• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,239 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,239

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 206: Confrontation

The next morning, in Ponyville…

Okay, Flash Drive had been gone for more than a few days. I was starting to get worried, so I hightailed it over to Pale and Cork’s place. Y-y'know. In case there was a possibility of him having already returned and reported back. Right?

I practically burst into that office, and shouted. “Guys! Hello?! Is Flash Drive back yet?!”

I saw Corkscrew at his desk. For a split-second, he was asleep with a comic book on his face. But as soon as I slammed through the doors, he fell out of his seat.

“Waah!” he yelped as he hit the floor, then let out a groan of pain. “Agh...dammit.”

Whoops. I shut the door behind me, and flew over to see if he was okay. “...Sorry about that, Cork. Uh...I’m just a bit nervous for Drive.” I extended a hoof to pick him up.

Thankfully, my fellow pegasus friend was okay. He obliged, and let me bring him off the floor. “Eh? Oh yeah! Drive went out to Zebrica a day or two ago. Then Neon also went down there. Huh.” He played it off with a shrug. “Meh, I’m sure they’ll be fine. Relax, Gutsy.”

But I didn’t think so. I needed to make sure for myself. After all, I had worked with Flash Drive for many years up to that point. If anypony knew about him and how he operated, it was me.

“...I appreciate the input Cork, but--”

He stopped and rolled his eyes at me. “Let me guess. You’re going to completely ignore any warning I offer you, and head off on your own anyways. Am I right? I have a feeling I’m probably on the nose here.”

Even if he was right, I wasn’t gonna let him have the satisfaction. So I seamlessly avoided that comment. “Anyway. How has Cozy been? You haven’t noticed anything weird with her, I hope?”

Luckily for me, he bought right into my little question, and dropped the previous topic. “Oh, Cozy? Last I checked, she said she had the occasional night terror here and there. Pale and the others are doing what they can to help her.”

“Hrm…” It all sounded very suspicious. It had to have something to do with the Zebra issue that had gone on in their territory. I could feel it. Something about all of this just struck me as...too coincidental. If that made any sense. Between all of the monster attacks and the Leviathan that Quick and I dealt with, this was certainly being coordinated.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Could those evil Zebras be the ones behind all of this nonsense and the main source behind the desire to bring Grogar back? If so, it’s nothing short of genius. Equestria can’t legally engage in foreign affairs without a reason to do so. By the time Twilight and the other higher-ups found out, we’d be up to our knees in this.

Did it make complete sense? Maybe, maybe not. But I wasn’t gonna sit idle and let these things happen before we’d have a chance to react.

“...Cork. I gotta go--YOW!”

But before I could leave, I felt his teeth sink into my tail. “Oh no ya don’t--ptoo!” he spat it out, “You’ve already endured enough after dealing with that sea monster. Let the Trottingham brothers handle this, yeah?”

I rubbed my tail to ensure it wasn’t damaged, and replied with a huff--smoke exited my nostrils. “Hrmph. Fine.”

Guess I would just have to put my faith in them…


Meanwhile, in Zebrica…

Dawn had just hit us. Zecora’s smoke signal had went off and filled the air with a colorless waft that was only perceptible to her own. It was made from an interesting brew that I had to find out the recipe on at some point.

But curiously, my brother Neon was nowhere to be found. I’d hate to think of what might’ve happened if he ended up in the hooves of these awful Zebs that ran this place. However, at the same time, I felt confident. Neon could handle himself and that he would be free in no time.

The plan was already set into motion. Among the hybrid ponies, we focused our efforts on the ones who were too injured to fight. Those with children were also assisted. We snuck them out of the town, and back to the port where I had initially arrived from.

“Will your folks be able to catch that smoke signal?” I asked Zecora as we walked.

She nodded, and pointed out towards the port. “They are already on their way by boat. These innocents will be taken care of from tail to coat. The Zebras of Farasi are magical experts with medicinal and combat. After that, Flash Drive, we will find your brother bat.”

So she could tell that he had gone missing too, eh? Nothing gets past her. Despite this, part of me wanted to make sure things went as smoothly as possible before we jumped on the idea of all-out war.

We stopped at the port where a boat had indeed been stationed. And several other boats next to it! Zecora absolutely did not skimp out when it came to her cavalry.

“Hot damn,” I muttered under my breath.

The hybrids were given sanctuary, and their wounds were treated by the Farasi Zebras upon their entry. We received many a thank-you from the hybrid ponies who were now free...for the time being. All of it...it wounded me to watch. Yes they were safe now, but no amount of healing could repair broken bonds and families that they may have lost.

And...that wasn’t something I wished on my enemies. If it could be avoided, I’d like to avoid putting more through the same sort of suffering.

That’s when I thought about it some more, and turned to face her. “Lady Z. I have a prompt before the operation begins. Will you hear me out?”

“Oh? You have a question for me? Well, go on. I encourage those around me to speak freely,” she replied.

“...Alright. Essentially, I want to head back and speak with their leader,” I explained firmly, “I don’t want this to get anymore bloody than required--if necessary. So I will speak to them and offer a warning of how much overwhelming force we have at the ready.” I took a deep breath, and finished my piece. “...If they refuse, then we attack.”

Zecora paused. Her face...unreadable. “...Do what you must. In you, I have put my trust.”

It was worrisome to be sure, but I had to do this. At least for the sake of giving it a shot. “...Thanks, Zecora.”

With that, I was off.

PreviousChapters Next