• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,295 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,295

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 99: Wakeup Call

So the idea of holding a reunion for Cheerilee’s class was rather adorable. I was interested, of course. I very much wanted to see all the wonderful young adults that had become successful individuals thanks to her skilled teachings. Beyond that, I hated to admit, but it would also be something I could make use of in multiple ways.

First and foremost. It could be a great way for Cozy to meet new friends that she failed to make in the past. Somepony such as herself could benefit from meeting new faces in order to reconcile with her past. If she has the capacity to do that, then things would start to play out more smoothly for her.

Next was the fact I could potentially learn of the ways Equestria has changed for these youths in the last two decades or so. It was something small, yes. But gaining knowledge on how the landscape has changed would aid me in better understanding how everypony felt about the way Equestria was currently managed.

Lastly, whether or not that new Changeling brood would attempt to feast off the heightened concentration of love at the reunion was a problem in and of itself. Everyone was most certainly going to be overjoyed and enthused at meeting each other again after so long that I could almost predict that something bad would happen.

Well ‘almost’ was never good enough for this gray stallion.

Oh right. Let’s see...it had been quite the wonderful night I spent with Cheerilee. Despite the fact that we both slept on the living room carpet, it was rather nice to cuddle up to her to keep her warm. Brr. With Hearth’s Warming approaching, the weather change was sure to ruffle many feathers for sure.

I woke up first, and gently ran my hoof through her mane. It wasn’t long before her beautiful green eyes fluttered open to greet my own blonde ones.

“Ahhh…” she yawned, “Good morning, Pale. Did you sleep well?”

“Good morning. And yes,” I responded with a grin, “More than you know, Cheery. But...we definitely need a shower before we tackle the day.”

She rose to her hooves, and stood up to stretch. “Mmm! Ahh...oh, I have an idea. Why don’t we shower together?”

I got up after she did, and stretched also. Upon hearing her little ‘idea’ I let out a bray-like noise. “Heeh! I mean, ahem. Are you--is that really a good idea?”

As if to return the gesture I showed her, Cheerilee ran her hooves through my mane to iron out the frizziness I had acquired from sleeping on the carpet. “Oh, but it’ll save water, will it not?”

Her hooves were like a soothing silk massage that eased all of my tensions away. Even though my manecut was short, I still felt rather...joyful to feel her next to me like that. “Well...if you’re sure,” I replied with a shiver. I couldn’t exactly refuse such a nice offer.

Cheerilee giggled, and let me go. “Hmhm! I’ll go get the water started. Don’t keep me waaaaiting~” she teased with a bit of a sing-songy tone and a wink as she trotted upstairs to her bathroom.

Ah...I really couldn’t refuse that lovely mare.

So, we took a nice...detailed shower together, and enjoyed a nice breakfast with each other. We talked a bit more about Cozy and how great she had turned out. As well as the possibilities for her students. I also decided to ask about the nearest major holiday…

“Oh, by the way. What’s your opinion on Hearth’s Warming?”

Her ears drooped for a split second as she swallowed the bit of waffle she had made. “Oh dear...well, it’s...it’s been alright I suppose.” She put a hoof to her cheek.

Holy Luna! Just how much inner turmoil did Cheerilee carry? I knew something was wrong the instant I saw her ears fall, followed by that reply of hers that came with a forced smile. I had been so caught up in my job that I never considered simply having more casual words with her. I felt foolish. But I was certainly going to do my best to spend more time with her from now on.

Anyhow, I asked her a question. “Wait, huh? You’re not that into it? But it’s a fun time to spend with family and--” I paused, and grit my teeth. It hit me midway through. “Ohh…”

She nodded. “There it is. Essentially, I’ve been...alone. Every time,” she tapped her hoof on the table for added emphasis, “for the holidays. My students all went home to their own families, and I...went home to nothing. I was more than certain that I was just destined to be by myself on every holiday.” She rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Blech. Don’t even ask me about my parents. I refused every holiday party invitation because I knew I’d be met with nothing but ‘where’s your husband?’ this and ‘where’s our grandfoals?’ that. Ugh!”

That sounded painful. But wait, didn’t she have friends that could spend those moments with her? “I see...but what about The Mayor?”

“Oh. I’ve spent the holiday with her a few times, yeah. But I didn’t wanna take away the time she spends with her family.” She took a sip from her teacup, and stared into it with a longing expression and a sigh. “Hmm...holidays like Hearts and Hooves Day, Hearth’s Warming, even the Grand Galloping Gala--they’re all so...saddening to experience if you’re alone all the time like myself. I just preferred to stay away from others and act like it didn’t really happen since it was much easier than trying to force myself to find somepony to spend it with.”

