• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 319: Crusaders Of Honor

“Ms. Cheerilee, the fact that yer gettin’ married is easily the most excitin’ thing in the world!” Applebloom cheered.

“For reals!” Scootaloo agreed, “We’re so happy for you! Can you believe that, at one point during our foalhood, we thought you’d end up alone as a crazy cat mare?”

I snickered at the thought. Though, Applebloom didn’t find it quite as funny. I saw her subtly nudge her pegasus friend’s side and mutter something to her.

“Scoots! C’mon now, we agreed that we’d never mention that!”

“Hey it was when we were young and stupid!” Scootaloo protested, “Besides, that’s one of the pluses of getting older. You can laugh at the things you said or did in the past! Right, Cheerilee?”

Oh I knew just how bad it was to cringe at my own past. But they were right. Eventually, it did turn into something you were able to have fun with and laugh at once you got older. Or in my case, it was just “old.”

“You can sort of say that, yes,” I replied with a sigh, “It’s just...so unbelievable.” I stared at myself in the mirror, and recounted how my life had come to this point. To say that I was proud of myself was an understatement. I not only managed to become successful as a teacher, but I ended up with a stallion who loved and supported me. Take that, mom and dad.

Sweetie Belle, who had helped me into it, was the one who snapped me out of my thoughts. “I knew it’d work out. You’re a perfect fit--both for him and the dress. Speaking of which, is your family coming?”

As always, Scootaloo was the first to excitedly speak up. “Ooh! Your sister’s coming, right? Cherry Blossom a.k.a, Mystery Mare!” she squealed with her little wings buzzing.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle exchanged a glance of confusion with each other.

“Erm…” the earth pony mare broke the silence, “Who’s that?”

Scootaloo’s jaw hit the floor. She must’ve been appalled at the fact that her friends didn’t know who she was. Though, I couldn’t blame them. “Don’t you guys know that Mystery Mare is Cheerilee’s twin sister?!” she went on with a slight groan, “Do you guys even watch wrestling?!”

“Nah,” Sweetie said, “It’s not my thing. I personally prefer reality shows.”

Applebloom scoffed. “Feh--Ah barely have enough time to mahself on a good day. But Ah won’t lie, she sounds pretty cool.”

“More like pretty awesome,” Scoots corrected her, and turned her head to me, “Come on, Cheerilee--tell them about her!”

“I could, but we’d be here all day,” I replied, “All you girls really need to know is that Cherry is the best sister anyone could ask for. Which is why she’s certainly being invited to my wedding. It’s because of her that I can defend myself as well as I can. She actually taught me a few of her--”

Scootaloo’s eyes shot open and her ears twitched. “What?! You have to show me--”

“Maybe, at some point in the future, Scoots,” I had to turn her down because I wasn’t exactly prepared to do all of that craziness on a whim. “At the moment, I still have to plan some things out…”

Applebloom asked a question next. “Whattabout the rest of yer family? Are they comin’?”

“Nope,” I answered simply, “My parents aren’t exactly the most supportive, so I decided to not invite them. Which is why I invited you girls over to ask you a question.”

“And what would that be, Cheerilee?” Sweetie asked.

I turned around to look at them all. “...How would all of you like to be my maids of honor?”

“...”

Silence filled the room. All three of the Crusaders stared at me with their mouths agape for what felt like forever.

After a minute or two, I spoke up with a concerned tilt of my head. “Uh...girls? Are you okay?”

That’s when I heard a knock at the door.

PreviousChapters Next