• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,302 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,302

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 272: Meeting The Ram

My bat friend gave a signal to the others of his kind. They flew off, presumably to help with the ongoing conflict outside of the castle walls. “...Is everyone alright?” Neon asked us. His confused expression made it out like we were the strange ones at that moment.

I was the first to approach him on the subject. “Er...how did you...when did you learn how to accomplish that?”

“If you’re asking about how I managed to summon my fellow bats, then that’s an innate thing. As far as the jaw goes...you learn a lot when you have to deal with folks who want to try and capture you for your teeth over the years,” he turned to face the last room of the castle that we had yet to enter. “Ready to end this?”

Corkscrew stood up, and tilted his neck to pop some of his bones. “Absolutely. I won’t allow him to do whatever he wants.”

Flash Drive put a hoof around his brother’s neck. “Bruv, you know I’m always prepared to keep you alive. It’s what mum and dad would want.”

Quick Draw stretched her hooves as she stood up. “No point in wasting a bunch of words. Let’s get this over with. Love you guys.”

Guttersnipe giggled at this, and nudged Quick with her tail--much to the chagrin of the yellow earth pony. “Aw, I knew you cared about us, Quickie! But she’s right. It’s time to finally finish this off. Whatever happens, I’m glad you guys stuck by me throughout the years.”

It was mutual in that regard for me.

“Indeed...in the end, no matter what happens, I’m simply grateful that you were all here to witness Cozy’s progress.”

As we ventured towards the final room of the castle ruins, Quick Draw spoke up.

“Hey, speaking of which...any idea what she’s doing now, Pale?”

I smirked at Quick. “If anything, I’d be more worried for Grogar. He may be the being of fear, but her overwhelming intellect offsets any advantages he may think he has right about now.”

With a swift kick to the door, the final room would predictably be the throne room of the run-down castle. A massive hall filled with broken pillars, a misshapen roof, and oodles of piles of rubble scattered across the floor. What threw me for a loop was just how much bigger the room was on the inside. Easily the length of a buckball field, or 100 yards long, I couldn’t help but feel the sickening, overwhelming sense of illusory magic that warped the perspective of this place.

...And wouldn’t you know it? In the very middle of the throne’s hall...the fully restored Tree of Harmony. Just a sprint’s distance away.

And alongside it was the man/beast/thing himself.

“So you’ve finally arrived…” he muttered as he dragged his hoof down the base of the tree which emitted loud, squeaky noises that pierced through and reverberated off the hollow walls of the castle ruins. “And to think, after all this time, I came across individuals who could truly measure up to my challenges. Not the alicorns, not the elements, not the pillars, not even the infamous so-called ‘villains’ who wanted to spread their own form of disharmony.” He turned to face our direction. “Instead, it was you. Six workers. Gears in the system. It’s poetic, in a way…”

We didn’t want to jump at the chance just yet. If we leapt over the shark now, there would be absolutely no way to tell what he would do.

Instead, I simply held my hoof out in front of my crew. A signal of sorts to let me gather evidence, and interview the subject in question.

“Is that so?” I asked as I took a step forward, “What do you mean by that, ‘Father of All Monsters?’”

Grogar actually decided to take a seat. As if this was nothing more than a casual conversation between friends. “Nothing worth fretting over, really. Just found that it was inevitable for someone to take the matters of their lives into their own hooves at some point. A mortal cannot be led around by gods like a lamb to slaughter. Tis how the world has always ended up in shambles. The Changelings, Sombra, Discord, Cozy Glow…all are products of the stifling way of this world: Empowerment to those in power.”

“So what’s the point, then?” I asked, “What’s the point of anything? There’s always going to be an imbalance of power among the masses. What do you want to do? Remove magic entirely?”

“Magic itself isn’t the problem,” he replied, as he looked up at the tree, “It’s those who wield it…”

PreviousChapters Next