• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 261: Plan Organization III

“What’s the situation?” I asked.

Sunburst levitated a scroll in front of himself, and started to read it.

“Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Luster Dawn, and everyone in Ponyville, I regret to inform you that we’re under attack by a mysterious force that none of us are prepared to deal with. Both Canterlot and the Crystal Empire have been swept up in chaotic warfare--blindsided by unknown types of magic. Cadance and I have agreed that the best course of action is to evacuate immediately. Once I get in contact with Celestia and Luna, we can all combine our powers to properly deal with this threat. Until then you need to keep everypony safe. Start transporting everypony North and don’t stop moving. That goes doubly so for Pale Vestige and the rest of his crew. We can’t afford to stand up to this threat, so they need to put their pride aside and make the right decision. Thank you.”

---Princess Twilight Sparkle

“What?!” Corkscrew was the first to react to the decree from the princess, “So we’re all just supposed to run and hide like a bunch of cockroaches while the bombs fall?!”

Quick expressed her annoyance with a small snort. “Hmph. Classic diversion. Reign in the subjects and let the strong handle everything.”

Moments later, Flash Drive appeared on the podium next to me via teleportation. “Mate. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of running. It’s all we’ve known our entire lives. And if we continue to do so, we won’t accomplish anything.”

His brother Neon landed on the stage as well, and added to what the half-zebracorn said. “Righto. Shelling off with our snags between our legs won’t solve nay a thing, friends.”

Lastly, Guttersnipe joined us with a hefty drop that somewhat startled me. “I won’t abandon my friends. But...I also understand what Twilight is saying. It’s up to you, Pale. What would you have me do?”

Once my comrades finished their inputs, I glanced over to Cozy and Cheerilee. The both had anxious looks on their faces--the kid in particular was stuck looking at the ground. Unable to make eye contact with me.

Then it hit me. A sea of guilt was awash over Cozy Glow due to the fact that she knew Grogar was after her in particular. All of this stemmed back to her, and she had realized in those few moments once the note had been read off of.

I was about to say something until other members of the crowd started to voice their own concerns.

“Are ya’ll serious?!” Applebloom cried, “The Apple Family alone has over a century’s worth of history ‘round these parts. What would Ah look like turnin’ tail right now and lettin’ our who livelihood get trampled by some dumb demon curse?!”

Diamond Tiara was next. “I agree with Applebloom because I’m in a similar situation. My mom and dad have worked hard to keep the legacy of our family safe. But if we were to give up now, then everything would be tarnished--soiling the ground that my great-grandfather helped to create. I won’t let that happen!”

“She’s right!” Pound Cake hovered above the crowd to speak up, “Just like theirs, my family has done too much to leave this place in shambles. I’d rather die standing than live kneeling!”

Next to him, I could see Flurry Heart stare up at him with a blank sense of wonder and a faint blush on her cheeks. She must have been really impressed with what he said…

And while that was all well and good, I couldn’t just take their words and run with it. There were various other factions present who deserved to give their own input as well.

“...I...understand that. Thank you,” I replied, “However, let’s keep in mind that we have other races here that need to give off their own perspective as well. It’d be rude to force them to fight for what is ultimately our own--”

I was cut off when Ember flew above the crowd, followed by Smolder.

“Ahem,” the blue dragonness called out, “I speak on behalf of my friends when I say that we dragons are more than willing to fight alongside the ponies.”

“Are you absolutely sure?” I asked them both, “I wouldn’t want to go on record with having put you in an uncomfortable position.”

Smolder perked up, and threw in her point of view. “After everything we’ve been through together in this world, there’s nothing we can’t handle! Dragons don’t just give up when things get difficult. We fight twice as hard!”

Before I could properly address the griffons, a particular one had flown into the air next to speak on behalf of them.

A scruffy older female griffon to be exact. “Rainbow Dash and Gallus helped my folks stick together,” Gilda said, “If Grogar screws over Ponyville, then Griffonstone is surely next. Not on my watch.”

“Yeah!” A younger adult griffon with gray feathers flew up next to Gilda, “No matter who our enemy is, they won’t keep us from keeping our home safe!”

After that, various other individuals made their piece. The zebras, Terramar and Silverstream, changelings, the whole nine yards. They all reiterated the same sentiment regarding the fact that they truly wanted to stand and fight further despite the risks involved.

Part of me felt like there was something missing. Did they really mean what they said?

PreviousChapters Next