• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 251: Failed Experiments

This was a fine predicament wasn’t it? I could only hope that Cheerilee managed to avoid being detected and could figure out some sort of way to save those mares while I did my best to stall. Neighsay was an individual who marveled in his sense of theatrics.

So why not take advantage of it?

“So let me try to grasp an understanding of what’s going on here. You’re still trying to perform these unlawful experiments even after your involvement with such things is what got you killed in the first place?” I almost laughed, “Really? Are you that incompetent?”

“Funny, but you forget to comprehend that this was all premeditated,” he replied from behind the desk, “I am still fighting for the survival of our species. By any means necessary.”

Was he serious? I honestly couldn’t tell after all this time. His voice was always a mix of sarcastic and cryptic that was hard to read.

I raised a brow. “...You kidding? You really expect me to believe that after all the things you’ve done while you were alive? You deserve to stay dead. No one is going to remember you.”

“Whether or not they remember me is irrelevant,” he shot back as he rose from the desk, “I want to be known for my actions even after I’m gone. I never wanted it to get this far and yet I suppose that is what happens when the powers above you make all the decisions...”

I didn’t quite understand. What was he trying to accomplish here? He knew he was in the wrong, yet still claimed he did the right thing. I had to at least give Cheerilee some time to bail us out.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, “Explain yourself. What do you mean by ‘your actions’? What actions are you referring to?”

The undead unicorn levitated some documents from drawers behind the desk. On them were diagrams of pony anatomy. “You are aware of the experiments that I conducted, yes?”

Ah, yes. His ‘experiments’ that tried to brute-force beyond the limitations of what we could normally accomplish on our own. But done so without any approval of those over him, and on various sets of parents including Sunset Shimmer’s. Part of me was fascinated by it, but ultimately, his methods were entirely unethical.

“I do remember, yes…” I replied with a huff, “Why? Did Grogar make another deal with you or something?”

“Not quite. What I hope to achieve is to set everypony free from what holds them back. That way, we will never end up in a scenario such as this ever again…”

Yeech. For someone so intelligent, he was very gullible. “Do you truly believe that Grogar is going to let you do whatever you want? You’re under his control now.”

Neighsay stomped up to me and hastily defended himself. “Even if I am, I owe it to myself to finish my work!” he yelled hard enough to cause the veins in his neck to bulge, “Don’t you understand?! This is all I have left in the world!”

As much as I didn’t want to, yes. I did understand, actually. More than he realized. “...I can somewhat see your stance. Regardless, is that why these ponies are in captivity? So you can experiment on them like lab rats?”

He scoffed, and turned away from me. “You have a front row seat, Vestige. To watch my own creative process and witness how I could have single-hoofedly saved us all!”

“Like how you tried to ‘save’ my mother?”

He stopped dead in his tracks as soon as I said that. A complete silence washed over the room. So quiet that I could hear the constant, gentle ringing in my own ears as well as the blood pump through my veins. The tension in the room was so palpable that you could practically swim in it.

Neighsay didn’t respond, so I went on. “Specimen 98. Bright Memento, remember? Or do you truly not value the lives of others and only see them as mere pawns in a game of chess? Even now, you are merely a pawn in Grogar’s game. Not your own. You have no control, no power, no anything. So do yourself a favor, save yourself the time and give all of this up before you make things worse. Bear in mind, I have no reason to hold back, given that you’re already dead.”

Once again, no response. The eerie silence returned…


Meanwhile…

Dammit! I was confused at first, but as soon as Pale tossed me out of that room, I knew something was up. All I could do was hope that I wasn’t spotted. But more importantly, I finally understood why I felt so suspicious from earlier. Sweetie Belle had been here the whole time--along with a few other individuals that had been taken hostage.

The question remained: How would I fight my way back in while Pale kept our enemy busy?

I stuck to the wall that was just around the corner, and suppressed my breaths to keep a low profile. They wouldn’t be able to trace my magical signature if I kept myself hidden well enough.

“Now think, Cheerilee. What would your wrestler of a sister do in a situation like this?”

PreviousChapters Next