• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 250: Demon Exam

It was a difficult situation to say the least. Whichever path we went down, it would utterly doom us to never find out what lied behind the other. I had also considered the idea of splitting up, but I knew that was a bad idea. Why? That was more than likely what Grogar wanted us to do. He wanted us to split up so that we would lose the stability that we gave each other mentally.

Through all of my time as an officer I swore to myself that I would never fall in love due to situations just like this one. I never wanted my significant other to fall victim to the nonsense that would normally be inflicted upon me. However...over time, I realized that Cheerilee was not only a great life partner, but a great pony in general. She’s smart, she’s funny, she’s strong, but knows when to properly criticize and get on my case about something so that I may improve. And of course, whenever she needed me through her own tough times or moments of self-reflection, I would always be there to support her through whatever she had trouble with.

I wonder what she had been thinking at that moment...


Here I am. Never thought I would fall in love, honestly. All the time that I had been alive with all the things that I’ve seen--even as a regular old schoolteacher, it was nothing compared to the insanity that I regularly found Equestria in. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I always knew that my students would have to carve their own path in order to make history. Not by relying on the accomplishments of others to get them by.

And Pale--he was something alright. Certainly proved me wrong when I thought I would never love somepony else again. But why? Well, he was prideful, strong, courteous, yet flawed and...hurt. I had this overwhelming desire to see him happy. Just like me, he had gone through so much heartbreak over the years. While I didn’t enjoy talking to my parents all that much anymore, I could--at the very least--say that they raised my sister and I well enough for us to forge our own paths.

But he...had no one to bring him up, or show him the right path to take. It’s honestly a miracle in itself the way he turned out, given that most foals lacking their parents’ guidance ended up...in bad places. Even so, I would do my best to grant him that kindness that he desperately needed--even if he didn’t show it often.

With that in mind, what would be the best way to approach this…?


About a minute had passed with Cheerilee and I having put our minds to this to decide which way to go.

In the end, I made a hard choice.

“...Cozy can take care of herself,” I said, “She’s smarter than anyone else alive today. We need to figure out what this unknown disturbance is.”

I could see Cheerilee’s conflicted eyes shift back and forth for a moment until she finally came to a conclusion. “I...I suppose you have a point. There’s no way she would lose when the stakes are this high. Meanwhile, it could be anything or anypony headed in this direction. We have to figure out what it is, and get to Cozy as fast as we can.”

So our decision was set in stone. We would head down the path of the unknown.

But I could almost guarantee that whoever lied in wait for us wasn’t going to expect the fact that we were about to show up together. That fork in the path back there in the hallway was meant to split us up, after all. Our enemy was in for a rather rude awakening.

Soon, we found our culprit for the source of the disturbance: Starlight Glimmer’s office. Of course. I had been here once before, and our adversary wanted us to return to face more trouble. Well, we’ll see how far that gets them.

“This is it,” I commented as I ran up to the office door, “There’s no time like the present!”

BLAM!

With our combined force, we knocked down the door in preparation for traps or anything set in anticipation for us to arrive. Except…

The room was dark. Pitch black. It felt like our senses were cut off from us for a second. But one things was for certain, I knew that something was about to--

“...? …!”

My ear flicked. I heard the sound of mechanical whirring beneath Cheerilee. In an instant, I sprung into action in order to keep her out of harm’s way.

“GAH!” I tackled, and pushed her out of the way.

“AH!” As a result, she was forcefully flung out of the room, and into the hallway. Hopefully where no one in this room could see her.

The lights in the room came on, and I found my hooves trapped in a set of magical chains that kept me rooted to the floor. And behind Starlight’s desk, there he was. I locked eyes with the unicorn that opposed me from the very beginning.

“...Neighsay,” I scowled with a huff, “Can’t believe he let you out.”

“Hmph,” was all he replied with. Neighsay gestured to the other side of the room, “Gaze.”

I turned my head to the left, and saw...oh my goodness.

Sweetie Belle, Tempest Shadow, Starlight Glimmer, and Trixie were all captured, and sleeping within a giant magical cube of sorts.

More magical experimentation?!

PreviousChapters Next