• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 282: Round 3

“D-dad?! PALE!”

I panicked with my hooves against my cheeks, and pulled my face downwards. It was like something out of a superhero movie! But in the worst way possible since I had no way of understanding what happened.

“Ohgodohgodohgod! What do I do, what can I--”

That’s when I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

“Ahem. Over here, child.”

In my panicked state, I turned around frantically, and whipped my head back and forth to find the source. “Wha, who--what?! Where?!”

At least, my eyes locked onto the Tree of Harmony.

“...I’m up here. It’s me, Discord!”

“Discord?!” I shouted, and flew up to the leaves of the crystalline tree, “You’re alive?!”

I couldn’t see him. His voice was disembodied. But yes, it truly was Discord talking to me.

“Er, sort of,” he went on, “It’s complicated, but I have essentially been removed from the universe. Old sheep-face apparently doesn’t want any competition out there. Hm. Spoilsport, I say.”

That actually scared me to be honest. If Discord could use the Tree’s power to delete anyone he pleased, then that could mean the entire universe was at his mercy.

I started to bite my hoofnails and fly back and forth in an erratic style--akin to pacing across the floor. “Darn it! If Discord was taken down by this thing, then there’s no way I’ll…”

I could hear Discord let out an annoyed groan. I couldn’t tell if he was more irritated by my panicking or by the situation he was currently in. Probably both.

“Ugh...quiet, child. If you want to lose your mind again, then do it elsewhere. Otherwise, I could really use your help.”

I stopped mid-flight, and turned to face the tree. “Wait...you need my help?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Discord replied, “I can’t exactly poof my way out of here since my entire body has been removed. So what you’re going to have to do is--”

As soon as he said that, I already knew what he meant. And I visibly recoiled--almost enough to hit the nearest wall behind me. “W-what?! No! I can’t do that! We know what happened last time…”

“...blech…” I could only assume that Discord was put in an uncomfortable situation by the way he sounded. “Listen, Cozy. This is extremely difficult for me to express, so allow me to say it directly: I...want you to know that you’re an important pony.”

Those words drew me towards the tree. Part of me couldn’t even believe that Discord would say such a thing.

“...Wait...what? What do you mean?” I asked with a nervous tilt of my head.

“You know very well what I mean,” he replied with a sigh, “Fine. I’ll put it to you like this. The bond you share with Pale reminds me quite a bit of mine with Fluttershy. Albeit--yours is more like a father/daughter sort of thing. Whatever the case, you clearly mean a lot not only to him, but to various others who would be upset if you lost your life. It’s...allowed me to think a bit more on what I did to you in the past.”

I fell silent for a moment because I wasn’t sure how to respond. Even now, to hear genuine sorrow from him was beyond strange.

“...I see,” I muttered in response, “I guess you have a point. There’s loads of folks who would be really sad if I croaked. But what does that have to do with what you’re suggesting?”

“Ultimately, it’s up to you,” he explained, “I can’t force you to take my power or anything of the sort. But if you want to have a chance at undoing the damage that Grogar has done, then you would have to listen to me…”

“Hrm…” I weighed my options. Then I came to realize that my options were few and far between in a scenario such as this. If I wanted to keep Pale safe and prevent Grogar from destroying everything, then I had to be strong--no, stronger than him.

I gazed up at the tree with newfound confidence. “Alright...let’s begin.”

PreviousChapters Next