• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 306: Tales Of Love

“Hang on,” I stopped myself before we went any further, “I thought I heard you were always more interested in singing than running Rarity’s business. What happened?”

“Oh--oh! Don’t worry about that,” she waved her hoof downwards, “I’m still in the process of getting my music picked up by various radio companies. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m pretty darn good at it. So everyone wants a piece of my voice--metaphorically speaking that is. Not literally--that’d be weird.”

Well that was certainly nice to hear. In fact, that got me wondering about everyone else. How were other folks that I had met on my journey doing up to this point? Yes, while they were witnesses and did act as informants to assist me on my way, it’s not like that’s all they were good for. Hopefully I’d be able to follow up with them at some point, but…

For the moment I had to focus on my new suit. That’s when I realized I didn’t have much of a color preference and more so enjoyed simply talking to Sweetie Belle. I hate how sociable I can be sometimes.

“I see. So um…” I tried to bring the conversation back to the clothes.

“Oh right--getting off-track. Anyway--I think Ms. Cheerilee will like the selection of red and black dresses we have--though I guess it’ll be Mrs. now that she’s getting married…” Sweetie Belle sighed. “It feels like just yesterday when my friends and I were--” She stopped herself. “Wait, sorry. I shouldn’t talk about that. It’s in the past and my friends and I were dumb as rocks back then.”

That got a good chuckle out of me. At least self-awareness wasn’t lost on the ponies of the current year.

“I’m sure Cheery won’t hold it against you,” I explained, “After all, you three were just doing what you thought was best for your teacher. Even if it was kinda crazy.”

“Hehe. You’re telling me,” Sweetie Belle agreed, “But even so, I’m super happy that she’s finally found somepony special that’ll love and take care of her.”

As much as it pained me to ask, I felt like I had to. “...You and your friends were aware of how lonely she was, huh? I bet that’s why you’re all so excited.”

Sweetie bit her bottom lip and turned away from me. “Yeah, I guess you could say something like that. We were so worried that Cheerilee would spend the rest of her life by herself and become a crazy old cat lady.”

The thought of that made me snort. Was there even any truth to such a stereotype? You know what, I actually didn’t want to find out. Cats were a mess.

“...Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore,” I assured her, “I’ll take good care of your old teacher. Promise you that.”

“So long as you make sure to take care of yourself,” Sweetie lectured me in return, “Rarity would always go out of her way to do things for others to the point where she’d burn herself out. Cheerilee was kinda the same too. So please don’t end up the same way.”

Yeah I could see that. For Sweetie Belle, her sister and her old teacher were probably two of the most important ponies in her life. I couldn’t peer directly into her mind, but it was entirely plausible that she had an aversion to overworking oneself and wanted everyone around her to be able to relax--and if they weren’t, it’d be hard for her to stay quiet about it.

Wait a minute, I was off the clock. Why was I still going on these mental analyses?

“Understood. By the way, has Cheerilee picked out the dress she wanted yet?” I asked.

Sweetie craned her neck towards the other dressing room. “That’s a very good question…”

And I also couldn’t help but wonder what Cozy and Miranda had been talking about with each other...


Back at Cozy’s home…

“...and that, my dear--is how you stop a train full of gangsters and her cronies from smuggling.”

The story had captivated me up until the very end! I had to applaud her a little with a clap of my hooves. “Wow, that’s amazing! But I wonder what you used the rubber chicken for…”

“You’ll find out when you’re older, kiddo.”

Of course. Classic response. Though there was still something else that ate away at me as I spoke with her. Something that I felt was really important to understand her all the way.

“...Ms. Rights? Just why did you leave? Were you called away on some big assignment or did something happen between you and Pale?”

Ms. Rights paused, and set her teacup down. After a moment, she let out a long sigh. “Ah...knew this would come up eventually. I need to explain this to my boy anyway, so I may as well be honest with you. The reason why I left is because...I had no choice. It was either that or lose the ability to ever see him again.”

“...What?!”

PreviousChapters Next