abilities.

From where he stood, I could tell he was unsatisfied with himself and couldn’t stand the fact that I hadn’t submitted yet. So he ramped up the danger.

SPARK!

With a flash of magic, gravity itself had become lop-sided. “Woah--holy shit!” I shouted as I watched myself float away from the floor, and faceplant against the wall. Or rather, the wall was my new floor, and I was able to witness the ‘floor’ curl up towards me in a tsunami-esque shape that still tried to swallow me whole!

Fortunately, I was just quick enough to evade it. With my own magical perception abilities on lock, I was able to deduce the fact that Grogar had a weak spot. One that I could exploit freely. A main draw that all immortals carried was their arrogance. The sense of being overconfident in their abilities to the point of thinking they were unstoppable. It was a weakness that individuals such as Celestia and even Discord routinely suffered from. So I kept running until I had traveled behind the ram...

And with that in mind, I made my move.

CRACK!

With a hefty slam of my hooves against the wall, I was able to break off the stone of the ruins and generate a platform beneath my body. Once that happened, I started to defy the gravitational pull of his spell from before. I shifted my body weight around until I stood atop the rock platform akin to a surfboard as I rocketed towards the ram from behind…

CRASH!

“ARGH!”

With a hefty, weighted slam, I dive-kicked that rock into Grogar’s body. The sediment disintegrated upon impact with his skin, but it was just enough to force him down to the floor.

To which, I swiftly sprinted, and tackled him with enough force to send him into the nearest wall.

Through the struggle, I just managed to mutter something between my teeth.

“Don’t you see...and understand?” I asked with a strain on my voice, “Why the fight...for free will is important?”

Grogar would reverse this on me in a matter of seconds. A corrupt, abyss of magic would open up beneath me, and catch me in it with the limbs of various monsters holding me in place.

“...Mortals only destroy themselves. Doing this will ensure the safety of the world at large!”

With all of my might, I ripped, and tore away from the various claws and talons that tried to drag me down into...whatever sort of purple darkness that had appeared below me. Once my hooves were free, I immediately jumped off, and punched Grogar directly into the wall once more with enough force to cause spider-web cracks across the rock.

“Geh! Why won’t you give up…” he mumbled as he landed on the floor.

“...you’re a crusty old bastard, you know that? You have no jurisdiction here anymore. You’re from a completely different era and have no right to try and impose your will on us. You’re no better than those who you’ve claimed created you!”


Meanwhile...beneath the Tree of Harmony….

I couldn’t believe it. Pale was actually fighting Grogar! It was crazy because I thought he was a goner, but it turned out that the old ram had been a bit weakened from his deterioration. Lucky for me, that gave me the edge I needed. There was no way a ram could resist a fight against another buck--er, stallion because it was in their nature to stand their ground against other males. Genius.

Now...I just needed to figure out how to completely disable, and sever the Tree’s connection to Grogar so he’ll be even weaker.

PWOOSH!

“...Wha?!” I turned around, and to my utter horror, I saw Pale’s body flung straight upwards and into the sky, followed by a really angry ram who jumped into the air after him.

What the heck had just happened?!

PreviousChapters Next