• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 254: Saved By The Light

SKRRRT!

The magical glass shard had been forced to stop mid-flight in an instant. But how? Who?! I had to be another source of magic that pulled on it but from where?!

That’s when I looked back over to the area where those mares had been imprisoned. And one of them managed to rise to their hooves in the nick of time just to save us all.

“I….I no longer have doubts….blegh...” Starlight muttered with a dry heave. Her mane was in shambles, and her face was covered in bruises. Just what did she endure before she was put here?! “...H-hurry...I can’t…” In her weakened state, her horn’s aura started to flicker and fizzle out over time. She wouldn’t be able to maintain control of it for much longer.

But what could I do? My limbs were still chained to the floor, and I couldn’t even crouch down low enough to attempt to bite through them. How could I--

ZAP!

Once more, from that end of the room, I could make out a flash of green magic that was fired towards me. As soon as it made contact with the shackles that I had been placed in, they were turned to dust!

If my memory served right, only Sweetie Belle had that dull-green aura to her magic. Was she really the one to master such a spell that could--you know what, now wasn’t the time to worry about that.

I took off without a moment’s notice, and tackled Cheerilee out of the way. We both hit the floor nearby with a powerful THUD, which thankfully managed to snap her out of her rage-filled stupor.

“Ow! Pale--wh--what’s going on??”

I didn’t say anything. There was no need. Cheerilee was able to see for herself what was about to transpire.

Starlight, with the last of her stamina, approached Neighsay with a few limp steps. “You’re the exact kind of thing that I was in danger of becoming. The type of pony that I wanted to be. But I can see now more than ever that individuals such as yourself don’t deserve to walk on this earth. You should have stayed down in Tartarus but now...I have something more...interesting in mind…”

The demon stallion scoffed as he lied there, now cornered. “...You have nothing left to finish me with. I was going to make you and everyone else stronger! Strong enough to where we could defeat any new threat that comes our way! But I see now that I’ve wasted my efforts. So I may as well make one final grand exit…”

His horn flashed, and before I could react, he projected a magical force field that was powerful enough to send Starlight through the air, and into the wall at the end of the room. She hit the floor, and was knocked completely out cold.

I got up, and couldn’t even pierce it with my bare hooves. It was his last-ditch effort to make an escape. “Bastard!” I snarled, “Come out of there and face me directly. This is between us and no one else. Tell me what you know about my mother!”

A portal started to open up beneath him, “Sorry. But I have better things to do than reminisce about the past.”

“Oh really?” a voice said from the entrance to the office, “Not even any time for me?”

We all looked up to see who it was.

“Kid?!”

Cozy had appeared with a few bumps and bruises. Aside from that, the kid was as confident, and straightforward as ever.

“Back up, Pops. Let me handle this…”

I noticed that Neighsay had stopped his attempt at an exit. Somehow, Cozy’s presence made him hesitate for whatever reason. Honestly? I wasn’t about to question it since I knew I would have my answer momentarily.

Cozy stepped forward, and called the old man out. “You know I’m the one you want. You know what you’ve done to me, and to my family. So why don’t you cut the crap, and finally own up to what’s happened.”

Both Cheerilee and I were rightfully confused. Neither of us had any idea of what she was talking about.

“Kid…” I spoke quietly, “What do you mean? What has he done? And if so, why haven’t I known about it?”

“Because…” Cozy replied as Neighsay closed the portal beneath himself, “He also experimented on my parents as well.”

Cheerilee nearly screamed her head off as she stood up. “Is this true?! How could you--when did you--you better have a good explanation!” I don’t think I’ve ever seen her face get so scrunchy and red at the same time. It went from fuschia to beet-red from her pent-up aggression real quick.

And to be honest? I didn’t know whether I should have restrained her or Neighsay first...

PreviousChapters Next