• Published 14th Aug 2020
  • 4,301 Views, 1,863 Comments

Interviews With Equestrians - Jmaster49



A look inside the hidden perspectives of the average pony by your average joe. Starting with the imprisonment of Cozy Glow, this pony sets out to expose the hidden problems of Equestria that its residents have a right to know.

  • ...
19
 1,863
 4,301

PreviousChapters Next
Subject 271: Area 3

Before we had a chance to even think about what we wanted to do next, the centaur attacked us.

BZZZZZ!

A laser beam fired straight from the centaur’s horns traveled along the ground, and swooped up towards us.

“AH!”

With a brisk shriek, we all quickly dove out of the way into the safety of some nearby bushes. Grogar really did want to pull out all the stops, huh? I honestly had never battled a centaur like this before, so this was entirely new territory for me.

Unfortunately for us, Guts and Cork were both a bit winded from what they had both done moments prior. Which meant the last member of the aerial team, Neon, had to kickstart the last leg of what would become the final battle.

And he already knew it, which is why he let out an inaudible scream.

His jaws nearly unhinged themselves from his face from how wide he opened his mouth. Fangs at the ready, and dripping hungrily with salivation. I could only imagine the pitch of the cry he let out. So powerful that normal pony ears couldn’t hear it. Just what could he be doing?

Wait a second. So powerful that normal pony ears couldn’t hear it...of course!

The next thing I knew, I saw a swarm of batponies fly up and over the castle walls. There was easily at least anywhere from fifty to a hundred of them! But what was most impressive was the fact that these batponies would respond to Neon’s call during the day. No normal bat becomes that aggressive with the sun out. Only the moonlight would allow them to tap into their instincts.

At least, that’s what I thought until Neon showed me what he could do.

“Alright lads and mares!” Neon screeched as loud as he possibly could, “Swoop in and take it out!”

I looked up at the centaur. From what I could tell, he looked absolutely unfazed by what he had seen. I guess from his perspective, they were nothing more than harmless fruit bats. Especially since they’re normally not very active during the day, right?

Well, he was in for a shock.

With a cacophony of squeals and squeaks, the swarm of batponies flew around, and started to assault the giant in various ways.

The vampire batponies started off with a combined, corrosive spitball that struck the centaur right in the eyes!

“AUUUUUGH!”

It roared from the pain. Now blinded, the rest of them would only make things worse for the summoned beast. So much so, that what came next caused me to visibly wince.

The fruit batponies would charge forward and sink their razor-sharp fangs into the flesh of the centaur, and shredded it up in the process.

“Woah...that’s sick!” Cork called out.

“...Literally,” Quick Draw stood with awe plastered over her face, almost ready to heave, “How can they even stomach doing such a thing?”

“Bats consume everything,” I chimed in, “Even mosquitoes. That’s why Flash Drive always packs candied ones just in case his brother ever gets hungry on certain missions.” I looked over at the black unicorn for an answer, “Isn’t that right?”

Drive rolled his eyes. “Don’t sass me, mate. They’re delicious.”

“Holy shit, look guys!” Guttersnipe pointed up to the sky.

We all gazed upwards and watched as Neon flew into the sky to meet the centaur face to face. Its eyes were still bloodshot and unable to properly see anything in front of him which gave the batpony friend of ours the advantage.

Just as creepily as before, his jaw unhinged as much as possible, and his fangs...those fangs turned into endless rows of shark-like teeth! Without so much as a warning, Neon’s jaw clamped down upon the centaur’s snout, which caused it to roar out once again!

“RRRRAGGGGH!”

It shook itself back and forth to desperately rid himself of the pests that had clung to his body. And it worked somewhat. Most of the batponies were swatted away either by the centaur’s tail or arms, and landed in nearby trees.

But Neon? That bluish-green bat of a stallion held on like a bee in honey. No matter how much the centaur moved and tried to force him off, he wouldn’t yield.

Not until he let go willingly that is.

“Alright, time to end it! EVERYONE OVER ‘ERE!”

With a mighty roar of his own, Neon swooped in to bite at the throat of the massive beast. This was followed by all of the other batponies that he had summoned to help him out. The monster didn’t bleed, but it was no longer able to fight due to its magical reservoir being tapped out.

And then in one fell swoop…

CRUNCH!

All of the batponies, Neon included, tore the beast’s throat out with their jaws. Thankfully, it was a bloodless affair given that it was made of magic. However, it was no less impressive.

Now incapacitated, the centaur fell to the ground, and disappeared in a flash of black ash.

Neon hovered down to us whilst he forced his jaw back into place. “Alright...that settles that.”

All we could do was stare in amazement.

PreviousChapters Next