• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 273: Listening To The Ram

Guttersnipe spoke up next. “Eh? What are you saying, bub?”

“What I mean to say is that the strife caused by what everypony thinks is magic itself is not the root cause of Equestria’s downfalls,” Grogar went on, “The source is the individuals who try and use it to their whims. Think about it, everyone...most of your live’s problems stem from an abuse of power in some way does it not?”

The room fell silent as we all decided to give it some thought. But I knew very well that our guards were still up, ready to react to any sudden attacks.

Grogar must have been able to feel how tense we were, because he actually attempted to calm us down. “Relax yourselves. I’m unable to cause you guys any damage. I’m merely a projection--a clone of sorts. I genuinely want you all to think about it. How badly has someone above you with magical abilities affected the way you live? Even down to the most minor inconveniences.”

In general, it hit us all in differing ways, but caused us to unite under a similar goal.

For both Cathartic Corkscrew and Guttersnipe Poinsettia, it was a somewhat similar scenario. Both of their respective families wanted to put them in general flight programs for pegasus ponies. Something safe that would adhere to their innate abilities rather nicely. But they each suffered through an event that resulted in an epiphany in their own ways.

Corkscrew had always felt estranged by his immediate family with how many siblings he had. He wanted to carve out his own path instead of falling into line with everyone else.

Guttersnipe on the other hoof, lost her wings in an accident when she tried to save her friends from deadly bite-acudas. Since then, she’s desired to make the world safer for others so no one would have to endure what she did.

But prior to that, both of them were a smidge away from being drafted into a system that played out similarly for most pegasus ponies: dealing with the weather and nothing more.

For Flash Drive and Neon Isotope, the affects of magic on their lives were much more direct.

Drive’s family was driven out of their home before he was born. Those in power in South Zebrica who held a monopoly over potions and other magic considered all other ponies to be inferior, and forced them out…

And Neon suffered a similar case of prejudice as a batpony. Because his features were considered odd and unnatural, he was treated so poorly that one of his limbs ended up lost during his foalhood…

Both of them suffered quite a lot thanks to those who either considered their forms of magic inferior or too odd to be normal.

Quick Draw meanwhile, had a relatively stable upbringing. Her father was a single stallion, and did his best to take care of her, but she was always a bit...off. I couldn’t put my hoof on it, but the fact that she was so willing to fall victim to the control of Neigshay…

Who coincidentally played a massive impact in my own life, what with his magical experimentation. It not only affected me, but my entire family. Or at least what I thought was my family. It prevented me from having the chance at a normal childhood--along with the fact that I almost lost myself to a mindless sense of bloodlust and hatred until she saved me…

So all in all, I could comprehend what he laid down, but that didn’t automatically sway me or anything. After all, I still needed a proper answer.

“Alright…” I muttered in response, “Even if there are cases where many unsavory folks wield magic for corrupt purposes, what does that say about you? What do you intend to do that’s any different from the masses before us?”

Grogar looked up at the tree once more. “It’s simple...if I absorb the strongest forms of magic in the world, I can make it so that you--and those growing up under you--will no longer have to suffer any forms of magical oppression. I will create a world in which nothing akin to Tirek, Chrysalis, or any demonic entity will arise as they did recently. Isn’t that the kind of world you want? A safe one?”

“Wait a goddamn minute,” Quick interrupted, “So the entire attack between yesterday and today was just a massive example of what you want to stop?” she tilted her head, eyes narrowed with a judgemental stare, “What kind of backwards-ass logic is that?!”

The ram stared at the floor, teeth clenched. As if he was on the verge of an unstable breakdown. “...I wanted to be taken seriously. As the Father of All Monsters, it was the only way I could go about enacting a change. In truth, I want...to create a utopia.”

PreviousChapters Next