Now things were a bit more clear. Cheerilee...suffered from a bit of depression when it came to her love life and the way others perceived her and her accomplishments. I felt bad, I really did. Having nopony to spend time with on such special days could drive you mad. But I would stand for it no longer.

I put a hoof on one of hers. “Cheery...don’t worry. From now on, you’ll never be alone. I promise to always come to spend the holidays with you no matter what.”

With soft, heartfelt eyes, she smiled at me. Then she giggled, and gave a hearty response. “Oh noooo you don’t. Don’t start making promises that you can’t keep. Just do your best okay, Paley? If you’re busy, I wouldn’t want to rush your work.”

Completely understandable. I wouldn’t want her to start worrying about me at all times for a promise that was beyond my control. “Right, right, heh. Of course, Cheery. I’ll still do my best to be here with you no matter what.”

“How sweet of you...I appreciate that a lot.” She got up from the table, and placed a kiss on my forehead. Then she grabbed both of our empty plates, and took them to the sink to wash them.

I smiled at her, then leaned back in the chair. “Hrm…” What was my next move going to be...ah! Right. I needed to get back on track and speak to the other ponies that had been affected by Neighsay’s corrupt little...power-up. So far, it has been Blossomforth, Thunderlane, Caballeron and...let me just get my list out.

I got up, and trotted over to my coat that was on the rack. I dug around and found the notes with the other names on them.

Inky Rose.

Huh. I remember her from being one of Rarity’s fashion buddies. But where did she currently live now, all these years later? Guess that was my next priority.

From the kitchen, I heard the angelic voice of the teacher mare call out to me. “So, Pale,” she spoke aloud, “What’s on the agenda for today? More skirmishes with gods and monsters? Immortals and rising phoenixes?” she teased me with another adorable giggle.

I put the notes away, and walked back over. “Haaaah. If it were up to me, I’d spend my day with you.” I put an extra bit of flirting into my actions, and put my hooves around her from behind in a doting sort of style.

“Ohohoho my...if you stayed around all day, my hips would be destroyed from how much you outpace me,” she replied with a knowing smile, “But don’t let me keep you. So long as you know what you’re doing, hun. You have my support all the way.”

I placed a quick smooch on her lips, and let go. “Thanks, Cheerilee. I love you.”

“I love you too, Pale,” she replied. “Hehe! Almost sounded like a marriage proposal right then, didn’t it?”

I chuckled as I stepped out of the kitchen. “For you? ‘I do’ would be my only answer to that question.”

Her cheeks turned red, “Aww...stoppit you!” she said with a snorting laugh as she resumed work on the dishes. “See you later, then?”

“Absolutely. Though...I was thinking you, Cozy, and I could all spend time together,” was my tentative response. I wasn’t sure how Cheerilee would react to hearing this. But lucky, the earth pony mare was in agreement.

“Oh yes! Family movie night!” she called out, “Now get going! You don’t want to be late for your next interview do you?”

By then, I already had my coat and hat on. Back on the beat as usual. “No need to tell me twice, hun. Goodbye for now.”

“Byyyye!” she waved as I left.

Ahh...what a lovely experience. A night spent with her was like heaven on this wasteland we called a planet. But now, I had to focus on my next objective. Inky Rose...Inky Rose...well since she used to work with Rarity, the Carousel Boutique was the place I needed to go to first. But her schedule was so finicky that I had no real idea whether or not I would get lucky enough to speak to her. I was going to need some assistance for a case scenario like this.

And I already knew who to go to.

I headed back to my office/antique shop. Though, the entire time I had the feeling of being followed. Not by a hostile force or anything. But somepony whose aura was rather average yet showy. One that belonged to a unicorn I had met previously in this small town. Hm, could it be? Gah, never mind that for now. I needed to focus.

“Cork my boy!” I shouted as I stepped into the office, “What’s the sitrep?”

“Boss!” With a flap of his wings, he flew over, and tackled me with a hug. “I got great news! Quick Draw has nearly finished her rehabilitation!”

That was a beautiful thing to hear. Maybe we could all become a team again soon...very soon. But I didn’t let that distract me. “Awesome, son. But first, I need to know something: Do you have Rarity’s schedule for when she makes appearances at Carousel?”

He let me go, and flew back over to his desk. “Uhh...yeah, lemme pull that up. What’s the situation, boss?”

I walked over to his desk to meet him there. “Well, I’m looking for a mare by the name of Inky Rose. Rarity knows her well, so I figured she’d know where she lives or works. Reason being is that she’s the third pony on Neighsay’s list of test subjects.” I leaned one hoof on the youngster’s desk in a casual fashion. “So, can ya help me out, bud?”

What came next almost startled me.

“Oh her? Pff. I know her myself, actually. I think one of my older brothers actually dated her…”

“...Oh god no…”

PreviousChapters Next