• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 311: Rights' Tale Part 2

“Wait, so Vanhoover was involved as well?!” I practically shouted.

I knew it. There was no way the issues of just one city could keep someone as skilled as Miranda-Freaking-Rights occupied for a decade and a half. I knew there had to be more to it, and as difficult as it was for her to explain, I was finally about to get the details that I sought after. I wasn’t angry with her, mind you. I just wanted her to be clear with me before I moved onto the next major stage of my life.

“Ah, shit…” Rights mumbled, and shrugged her shoulders, “Guess it’s out of the bag now, isn’t it? Yes. I eventually was involved in more than just Chicoltgo. See, the plan was for me to simply assist there for a few years and come back to Manehattan when you’ve matured to see how much you’ve grown. Unfortunately for me and my can-do, selfless ass--I chose to stay there because I knew you were being taken care of pretty well. That, and...the corruption only got worse.”

“...How much worse?” I asked slowly.

“Well...it got to a point where both Vanhoover and Chicoltgo had their own fair share of problems. Vanhoover on the whole was less violent, but there was a lot more political instability that led to...misplacement, to put it lightly.”

That must have been what she had referred to earlier. “Wait a minute--wait a minute. So you’re telling me that the son of the mayor of Chicoltgo got involved with the daughter of the mayor of Vanhoover and their parents...what did they do?”

“His name was Sky Scraper and her name was Maple Acer.” Rights folded her hooves as she relayed the rest of it. “Both of their parents hated this. One thing you gotta understand is that places like these: Vanhoover, Chicoltgo, Las Pegasus, Manehattan, New Horseleans--they’re constantly at a bitter, petty rivalry with each other despite being part of the same rulership--Equestria. I mean, you should know about the rivalry between Chicoltgo and Manehattan’s pizzas…”

Twas true indeed. For centuries, both of these cities had been locked in a bitter state over who had the better pizza. I still personally thought that Chicoltgo’s style was a bit messy. But it ultimately never bothered me. But to think it would get to the point where they were at each other’s throats over political business…

“Alright--so the parents--the mayors of the respective cities obviously hated what was going down between their children. So what did they do?”

Rights went on. “For the longest time, we suspected a gang from Vanhoover was after Sky Scraper--so I was also deployed there to make sure nothing was wrong in that city. Which is where I found lots of drugs and other things that were sold illegally. You’d throw up at the sight--alleyways littered with injection needles and other gross things.” She had to pause for a moment with her hoof over her mouth, and took a breath before she continued. “...Sorry. It’s just hard for me to think about all of this.”

I brought her in close for a hug. “...Take your time, mother. I’m sure you’ve seen a lot of things that would make even the most hardened officer retch.”

She accepted the hug, but moved away after a second. “Ahem. Thanks for the sympathy, kiddo. But I’m fine now. Anyway, yes. I’m sure you can imagine how hard it was to manage the crime in two cities while also actively working to keep a mayor’s son alive. But in a shocking twist--you’re not gonna believe what happened next…”

I had already ventured a guess. “...The mayor of Vanhoover was in cahoots with the gangs that were sent after Sky Scraper the entire time?”

“...Man, you’re on the ball, aren’tcha? Must’ve got it from me,” she tried to force a smile to lighten the mood, but it didn’t work. “Anyway, yeah. Exactly. It was a messy ass situation from all angles because we couldn’t just go public with the information. If we did, then each city and its residents would throw a fit and essentially go to war with each other over who was right and who was wrong. You know how overly tribal ponies can be…”

Didn’t have to say that twice. I knew what that was like...

PreviousChapters Next